It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meyers-Briggs Test

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
So what's your personality type? We took a Meyers-Briggs test last night in class, and the results didn't suprise me at all. I was an INTP style learner, which, according to this site is:

INTPs tend to be private, quiet, independent, skeptical and curious. They are mainly interested in new ideas and have little concern for parties or small talk. They can, however, become quite talkative about a topic they have knowledge and interest in. They seek to develop logical explanations for everything that interests them. They have an unusual ability to focus in depth to solve problems. INTPs are interested in theorizing, analyzing, and learning, thriving on exploring, understanding, and explaining how the world works. Other words to describe an INTP include nonconforming, adaptive, and unpredictable.

If you don't already know what you are, you can go here for a simple online test. I took one of them professional ones last night, and came out clearly INTP, as I did taking that simple online one. This is what the site had to say about me:

Your #1 Match: INTP
The Thinker

You are analytical and logical - and on a quest to learn everything you can.
Smart and complex, you always love a new intellectual challenge.
Your biggest pet peeve is people who slow you down with trivial chit chat.
A quiet maverick, you tend to ignore rules and authority whenever you feel like it.

You would make an excellent mathematician, programmer, or professor.

Who knows, this test could give us a small window into the minds of other members, and could help understanding in their ways of expressing/posting their opinions and how they've arrived at their conclusions. Go for it, it'll be fun!

EDIT: Anyone here who knows me fairly well from our debates/conversations...Are you suprised?

[edit on 8-30-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
INFP.

INFPs tend to be reserved, kind, quiet, sensitive, and dedicated to those close to them. They are more deeply invested in what they do than people realize, being passionate about things important to them. They notice the subtle nuances behind people's words and behavior, and they seek to have personal impact in whatever they do. They too easily take on more than seems possible to accomplish but somehow get it done. INFPs are curious, quick to see possibilities, and adept at implementing ideas. Other words to describe an INFP include creative, original, imaginative, and flexible.

I did this at work several years ago (in an attempt by our very brave HR department to try and fix interdepartmental warring)...it was really kind of informative.

My ex was ENTJ.

Probably why he's now my ex.

Famous INFPs...

Homer
Virgil
Mary, mother of Jesus
St. John, the beloved disciple
St. Luke; physician, disciple, author
William Shakespeare, bard of Avon
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (Evangeline)
A. A. Milne (Winnie the Pooh)
Laura Ingalls Wilder (Little House on the Prairie)
Helen Keller, deaf and blind author
Carl Rogers, reflective psychologist, counselor

Well, at least I'm in good company. I think...

Click here to find famous matches for your type

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The Myers Briggs test is great. Not only does it show you your own personality, but also who you interact with best, and what your occupation suits you best. I am ENFP and found that farming, with the repetitive nature of it was not my profession.

There is tons of books on it and on interpretations of it, its probably the best profiling system I have encountered.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   

They need affirmation from others and willingly give appreciation and support.

You're doing a great job, NetChicken! We all think you're great, keep up the good work!
(very contrary to the type of response an integer P would give
)

Oh, yeah. Alby E. and I are buddies in personalities

Along with:
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Henri Mancini
Blaise Pascal
Sir Isaac Newton
Tiger Woods

"And sometimes I wish I was Tiger Woods, Tiger Woods, Tiger Woods" -- Dan Bern

[edit on 8-30-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I have been to one other site www.humanmetrics.com...
and there I took the test and I was ENFP
whatever that means
link provided here didn't work for me so I got to type Meyers-Briggs in google
there are plenty other tests on humanmetrics too
you can go and try them

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Hey link which I thought didn't work works at last, and even if it seemed biased and I did all the answers different then first I was ENFP.
HMMMMMMMMM!!!
Maybe I am ENFP then.

Your #1 Match: ENFP
The Inspirer

You love being around people, and you are deeply committed to your friends.
You are also unconventional, irreverant, and unimpressed by authority and rules.
Incredibly perceptive, you can usually sense if someone has hidden motives.
You use lots of colorful language and expressions. You're qutie the storyteller!

You would make an excellent entrepreneur, politician, or journalist.

that is what they put there.
So what should I do then listen to the test or think fo myself.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MankoW
So what should I do then listen to the test or think fo myself.

That depends. If you're a fellow neocon, I suggest you become a politician
Otherwise, think for yourself

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Your #1 Match: ISTJ
The Duty Fulfiller

You are responsible, reliable, and hardworking - you get the job done.
You prefer productive hobbies, like woodworking or knittings.
Quiet and serious, you are well prepared for whatever life hands you.
Conservative and down-to-earth, you hardly ever do anything crazy.

You would make a great business executive, accountant, or lawyer.

Interestingly enough, I would never want to be a businessman or accountant. I probably wouldn't want to be a lawyer, either, although I do find the law interesting. I'm studying to be an electrical engineer, and although it's nothing like the suggested professions above, is a good fit with the qualities that are listed above. Of the four points listed, #1, #3 and #4 are definitely me, and #2 is also, but to a lesser degree.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

The Inspirer

You are also unconventional, irreverant, and unimpressed by authority and rules.
You use lots of colorful language and expressions. You're qutie the storyteller!

I guess that's about me. Pretty interestign quiz. Maybe I'll take a professional one.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Pretty close I think......

The Mechanic

You are calm and collected, even in the most difficult of situations.
A person of action and self-direction, you love being independent.
To outsiders yous eem impulsive, surprising, and unpredictable.
You are good at understanding how all things work, except for people.

You would make an excellent pilot, forensic pathologist, or athlete.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
this is my number one.

The Performer

You are a natural performer and happiest when you're entertaining others.
A great friend, you are generous, fun-loving and optimistic.
You love to laugh - and you like almost all people equally.
You accept life as it is, and you do your best to make each day fantastic.

You would make a good actor, designer, or counselor.

the one i wanted was number five for the job i wanted was teacher.

The Caregiver

You are sympathetic and caring, putting friends and family first.
A creature of habit, you prefer routines and have trouble with change.
You love being in groups - whether you're helping people or working on a project.
You are good at listening, laughing, and bringing out the best in people.

You would make a great nurse, social worker, or teacher.

in anicase its pretty fun.

[edit on 30-8-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
INFP: The Idealist

You are creative with a great imagination, living in your own inner world.
Open minded and accepting, you strive for harmony in your important relationships.
It takes a long time for people to get to know you. You are hesitant to let people get close.
But once you care for someone, you do everything you can to help them grow and develop.

You would make an excellent writer, psychologist, or artist.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

M-B has a higher opinion of me than I do ...

It is kind of fun though.
I remember many moons ago taking an M-B when I was applying for a job in sales. I didn't get it.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zadeh Redux
M-B has a higher opinion of me than I do ...

Hey, don't be so rough on yourself! I haven't bumped into you much, if at all, on threads here at ATS, but the fact that you're here says a lot about your willingness to accept new ideas and your intelligence (you seem to, after all, stay away from political threads
). Most people don't look for discussion boards where they actually have to think before they post. The fact that you're still around since 2004 shows that you do think before you post -- no warns and you're not banned.

We are very close in personality types, too, though the F/T test for me, when I took it in class, was dramatically towards the T side. I have to respect someone who is capable of something I just can't conprehend. I am the proverbial vulcan, generally. Logic rules most of my decisions and opinions. I have put my heart to the side, relying instead on my mind. I would love to be able to feel for people, recheck what it is I'm saying considering the other person's emotions beforehand, and even to stick to my guns in the face of complete and logical adversity. Yet, that's just not how I'm made up. It's annoying, too, because even if I'm right about something, if someone has more knowledge than I do, they can convince me otherwise. Kudos to you for being able to stick to your guns, knowing there's an explanation even in situations where your knowledgably inferior. Note, I didn't say intellectually inferior, but knowledgably inferior. It is a commendable quality.

Don't knock yourself. If I'm lucky, we'll run into one another on some other threads and be able to talk about this, that or the other thing.

You're exactly the kind of person I gravitate towards for friends. Someone to pull me out of the fires I get myself into. Someone who has my corner as I rush out there and stick my neck out. Someone who also knows that, sometimes it's best to just be there, and not say anything. Not try to convince me to talk with them. Someone who, even when I screw up, is there, understanding and not judgemental, but rather correcting in a kind and compassionate manner.

I have no idea how to close this post...So...ROCK, ROCK ON!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'm an INFP. Apparently I'm some manner of idealist...

isn't that great.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I am also an INFP, The Idealist. My #2 was INFJ, The Protector.

Fairly accurate description of me.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Gee whiz junglejake,

Thanks for the kind words. I have noticed your posts and so far as I can tell you do measure your words and consider how they will be taken.

Seeing that you are a long time member, I would imagine that you have developed certain relationships with other 'alumnists'. There is no doubt in my mind, too, that you have a pretty good idea what to expect from 'recent arrivals' after their first post.

I appreciate that you treat both with intelligent replies, respect and humor, and post, as well, your own intriguing threads. Thanks for that, too.

Seems there are quite a few other INFP's here, so I guess your glutimus maximus is well covered.

By the way, I did comment on the B-2s o'er Chicargo here:

www.abovetopsecret.com... (1640196)

ROCK ON ... BAKATCHA ^6

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I got INTJ..sorta close I guess.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Your #1 Match: ENFP

Here is the weird part. I actually went to college to become a journalist. I majored in English/Journalism. I decided against it after finding out some very negative things about the feild. My professor actually had someone come in to class and say that if need be lie to the person you need to get a quote from. It almost went so far as to lie if you need a story, embellish alot. The ony unfortunate thing is that I wasen't able to take any journalism classes until my senior year. They had a problem getting someone to teach those classes or something of that nature. I couldn't change my major. I keep thinking I would like to write a book, but it seems like I just don't have a story within me though. I'm saddled with a nice large school loan. Sometimes I wish hindsight could be foresight.

Now I'm a stay at home mom homeschooling the kids, because I do not like what I'm seeing and hearing in the public school system. The one place I would send them to is way to expensive for me. At least I will know my kids will definitly know how to read well. I will teach them everything I wish I knew before graduating highschool.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I worked for a while in an alcoholic rehab. There I did the Myers Briggs to some of the people. One guy ended in tears, he had been a marine engineer, and after doing the test he realised he should have become a writer, it spoke to him totally, and had bugged him his entire life.

There are a subset of people with the I = introvert who are statistically more likely to become drug dependant (alcoholic) than others. The I's tend to get their energy by being alone couple that with a reluctance to talk about issues can lead to compensatory behaviour to cope with their situations.

I remember we had a big thread on this years ago, I'll check it out....

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Here we go...

A lot of personality tests :

Its not suprising that there are lots if introverted people here. Introverson really means "Where do you get your energy, from people or alone", so people get their energy by coming, alone, to ATS.

Alcoholics are often I's and J's as well, heavily judging themselves and wanting to be alone.

there is another thread here but it doesn't load for me....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join