It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon report to portray China as emerging rival

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man As well as their economy is doing, it is still about 10 TRILLION dollars smaller, and with many more people to pay for.

actually their only 3 trillion $ smaller compaired to the next smallest (japan) which is about 8 trillion smaller

also the fact it has more people paying for it if anything thats good because they have more people to join the army if needed

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
also china has the second largest reserves in forign exchange ad gold

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
`` yeah, why not

that is what was orchestrated to happen.

enough time has passed, that a distance is made in the american mind
as to the 'planned' technology give-aways to China, during the Clinton
administration.

do ya'll remember that Loral Space & Communications had to give the
(dire enemy, communist China) enough information and sensitive data
to be able to launch a satellite into orbit in the first place??

China, up till then had a series of miserable failures at launching satellites and successfully inserting them into orbit!! China needed 'help' in climbing the ladder to become a 'potential rival' to the USA....and our secret-government decided it was necessary to grow & cultivate a future rival...
which the economic juggernaut USA could manage with contracts, agreements etc.

Do you also recall, as China was getting all that sensitive launch specs from Loral-Space & Communications (during the 1990s) they were also getting classified nuclear weapons secrets from the Whitesands Secret
nuclear weapons facility...& all those 'missing' lap-tops & TopSecret Files.......

sheeze, the plans were set in motion in the '90s...the ascension of China was orchestrated...but i'm sure it wasn't by the PNAC & neocon crowd

there's another think-tank body of thought, which the democrat nwo'ers
lean toward...i heard the name yesterday...
but i have short term memory loss
maybe one of youse are privy & aware of it

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
China and the US are great bedfellows despite whatever rhetoric emerges from the politicians of either country.

Economically, both countries are profiting greatly from a very strong trade relationship. They have far more to lose than gain by going to war.....

But, as history has shown time and time again, the two biggest kids on the block usually have it out at some point. I just hope that is not the case here.

And with India slowly becoming a powerhouse as well, things should get very interesting over the next 20-40 years....

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Give it 50years and you'll see an odd World compaired to right now.

At the present moment, we only have the U.S. who are by far a leading power. By 2055 if there has been no large scale war, there is a change of the U.S, Russia, Brazil, India, China and the European Union all pushing to be the 'Top Dog'...

It'll turn into a very interesting world...

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   
The US should begin technology transfer, military exercises, and generally begin improving their relationships with certain countries. In particular, India and Brazil.

India provides a good counterweight to China and may eventually become a richer/more successful country if they manage to update their infrasturcture and technological base. India also can help defend Australia and Japan or the other way around if the need should arise.

Brazil would be a good ally as it borders several unstable South American states that we receive oil from.

Might post more thoughts on this later.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man10 TRILLION dollars smaller,.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatcat2
The US should begin technology transfer, military exercises, and generally begin improving their relationships with certain countries. In particular, India and Brazil.

I doubt India will run the risk of causing more local problems with China, like it or not they won't put all their eggs in one basket. [American will help them in a war.]

As for Brazil, the United States has already done enough halm in South America that China will be a much larger power by the time those wounds will heal. Also, Brazil and the rest of South America are not always the best of friends. [Just think about the different languages and cultures.]

[Edit: Typo]

[edit on 23/10/2005 by Odium]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I wasn't suggesting that the US use Brazil as a South American country to influence other SA countries but instead to use it as a strategic position and friend in an area which is potentially strategically threatening to the US, where we don't have many friends.

I presume you meant harm when you said half.

I see what you mean about India not wanting to put its eggs all in one basket but if the US covertly shuffled tech their way they could have a nice regional detterent to China.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I wasn't suggesting that the US use Brazil as a South American country to influence other SA countries but instead to use it as a strategic position and friend in an area which is potentially strategically threatening to the US, where we don't have many friends.

But it could make it even worse, especially if Brazil got "benefits" the other Nation's didn't.

I presume you meant harm when you said half.

Persky typo.

I see what you mean about India not wanting to put its eggs all in one basket but if the US covertly shuffled tech their way they could have a nice regional detterent to China.

India and China [due to the large population] will catch up within the next 25years to 50years, to what America will have. So India won't need to get into bed with them and will be able to have a nice, strong Nation which can stand up for itself. Probably over taking the United States.

The only good thing to come from selling weapons to India, will be at the expense of the United States of America and its people...just like it always has been. However the "Top Cats" love gaining even more money from the arms trade.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Just as an aside, does anyone remember the PNAC advocation of using genotype specific bioweapons. Maybe they will be released in China (asians have different skin pigments to everyone else, therefore they have a genotype different to everyone else). I would post more but i just accidently deleted my post i had just written.

BTW, giving technology to the Indians would give them a big headstart and this would definitely be a good thing for the Indians. Note I didn't say arms sales (although I did partly mean that) I said technological transfer which could have a civil benefit for India as well.

And as for the benefits part, this would tell those other pesky SA countries that were uppity that there are benefits to being a friend of the US.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Looks ike the pentagon is going to reverse its opinion...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join