It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horrifying US Secret weapon...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 10:39 AM
link   
...Unleashed In Baghdad

A nightmarish US super weapon reportedly was employed by American ground forces during chaotic street fighting in Baghdad. The secret tank-mounted weapon was witnessed in all its frightening power by Majid al-Ghazali, a seasoned Iraqi infantryman who described the device and its gruesome effects as unlike anything he had ever encountered in his lengthy military service. The disturbing revelation is yet another piece of cinematic evidence brought back from postwar Iraq by intrepid filmmaker Patrick Dillon.

www.rense.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Reminds me of Red Alert 2 and the Prism Tank in it

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
You know what? that does seem like a prism tank from Red Alert 2!

sounds incredibly dangerous and doesnt seem as though it is meant to precisely pick out targets

you know what that means? 'collaterol damage'

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   
nans, this was posted about 2 weeks ago as a news article...

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I have a feeling what was being described was something like this:

This picture is from a commercially available source of 12 gauge specialty ammunition. This is called a Dragons Breath round, and is a 12 gauge shotshell filled with aluminum and magnesium filings that combust at extremely high temperatures.

In this shotgun borne guise, it is relatively harmless, as it doesn't contain sufficient material to start serious fires, ect. It is used mainly in crowd control situations, especially at night, because due to the low volume of combustibles, it produces a very bright light more than anything else.

However, in the militarized version, it has far more volume of combustible material, and is a very formidable incendiary weapon.

When fired, the Dragon's Breath compounds react together and burning metals are thrusted down range 90 to 110 yards. The blast is tremendous. At night, you'll experience a temporary white-out effect!
During the Vietnam era, the military had developed a similar round for psychological warfare. However, the round burned all organic matter in its' path and was removed from use as being too inhumane for combat use.

www.azweapons.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   

If something like that was coming at me i would crap my pants..

Good find DragonRider

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 11:18 AM
link   
hahah, imagine fireing thermite rounds from a tank or something no wonder that guy craped himself...

i think i would certainly crap myself

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Hell, I'd read the paper!

P...
m...

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Nice find Dragon Rider...That seems like a very solid explanation.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Sounds like a plasma weapon from the game Naval Ops, Warship Gunner.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   
That weapons pretty freaky...

I think that it is some kind of plasma ray. Because plasma would certainly be able to fry things.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   
ahhhhh Red Alert 2, fecking great game. Loved those Prism tanks. Get yourself a nice platoon of those babies. Sweet

oh the weapon, there is an interview with a journo that has talked to witnesses to this in action.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Do you guys think this is real?

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   
nope

Its Rense,
hense
I'd want to see some corroborating articles to support it.

Rense is rubbish, and seemingly not above writing their own articles ...

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
nope

Its Rense,
hense
I'd want to see some corroborating articles to support it.

Rense is rubbish, and seemingly not above writing their own articles ...

Amen Netchicken, anything written by rense, to me, is complete rubbish. I can't understand why people would believe this or any other tall-tale they put out. Are there pictures? No other eyewitness accounts? A story from Rense is just as believable as a book written by a cat who claims to be from another planet.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   

If something like that was coming at me i would crap my pants..

hence, it's purpose...

DR is right on with the dragonfire rounds...

They've been outlawed here in Florida as "copkiller" rounds a few years back, because even though the vest may stop the buckshot, it does nothing against the incendiary....and the test firings they showed on the news were pretty gruesome....

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Yeh I can agree with that. All the things I have read on rense.com have been these increadable stories with abosoloutely no evidence to back it up. Great works of fiction though

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Hmmm... I was listening on some pretty competent guys talking about Tesla technology, although they were concerned with power generation and communication devices.
Tesla "death rays" are basically ultra-high voltage arcs that cook anything - exactly like your Red Alert 2 weapon. It might tap the "earth potential" which would possibly power the thing - it would produce DC current, which is what a Tesla weapon would use. Such a weapon would be hard to aim - it would just go all over the damn place if you weren't careful. Sounds like the indiscriminate sort of weapon described in the article.
Tesla was a nutcase and brilliant to boot. It wouldn't surprise me if the US Army had developed and were testing a tank-mounted version. We already have airborne lasers.
He also invented the AC electric motor.

However, can you believe Rense? That's a very good question.

DARPA is currently developing powered exoskeletons for the US Army - basically what you see in Anime or may have read in Sci-Fi. As we speak, they should be testing a prototype exeskeleton now, using pistons, springs and shape memory alloys to provide the power. The Russian Air Force, I believe, has also developed a pneumatically powered lower leg unit to allow a person to run at 30kph.

Remember, this IS the 21st century!

[Edited on 11-9-2003 by Lampyridae]

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Sounds like it could be some kind of electrical discharge.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Prism tanks are inferior to the mammoths(renamed apocalypse in RA2). Almost nothing can stop a large attacking force of apocalypse tanks.... Soviet Power Supreme

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join