Where Is The Love ... It's Time To Step Up World.

page: 2
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   


This double standard of the United States having it their own way, and everyone else having it the U.S.'s way, is why no-one extends an open hand to the bully of the world, when mother nature trips him temporarily to the ground.



Fine screw it I don't feel deal with everyone complaining and thinking we are the bully. I say we do not give out anything ever again, close down our borders for good and go completely self sufficient with no trade. Lets see how everyone likes it then. We can MAYBE keep trade for Mexico and Canada but only because of their proximity. People say that we are the bully and want us out of all their affairs OK. Later. By the way how is that McDonalds UK or the Wal-Mart France? How are you treating all of our Manufacturers China? Kiss them goodbye because if U.S. companies can't trade to the US (Sounds dumb) then there is no point for them to be over there since the U.S is the largest importer of goods from China. Kiss your economy goodbye China. How are Japan and Latin America liking baseball? Good? Well get out cause we don't want other countries in our affairs. In fact everyone that is not a natural born citizen get out. I don't want any other countries influence on us. The American dream is for Americans only.

I am not serious with this but I sure am sick of people saying US is such a bully and pushing themselves on everyone else. Influence is good from other countries. Diversity is good. It is what makes democracies great. We are not over in these countries trying to be a big bad bully or trying to take over the world. That is just stupid. It is an ignorant thought. Did any one think that there could be a master Conspiracy with the U.S. government and that maybe they do believe what they are doing is for the improving lives of all Man-kind. Anyone ever think of it that way? Sometimes things don’t go as planned. Every plan will have a wrench thrown into it. It is the way life goes. And I believe in what our government is trying to do with countries like Iraq. There are times were I am like WTF…but that is how life goes. It is my opinion that in the end we will all see that hey, maybe that crazy old George Bush was right.

Finally, It would be nice to be thanked or considered for some relief help. We probably wouldn’t accept it but we would be appreciative. If France were just to say “Hey U.S. that was a pretty wicked storm. Can we help you out with some food, money or manpower.” Or if Russia were like "Hey we hear that the pumps in New Orleans are running out of Diesel Fuel. We have some extra. Do you want it?" It is the thought that counts. And we always remember that.




posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
No comment but here:

UPDATE: Russia offers help to U.S. after deadly hurricane


MOSCOW, August 30 (RIA Novosti) - Russia is ready to assist the United States in dealing with the damage caused by hurricane Katrina, which has taken 68 lives so far and left behind a tremendous amount of devastation, Russian President Vladimir Putin said in a message to U.S. President George Bush Tuesday.

"Russia deeply sympathizes with Americans, who faced a disaster of such a colossal scale, and is ready to offer necessary assistance," Putin said.

Putin asked Bush to extend his condolences to families and relatives of those killed in the disaster.

"Accept my sincere words of regret in connection with the natural calamity in the USA. I know that hurricane Katrina, which swept the southeast coast of the country, resulted in deaths, left tens of thousands of Americans without roofs over their heads, and caused substantial damage to the region's economy," the message said.



posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
There you go....Putin must have read my post earlier



posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Iran offers condolences to relatives of U.S. hurricane victims

Rev. Jackson Meets With Venezuela's Chavez

``We never lose hope that we'll regain a good tone with Mr. Bush's government,'' said Chavez, who offered Venezuelan aid in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.





[edit on 8-30-2005 by worldwatcher]



posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timcouchfanclub



I am not serious with this but I sure am sick of people saying US is such a bully and pushing themselves on everyone else. Influence is good from other countries. Diversity is good. It is what makes democracies great. We are not over in these countries trying to be a big bad bully or trying to take over the world. That is just stupid. It is an ignorant thought. Did any one think that there could be a master Conspiracy with the U.S. government and that maybe they do believe what they are doing is for the improving lives of all Man-kind. Anyone ever think of it that way? Sometimes things don’t go as planned. Every plan will have a wrench thrown into it. It is the way life goes. And I believe in what our government is trying to do with countries like Iraq. There are times were I am like WTF…but that is how life goes. It is my opinion that in the end we will all see that hey, maybe that crazy old George Bush was right.


Let's see where to start. How about here.....

Influence is good from other countries. Diversity is good. It is what makes democracies great.

So....... Diversity= two parties that have a chance....and a few that everyone knows is just there to stir the main two?

Why such hostile emotion about how you feel? Little forceful with our beliefs? People with those same forceful beliefs who stumbled into power due to the idiocy of the world, is what has caused a lot of our problems. But, that's another post.

What ever happened to live and let live?

Anyways, I'm dragging too far off topic. I am moving to a new home next week, so I am in the packing process. Anything I think will be of use, or COULD be, is going to go to the relief effort..... Can anyone tell me the best way to make sure it gets there efficiently?
My whole point is..... everyone COULD help everyone....IF, they really wanted.



[edit on 30-8-2005 by siFtInG]



posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Worldwatcher I must ask do you constantly change you avatar picture every 2 minuets? Or am I missing something?



posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
the world is showing love, close the thread


j/p, well not really


we should never be so quick to assume no one cares or cares less from when things happens in our country and turn around and demand sympathy from other countries. not the right state of mind to be in.



posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   


the world is showing love, close the thread


LOL nice.

It sure doesn't feel like love. More like a one night stand. I will believe its love when Chavez and Putin cuddle with us and cook breakfast.



posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
you only now notice westpoint


btw I think I'm making my point...
it takes time for news to travel, the USA hasn't even determine what aid is need and offers are coming in, don't be so quick to gripe at the world, think about how you can help instead of worrying what other countries are doing....plus aid isn't always something tangible or something that can or should be publicly seen.



posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

you only now notice westpoint


Sorry but that Indian girl In the white tank top got my attention, then when I posted she was gone.




[edit on 30-8-2005 by WestPoint23]



posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by siFtInG
Are you really that surprised that no one offers help?
Now ask yourself, "Why is that. .......really?"


ANSWER - because when it comes to America the world
takes and takes and takes and blames and blames and
blames. THAT is why!!



posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
ANSWER - because when it comes to America the world
takes and takes and takes and blames and blames and
blames. THAT is why!!


I guess ignorance is bliss eh?

Copied from above:

Originally posted by worldwatcher
No comment but here:

UPDATE: Russia offers help to U.S. after deadly hurricane


MOSCOW, August 30 (RIA Novosti) - Russia is ready to assist the United States in dealing with the damage caused by hurricane Katrina, which has taken 68 lives so far and left behind a tremendous amount of devastation, Russian President Vladimir Putin said in a message to U.S. President George Bush Tuesday.

"Russia deeply sympathizes with Americans, who faced a disaster of such a colossal scale, and is ready to offer necessary assistance," Putin said.

Putin asked Bush to extend his condolences to families and relatives of those killed in the disaster.

"Accept my sincere words of regret in connection with the natural calamity in the USA. I know that hurricane Katrina, which swept the southeast coast of the country, resulted in deaths, left tens of thousands of Americans without roofs over their heads, and caused substantial damage to the region's economy," the message said.


Iran offers condolences to relatives of U.S. hurricane victims

Rev. Jackson Meets With Venezuela's Chavez

``We never lose hope that we'll regain a good tone with Mr. Bush's government,'' said Chavez, who offered Venezuelan aid in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.



Just to reiterate.....



posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   


STATEMENT BY THE GOVERNMENT OF CANADA IN THE AFTERMATH OF HURRICANE KATRINA
"On behalf of all Canadians, I wish to extend our heartfelt condolences to those who have lost loved ones as a result of Hurricane Katrina, as well as our sympathies to those who have suffered great losses and personal hardship," said Deputy Prime Minister Anne McLellan. "During this difficult time, we are offering our support to our friends and neighbours."


From the Maldives
The President extends sympathy to the US President

I'm sure there are many more official statements and condolences sent by foreign dignitaries that we aren't hearing of.



posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

Originally posted by FlyersFan
ANSWER - because when it comes to America the world
takes and takes and takes and blames and blames and
blames. THAT is why!!

I guess ignorance is bliss eh?

Nope. It's the truth. The world looooooooooves to take
and give nothing in return. It's just the way it is.



posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Here is the first of the Canadian response. More to come for sure.

www.cfra.com...
Canada Offers Help to USA
The Federal Government is offering help to the victims of the Hurricane Katrina, including medical supplies.

Pray for you all. Fund raising is also going on at my work site.(Which FYI got organized alot quicker than the Tsunami fund raiser) We really do care you know.

[edit on 30-8-2005 by valkeryie]



posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Good on those countries that have/will offer us aid.

I went to college in New Orleans. I have a lot of friends that live there, including one of my best friends/ex girl friend. A lot of people lost litterally EVERYTHING - thier homes, cars, clothes, furniture, and even worse in some cases, thier loved ones.

I have been down there during hurricanes, and it was really bad. I can still remember people off of Saint Charles street with boats in thier front yards so they could get around when it flooded. I can not even imagine looking at Bourbon or Canal street in 8 feet of water.

Anyway, the US probably won't need much aid. But that's not the point here. The point is that if this happened in any other country, the US would be the first to offer help. We have proven that over and over. Shame on those countries who don't offer us help. IMO, if they have any ability to do so and do not, they should be 'black listed' from any future help from the USA.



posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Aid is generally offered to nations that cannot support themselves. The US is fully capable of paying for this ten times over.

And several countries have offered aid including Venezuela.



posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   
OTher contrys giving us money would be as though they were helping us up affter we were only sitting down. This will only push the US further into debt. Who wants free debt?



posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Germany's Fischer Offers Help to U.S. After Hurricane Katrina

UN official says Katrina among worst natural disasters

"The United Nations stands ready to help with any kind of disaster expertise that might be required ... in full recognition that the United States is the country in the world that possesses the greatest civilian and military search and rescue and recovery assets themselves," Egeland told Reuters in an interview.

He said U.S. officials had thanked the U.N. for its offer, but had not requested any assistance so far.


I really hate people who are quick to jump and cry out about other countries not offering aid, if you took the time to read news not shown in the mass media of this country you'll know that countries and private organizations from all around the world are offering aid.



posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Aid is generally offered to nations that cannot support themselves. The US is fully capable of paying for this ten times over.


So the next time a western nation needs help, we shouldn't feel the need to offer help?

Please. Every country has problems, and every country can use help every now and then. Help should not only be extended to those who are somehow percieved to be less fortunate. Help should be extended to those who need help, be it Americans, Africans, Europeans, or whomever.





top topics
 
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join