It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hemisync/Astral Projection Questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Alright...I Was Bored And Decided To D/L Some Astral Projection-Inducing Music Today, Though I Was Disappointed With The Final Result Of What The Music Actually Was. If There's Someone That's Actually Heard Hemi Snyc, Can You Verify What It Sounds Like? B/C The Tracks I D/L'ed I Don't Think They're HemiSync, Just Titled "Astral Projection".

It Sounds Like Techno Music To Me...At First Just A Couple Of Random 'Techno' Melodies, And Then The Drums, Etc. Picks Up...

I Thought That Astral Projection Inducing Music Would Be Just A Bunch Of Random Sounds And Waves, That Open Up A Part Of Our Brains That We Don't Usually Use...Am I Wrong? Is HemiSync Also Like Techno Music?

Altough I Did Read Earlier On Google That There Is An Israelite Techno Band Named "Astral Projection", That Would Explain This...I Just Need To Know If This Is The Same Type Of Music Used To Induce AP. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Yes there is a techno band called astral projection, i suspect you have that if it has repetitive beats...

I have a few of the hemi-sync series and theyre all a little different, one has lots of panpipes etc, and the other has all sorts of sounds and is a lovely uplifting journey...

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
i have never listened to hemisync music before, but i have found something that has worked very well for inducing different states in the brain. if hemisync doesnt end up working, then try this out. they are called binaural beats. there are several programs out there for different OS, so look around and get whichever suits you best.

binarual beats is audio, yet not music. it is actually quite amazing. you NEED headphones to listen though. PC speakers will not work. i will give a brief explanation. one hertz is one beat per second (in lamens terms). your brain operates anywhere between tenths of a hertz up to roughly 30 hertz (on average, some sources claim up to 60 herts). there are different states that our brain operates at. much slower for deep sleep, quite fast for being up and awake. binaural beats will create a certain pulse in your ears, and your brain will pick up this beat, and start to operate at the same frequency.

human ears can not hear anything below 20 hertz, so with binaural beats it puts, for example, 400 hertz in the left ear, and 410 hertz in the right. your two ears pick up different tones which are mixed in the brain. the resultant tone would be 10 hertz, which would be a fairly relaxed yet awake brain state.

This is the magic of Binarual Beats.

I have had quite good results using binaural beats. I ended up downloading the program SBaGen. This is an EXTREMELY powerful program. you can make it do ANYTHING you want it to do. but the catch is that the learning curve is very steep. it took me 3 days of straight reading, studying, and poking around, trying things out to just begin to pick it up. there are other programs that are much easier to use, so if you are not computer literate then go with an easier one. otherwise you can get SBaGen here.

Try this out if hemisync doesnt work out. Let me know how things go! Good luck!

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Is There Any Way You Could Send Me A Few? I'm Trying To D/L Some But I Can't Find Any...Also, The Sound Card On My Computer Is Broken, So I Can't Listen To Anything Until I Get It Fixed. Feel Free To U2U Me If Needed. Thanks.

fum

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
i got hemi sync all songs yea it sounds like techno but its in the way that the tones are sounding that helps its very cool

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Hemi-sync are binaural beats. In fact If I'm not mistaken, Robert Monroe (the inventor of Hemi-Sync) is one of the first people to use binaural beats, which he incorporated in Hemi-Sync.

Btw... you have to have good quality stereo headphones for it to work properly. Earphones or speakers won't cut it.

[edit on 29-8-2005 by TheBandit795]

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
i had downloaded a free astral projection binaural abyss track from a website(www.astralpulse.com...). surprisingly it did sort of work. it was my first time trying it (probably not the smartest) but even though i didnt astral project I did reach the point where it felt like my whole body was shaking. it was pretty wild

[edit on 043131p://10084 by enrage]

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I have a hemisync CD that is a recording of rainfall. (INsight series from AWAKENEDMINDS.COM)
It is infact extremely relaxing to listen to (via headphones always and with bass booster OFF), the CD has 3 sections that all sound the same but apparently have to be listened to in the right order. I have reached vibration stage a few times but as of yet no AP.
I find the CD very helpful for autosuggestion sessions but to be honest would prefer to listen to some music (new agey or whatever instead of rain
).

[edit on 31-8-2005 by _Deliverance_]

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Btw... you have to have good quality stereo headphones for it to work properly.

If you listen to Inward Harmony by Marci Hamm while lying down in the dark, eventually you'll find your (astral?) body separating & wanting to flow down a tunnel like being swept by the wind. I was using average headphones at the time (a few years ago).

Marci created this soundtrack based on what she experienced during a near-death experience or something similar to that.

I think it'll only work for this purpose if you listen in the dark late at night when things have quieted down so you don't get distracted & just let the repetitive music sink into you.

fum

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Mod Edit: to remove illegal request. Please review the ATS Terms And Conditions Of Use.

[edit on 1-9-2005 by kinglizard]

top topics

join