It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Hypothetical Question to Anti-war People.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
In a stunning turn of events, the U.S has found the WMDs Saddam was hiding, completely put a stop to all terrorist activity in the middle east, captured Bin Laden, turned Iraq into a working democracy, and a survey was done of every single Iraqi citizen showing that 100% of them are happy with what has happened and support it.

Then I would ask the question of why wait 15 years to remove a dictator who used the wmd on his own people 15 years ago?

If bush sr would of finished the job and followed through on his promise to liberate iraqi's what would Bush's reasoning for going into Iraq be then?

Would he still find a way to use Sadam as a dot to connect with 9/11???

Herman, it gives me a warm bubbly fuzzy feeling inside to know that Iraqi's in the 'poll' or questionnaire are happy about their new found freedom, so much that I want to go roast chestnuts on an open fire...

I'm still pissed off that in America nobody is being condemned for faulty intelligence, nobody is giving us the whole story about 9/11...

This 'war' is because of 9/11, so don't you forget that.

Larry Silverstein should be charged in connection with 9/11 as he murdered people by pulling the buildings..

He said in his own words.. "There has been such terrible loss of life, so we decided to pull the building" Not one but 3.

A firefighter even said they were pullinng the building so stand back.

Now so many people have been gagged, we won't know the whole truth ok.

That's an injustice and it's un fair to American's...

We don't have the whole truth, but we are told we do, don't ask questions...ok..

So now War in Iraq, with TERRORISTS are the main subject these days, 9/11 is swept under the rug unless the leaders need to use that in their speeches if they are about to further an agenda, like say, for re election and taking sadam out.

Where is the accountability? And why don't you ask any of these questions herman?

Is it a republican thing?! I know brian (my husband) doesn't.. He just doesn't want to go there..

He wants to stay blind and deaf because he elected bush and now he backs anything he does, no questions asked.

Where is the americana attitude in that?! Why are you making yourself dumb and deaf to the fishier side of things.

Answer that, and don't say you 'aren't' because you obviously are.

Your true answer would be admitting to ignorance, and i know you don't want to do that because you want to be right and have the sense that everything that's been going on is just..

But you can't be right when you don't have all the facts on your side, whether you want to believe that or not..

And that shouldn't be about party politics, a lawer can't condemn a suspect without all the facts..

But he can create bull # and stir up emotions.
And that's what I think this whole war/9/11 thing is all based on.

If it wasn't all questions would be answered from all sides in the political arena, we would have our proof, and people would be held accountable, and bull# wouldn't need to be a key player in this.

[edit on 27-8-2005 by TrueLies]

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Truelies,

We've already debated all of these points you're bringing up to a bloody pulp in other threads. Like I already said, this is not a thread I intended to create for more bickering. If you want to talk with me about these issues, create your own thread or comment in one of the many where these things are already being discussed. I would be happy to answer all of your questions there.

Mods: If you would be so kind, please close this thread. It saddens me that there was but one person out there who was able to simply answer my question without trying to turn it into a full blown debate about the validity of this war or taking cheap shots at Bush. Again, these topics have been and are being discussed in millions of other threads. If all threads are going to turn out the same, then why the Hell don't we just forget the whole "politics@ats" thing and create a section in BTS called "All the same old crap"?

Congrats, BH, you are one of few.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Herman that has everything to do with your question...

I guess your just looking for a particular answer??

That guy is one of the few because he told you what you wanted to hear.

Typical ....

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
Herman that has everything to do with your question...

I guess your just looking for a particular answer??

That guy is one of the few because he told you what you wanted to hear.

Typical ....

Wrong. It's because I wanted to stay on topic. The topic was a hypothetical question, not a real situation. It's a situation I still believe could ensue, since wars do take time and we're not going to uncover everything all at once, but nevertheless. My hypothetical situation was that we did find a connection between Saddam and 9/11, we found bin laden, we removed the terrorist threat in Iraq, and brought a complete and working democracy in Iraq. I wanted to know how everyone would feel in this situation. that's it

We've done good things in Iraq...Lots of good things. Just ask the soldiers who support the war. Why doesn't anyone ever talk about this? And yes, I do have a family member, as well as friends who tell me first hand all of the good things we've accomplished in Iraq. It's not the savage war-torn nation that the media makes it out to look like. Yeah, there are parts of it where a lot of fighting is still going on, but also parts where our mission has worked. Schools being build, women's centers being opened up. Those never get any coverage.

Damn it, now I'm even guilty of going off topic...

[edit on 27-8-2005 by Herman]

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
My hypothetical situation was that we did find a connection between Saddam and 9/11, we found bin laden, we removed the terrorist threat in Iraq, and brought a complete and working democracy in Iraq. I wanted to know how everyone would feel in this situation. that's it

Herman dear I did answer your question... I told you I think in the second paragraph.. I may have went off topic with the questions and the rant but nonetheless, I did answer your question..

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Then I would ask the question of why wait 15 years to remove a dictator who used the wmd on his own people 15 years ago?

If bush sr would of finished the job and followed through on his promise to liberate iraqi's what would Bush's reasoning for going into Iraq be then?

Would he still find a way to use Sadam as a dot to connect with 9/11???

Herman, it gives me a warm bubbly fuzzy feeling inside to know that Iraqi's in the 'poll' or questionnaire are happy about their new found freedom, so much that I want to go roast chestnuts on an open fire...

Which paragraph would that be?? Would it be the sarcastic jab at my fake poll?
. Roasting chestnuts on an open fire?? Or would it be asking why Bush sr. didn't take him out 15 years ago. I'd like to know how you'd feel about how the war turned out. If you still want to go searching for conspiracies, you're welcome to do that as well.

Also, instead of browing this site for answers to why Bush sr. didn't take out Saddam when he could have, (A question I still ask myself) why don't you look in a history book? Or maybe news casts from the time? I'm sure they'll have your answer. My guess is he decided to go with the U.N sanctions instead of killing him. Maybe he didn't have enough evidence to condemn him...

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Before this goes further away from the desired topic, I am closing it.

Thank you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join