It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B-2s Over Chicago

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
A while back I had either started a thread or talked about seeing a B-2 fly over my house north of Chicago. I assumed it was a B-2 because of its shape when I finally saw it. I posted about it the next day, I believe, or maybe the day after.

So I'm sitting here watching Modern Marvels, and a pilot is talking about a mission they flew going to Iraq. He was saying they flew over Chicago and people saw them and got all excited, thinking they were going to Iraq. The pilot's reaction was one of, "Nooooooo!" because their best defense was stealth.

I just want to say, it is really screwed up to have my sighting confirmed by the military on the History Channel!

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Until recently the B-2s had to fly all the way from their home base to the Middle East just to complete their sorties. That's a long time to be in a cockpit and then have to go into combat mode. I bet a lot of people saw them flying overhead on their way to and from the theater. When I was living in Chicago I would occasionally see a B-52. And this was before we even went to Afghanistan.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The B-52s were flying from Barksdale Louissiana to Iraq and returning to Barksdale for awhile. About a 24 hour mission, including the combat portions of it. IIRC 14-16 midair refuelings. The B-2s were going from Whiteman Missouri.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Can anyone find my post or thread from way back when? I think it was in the mid to early summer of last year, but all my searches are coming up blank. I can't even find the more recent reference to the sighting in that skeptics thread, though here's the link to that post talking about it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

By the way, anyone who's interested, it seems the History Channel finished a lot of stuff on the B-2 and is airing it all tonight, as we speak

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
junglejake

I just re-read what you posted on the "skeptics" thread.

here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I remembered reading it the first time and appreciated what you had to say.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Modern Marvels is on right now on History Channel West at 11 PM CST right now. The guy starts talking about the Chicago sighting at about 48 minutes after the hour. Enjoy!

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
dude that was an air show last week... you know, the one that had to be cancelled for it's last day because some part of a jet's wing came off, even though the paper prints pictures that look more like a rod or ufo flying by...

so if u saw a b2, or heard it last week, that's cuz we had an air show..... they even passed by my house, cuz they were practicing on last friday

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I've seen B-2's/F-117 and F/A-22's over Chicago a few times.

B-2's and F-117's have visitied the Chicago Air and Water Show several times. The F/A-22 also made an appearance there last weekend. Excluding airshows, I saw a B-2 once, about two years ago.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
We see B-2's all the time here, right next to Whiteman AFB. I'm in Warrensburg, Missouri, and a B-2 flew over our first football game of the season just two days ago. I guess I'm just used to seeing them by now.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I went to an airshow in sothern Wisconsin the year the B-2 was revealed. The guy on the PA said during a lull in the flights that we were going to get to see a stealth bomber, but we had to keep our eyes peeled. He explained that the B-2 put out sound waves where the waves were perfectly offset from its engine sound, so no noise was made. It also had a special paint that would take the image opposite of it and project it downward, essensially making it invisible. The true irony was, as all this was leading to culmination, he said their radar had detected the bombers, and they were just about to be visible. Then he pointed out where it was, that it just streaked by at low altitude, and asked people to cheer who had seen it.

The best part was how many people cheered

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I saw a b-2 one time a few years back, I was in little league and it flew over our game and like everyone stopped playing and all the parents and everyone just watched it fly over and it was so silent, it was insane, truly one of the most awesome things i ever saw.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
We had a radio DJ do something similar here. He announced that a B-2 was flying along Waikiki, and you should have heard all the phone calls coming into the radio station asking where it was.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
It's wierd, I was in awe as I watched it fly overhead, too. More than likely I was shocked and awed (
) because, first, it has such an unusual shape, but also because I have an idea of what its capable of. I don't (often), after all, sit and stare in awe of a jet liner, but I'll watch a personal prop fly overhead. It's unusual, not the norm (I live right next to the busiest airport in the world, so jet liners are very much the norm), so we stare. Like mj13 alluded to, they're not all that impressive if you see them all the time flying over. If you don't, though, wow!

Oh, and boombye, I didn't see it last week. It was in 2004 sometime in the summer. I had the sighting confirmed by the military last week
I was aware of the air show

top topics

join