It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Bang,God,Evoulution...im really confused

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
im not sure if this has to do with creationism or not, but it has to do with just the big bang and evoulution anyways. I mean i never really understood the big bang in the first place? It just dosent make sense to me...i dont understand the creation of time or space either...but this a question for both science and religon to answer...Why is it a bang invented the entire universe and why is it im suppoesed to belive god did too? i mean if god created the universe then who created god? and why is it life started on earth any how? i mean like how did such small bacteria evolve into....well us....and if god did create adam and eve that while ago...then how do u explain the dinosaurs...im just full of questions for both sides to answer cause, quite frankly im on the fence about this topic...any ways its kinda a philosophical or however u spell it but this is just for ideas from both sides to answer

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Have you ever heard of Reasons To Believe: www.reasons.org... ?
This is a website from some Scientists who happen to be Christians. They attempt to use science to prove the Bible. I guess you could call it an Apologetics Website.
For example, since you mentioned the Big Bang.....
"..Doesn't the Big Bang contradict the Bible? Big Bang - The Bible Taught It First .." www.reasons.org...
There is a lot of information at this site if you take the time to look for it. I have noticed though, that sometimes if you click on an article, you have to scan down the page that pops up since several articles sometimes share a page. I hope you can use something here as a starting place to look for your answers, whether you agree with what you read or not.
be forewarned, some do not approve of using the Bible and Science to prove each other.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
thanl you i think ill take a look a this.. at least someone answered this threas

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CMAN
Why is it a bang invented the entire universe and why is it im suppoesed to belive god did too?

Why was there a big bang? THere are no theories as to that yet, certianly none that there is a consensus about in the scientific community over. As far as why should you also beleive in god? There has only ever been one reason for that sort of thing, faith.

i mean like how did such small bacteria evolve into....well us

I don't think that anyone has the entire sequence worked out and certainlythere isn't a single answer for it. Bacteria were subjected to selection pressure, fopr all sorts fo things. They evolved. That which they evolved into was also selected to entirely different selection pressures. There wasn't one sort fo pressure on bacteria to become men.

....and if god did create adam and eve that while ago...then how do u explain the dinosaurs

God did it. Thats the religionist's answer anyways. The contradictory and unexplainable are simply the result of divine fiat.

...im just full of questions for both sides to answer cause, quite frankly im on the fence about this topic

About what topic in particular, you've touched upon a large number of topics thus far.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I mean all of the topics Nygdan. I mean im just not sure...I really just cant belive in a bang...maybe the universe was always there....maybe it was never created maybe it was just always there....ok im a little weirded out. But i actually just thought up something...has any one gone crazy thinking about these things?

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CMAN
I mean i never really understood the big bang in the first place?

This site should help. If you read slowly and carefully, you'll at least get the drift. It takes more than a little reading to comprehend the science of the origin of the Universe. I don't know how old you are, but perhaps a college course would help in your understanding of the Big Bang.

i dont understand the creation of time or space either...

Join the crowd.
Nobody really does for sure.

im just full of questions for both sides to answer cause, quite frankly im on the fence about this topic...

In my opinion, Creation, or the religious side of it requires faith. You have to just hear what the religious teachings are and believe it without proof. Because there is no proof, it's just an idea or thought from the bible. Many religious people take the bible literally and think that the universe was actually created by God in 7 days. Poof. There is absolutely no scientific proof required or provided for creation. It's taken on faith.

More recently, the idea of a 'hybrid' of creation and evolution has gotten a lot of press. This, the religious followers call 'intelligent design'. It supposes that God did have a hand in creating the Universe, but nature and science also played roles. It's a comprimise, if you will of strict creation and strict evolution.

As far as I know, ID is also just an idea or thought as there is no scientific support for the 'creation' side of the idea. Many Christian scientists disagree with me on that, but I have yet to read anything scientific that supports the thought that God designed the Universe. The main objective of intelligent design believers seems to be to refute evolution through science and they fall far short.

Then you have strict evolution, in which God isn't involved. It's all science. It's over 150 years of scientific study, logic, proof, tests and evaluation.

I am fairly agnostic about the subject. I'm not religious, so I don't believe in creation or ID, but I don't feel I know enough about evolution to be fully invested in that, either. But I do think it's by far the most likely of the 3. (There are also thoughts that aliens had something to do with us being here, so... we may eventually have other thoughts on the matter) I just figure if it's ever important for me to know my beginnings, I will.
I'm here now, and that's what's important to me.

Since you're curious, I advise you to read all about the subject and come to your own conclusions, what you feel you know (or suspect) to be true. Or perhaps you'll also decide that you don't need to know. It will take some time to educate yourself, but you have a good start. And good for you for denying ignorance!

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Thanks Benevolent Heretic For this Information You posted learned Somethings....still im on the fence...but im slightly tilted to this BIG BANG theory...but theres still the question of...what was before the BIG BANG...well before the firey heel that created the BIG BANG anyways...

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
But I just wanted to let everyone know the price of tea in China is currently $5.00 a sampler (4 for $17.99).

We now return you to What should I believe about the origins of the Universe, Space and Time? already in progress.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
But I just wanted to let everyone know the price of tea in China is currently $5.00 a sampler (4 for $17.99).

Thanks RANT. I have been wondering about the price and considered asking about it on ATS, but I thought someone might make fun of me, so I didn't ask.

Sometimes a person just doesn't know where to begin and needs a pointer or two to get them started.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
heheheheheheheeh MAN THATS AWSOME RANT!!!!! EHEHEHEHEHEHEHE MAN I LAUGHED HARD HEHEHEHEHEHEEHEHEH!!!!!!!!!!!HELL I STILL AM!!!!!

[edit on 30-8-2005 by CMAN]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
i am hear to oppose the thing that speak confidently that thier is god, till now no proper origin of god being traced out or reason for god existence. Now in dogs world, dog might imagine god as in appearance of dog, same to all animals, and human also have appearance of god in human view, since we are one % extra than animals, we could imagine god in form animals also. when i born in these world my mom shown up an idol as god, started believing it, it continued, no proper reason to belive, programed..dont know whether idol is evil or good. Saw people dong sins following god, saw people doing good, not following god. If i tell my kids while it born to follow my created god, may be after 1000 years, i would have my god and religious. Infact man created god and given name as god, thought himself as intellegent, now leaded to follow so many gods, leaded to religious, caste, superstitions...etc. NO BELEIVE MY WORDS, NO APPLY TO ONE FOLLOWS, APPLY TO ONE WHO IS CONFUSED, I AM CONFUSED, NO SUGGEST GOD TO ME... .. .

top topics

join