It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Has More Top Secrets, U.S. or Russia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Who has more above top secrets, top secrets, secrets, and/or confidentials, the U.S. or Russia. Total secret rating = sum of secrets x average depth of importance or is this contradictory? How do we improve on secretive systems? The obvious question is should we become more or less secretive based on all possible conditional scenarios. Please comment.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I would guess offhand without any actual data, that Russia has WAY more categorized intelligence items, simply due to the highly centralized form of government that they had during the Communist era.

Although we certainly have substantial amounts of projects and fact-finding within our black budget, the KGB was way more influential to the ruling elite in the Communist Party than the CIA is to the current administation.

Of course, it would be next to impossible to actually investigate this since all of these items don't really exist ...

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Sure I could tell you the answer; but guess what "It's a secret"

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'd bet that Russia has more whacky secrets either way, from the Old Soviet days. I seem to recall that they had largish programmes of research into developing psychic abilities and psychic warfare, even making devices that were supposed to concentrate and then project the 'energy' as a weapon. True enough tho, the US did a lot of remote viewing research. And created '___', supposedly to use against the soviets for that matter!

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
True enough tho, the US did a lot of remote viewing research. And created '___', supposedly to use against the soviets for that matter!

'___' Was created by a Swiss firm; Sandoz, as a treatment for mental illness.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I don't know much of anything about Russia besides the fact that they have secrets, but guess what? The U.S. has games made on supposedly "top-secret" government facilities with good "government coverups," so really, who's more secretive,Russia, or the country who prides itself on having Roswell and Area 51?

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The xenophobes fo sho...because they've stolen all of ours.

Though I guess it wouldn't be a top secret if it has been stolen through espionage.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
'___' Was created by a Swiss firm; Sandoz, as a treatment for mental illness.

I thought that the CIA made it? Maybe they just took up the research of the swiss then. Thanks for the info.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by superprivy
Who has more above top secrets, top secrets, secrets, and/or confidentials, the U.S. or Russia. Total secret rating = sum of secrets x average depth of importance or is this contradictory? How do we improve on secretive systems? The obvious question is should we become more or less secretive based on all possible conditional scenarios. Please comment.

Actually both of the countries has numerous secrets..may it be big or small secrets. And not all (assuming if we knew some of them) might seem as top secrets to us because some could regarding some stuff we dont even know or care about. Therefore i think one of the other questions to be regarded in this is .. "Whose secrets 'are'/'could be' more deadly?" or value more.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Id guess russia. I mean when the soviet union was up the majority of the world dispised them, HATED THEM. So i guess they would have to develop weapons and secrets. I guess a good way to look at it is they were like a schol yard bully. They felt threatned by the world,so they started puping iron. I guess thats the good way of looking at it. But modern day Russia i doubt has more secrets then the U.S cause well, there country after all is ripping its self apart they have more importent things to worry about then U.F.O's and Physic Powers. But anyways thats just my opinion. But as i had said not modern day Russia, the old evil hurt and invade small countrys Russia.

[edit on 27-8-2005 by CMAN]

top topics

join