It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Cloning .. For or Against?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
That is not the only rout towards extreme longevity. Age Regression has been shown to be possible...At least in rodents lol. Hopefully whatever is learned with the Methusela Mouse Prize can be scaled up to Humans.:crossed fingers: I don't think growing an entire Human Body minus the Brain will silence objections, since the soul is considered a Metaphysical thing that supposedly acts through the brain or whatnot. Not saying I believe in that myself but I'm just trying to Imagine the various irrational and ration objections lol.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DR_WHO
."How do you know if whether or not YOU haven't already been cloned?"

That's a fair enough question.

Think about this now, and I am sure that all of us over the course of our lives have been in situations that have required medical attention in one form or another, and since -- from my understanding -- it only requires a single cell to clone someone or something -- what do the hospitals, clinics and other miscellaneous medical facilities -- not to mention the numerous blood and plasma banks -- do with YOUR blood when they are done testing it for this thing or that thing or whatever?

Has anyone PHYSICALLY been present to watch what happens to the numerous blood "samples" that are taken every day of every year when the testing is finished?

Well this reminds of me of Arnold Schwarzenegger's 'The 6th Day'.Is that were you got the initial idea?

hmm yeah this question has passed through me also.. but in the form as to as if it can be done in the above following ways you have mentioned.
But as to "How do you know if whether or not YOU haven't already been cloned?" i would have to say no clue.. .how does one know?

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
If One Clone and another clone mate. Does it make an Organic Human or a clone? Negative + Negative = Positive so Clone + Clone = Organic?

And do you think If 2 parents who wanted a child , but couldn't have one and wanted it to look like them and have there DNA had a child cloned the child would be discrimnated almost as if he was a diffrent race?

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
cloning a human, i dont really know my morally themed thougths on that, so ill stick to logic and practicality.

1. as already stated (and probably answered), isnt the world over populated already? why would you want to worsen the situation?

2. can you please list the positive and practical aspects of cloning an entire human?

3. exemplifying the only practical use of cloning a human i can think of, bringing back a lost loved one, what about the widely accepted notion that personality, persona, etc, etc, etc are all influenced by enviornment, experience, etc?

further more, the whole argument of bringing back a loved one is moot, not only becasue the person will have to first grow up (thereby defeatign the whole purpose of being with them again), but becasue as theyre growing up ("again"), they will experience different things, not have their parents anymore, among countless other things.

whats to say they will even think of you in the same way as before?

even if you could somehow invent a way to shorten the growing up process to a few hours, whats to say that "person" wont just die at the ripe old age of 86 at the end of the day? then theres still the problem of enviornment and experiences.

4. whats to say we wont develop a "brave new world" dystopian culture of alphas, betas, and gammas? its far fetched, but very VERY plausible if youve got the right people in power to force or promote it.

5. ever see or read the above book, "gattica" (not really cloning, though the technology in that movie could be used to clone), "the island", "the 6th day"? all works of pure fiction, but all works of (hypothetical) foreshadowing.

6. you dont have to be a devout religous person to see organ harvesting is wrong. its practically murder. i hope you dont support this.

if anything, i could see the practical uses of organ manufacturing. it (the organ in question) not a part of an existing human that you have to dismember to harvest, it isnt another mouth to feed, it completely avoids the issue of mental & personal development, and it is much more practical and readily availible than the organs on the hundreds-of-people long, prioritized hospital transplant wait lists.

so,

is cloning humans wrong? yes ("brave new world", organ harvesting)
illogical and impractical? yes.
what about organ manufacturing? no.

[edit on 31-8-2005 by purelogik]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
'Inspiring youth' & 'Purelogik' ..i think you guys have put in some valuable points about cloning.

i think you'll find most of the answers to your questions here...
www.humancloning.org...

Yes we do have population problems in the world and dont need overcrowding.. but like i said before.. nobody would be considering mass cloning at a single shot. The point is to let science and technology grow to be able to achieve this so as it can be used for good and helping human-kind. (you'll see the key reasons in the above link)
im FOR it as i see how its uses and advantages can really help humans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

i wonder
if they ban cloning.. maybe science will use robotic technology to manufactor human parts ?

then would you prefer human clones or half-human half-robots ?

That time maybe we could have thread on 'Whose more deadly human clones or half-human half-robots'! (if we are alive during that time)

But seriously... i think that the main reason for its disapproval are because of the fears that people hold in mind concerning this (so fears being purely imaginary .. and some a possibility) but i believe most of them are a kind of fear which can be cleared (if they really looked into this matter keeping a free mind)..then maybe cloning would be paved for a growth with approval!

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Cloning should be left as an option. If you're moraly against it there's no reason for you to get cloned but you should not be a hurdle and impose your moral beliefs on someone who is willing to get cloned.
Not only will it benefit couples who cannot concieve, it may benefit people who have a lethal or incurable disease that would get passed on to their offspring. They can easily avoid it by separating the unwanted virus/trait etc. Even if the parent's life is insecure they can die in peace knowing that their "child" will survive.

As far as overpopulation, I fail to see the connection between cloning and
population increase. This is not about mass production like a toy factory.

3. exemplifying the only practical use of cloning a human i can think of, bringing back a lost loved one, what about the widely accepted notion that personality, persona, etc, etc, etc are all influenced by enviornment, experience, etc?

It would be unwise and completely impractical to bring back a loved one through cloning. You would only have a physical representation of your loved one...not their memories or behavior or beliefs as you knew them.

5. ever see or read the above book, "gattica" (not really cloning, though the technology in that movie could be used to clone), "the island", "the 6th day"? all works of pure fiction, but all works of (hypothetical) foreshadowing.

Science fiction catered to the popular public fear of cloning.

If One Clone and another clone mate. Does it make an Organic Human or a clone? Negative + Negative = Positive so Clone + Clone = Organic?

We're talking about human clones not robots so fear not! A clone is just as organic as a parent.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   

We're talking about human clones not robots so fear not! A clone is just as organic as a parent.

Umm I don't think that a clone is organic at all. I do belive Human cloning for organ harvesting is a wonderful idea. A clone is made from a buch of elements not from sex. I think anything made iregularly is non-organic not natural is what im trying to say. From a religious stand point cloning is wrong playing god is wrong. From a sceintific stand point if we don't do it were wrong. And from an Aethius stand point If it keeps me alive great do it. But the Majority of all americans are religious in christianity and I don't plan on this happening. And I can already see alot of Hypocritcal risings, imagine someone wanting a clone of a celebrity so they could sleep with it. Maybe I would think thats wrong using someone for purely sex but then id say stem cell is right. I only agree with Human cloning for stimcell . For any other purpose I think its wrong.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
again, why harvest organs when you can manufacture them? whats the point in "creating" an entire "human" only to chop it up and use it for parts? why not just make the parts themselves?

Originally posted by I_s_i_s

It would be unwise and completely impractical to bring back a loved one through cloning. You would only have a physical representation of your loved one...not their memories or behavior or beliefs as you knew them.
thats exactly what i said?

[edit on 2-9-2005 by purelogik]

[edit on 2-9-2005 by purelogik]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by inspiringyouth

Cloning for the plain purpose of creating a Copy is simply ridiculous. For, its simply not the genetics which are responsible in developing the complete personality but also the social and cultural milieu in which individuals functions. For expert ideas and essays on this topic check

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
let me think........

against!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by inspiringyouth
Yea but if we had a milion clones to fight war for us war would be a game. I thinking cloning livestock is ok, I thnink cloning humans will bring the world to its knees. If cloning became something average I could do what the kid in the disney movie does. Clone me.. plain in simple its a dumb idea except maybe for organs and stuff i think that makes sense... Clone me for donations.. I dont think theres anything wrong with that clones wouldnt be humans... So livestck cloning-
human cloning for donors-
Human cloning for fun-

imagine cloneing all the criminals and dumb politicians and hitlers and all the other low life.

the kkk and Aryan brotherhood and world wide white pride want to clone hitler as a god leadership figurehead who will unite white races and his minions so that white supremacy will be established and a pure white world will be created without blacks.

america has nukes.
they will use the nukes to wipe out blacks

we are saddled with many sick people who will be cloned.

imagine an army of george bushes in every leadership position.

or dubya.

or rumsfield.

imagine hitler outside your door.

imagine hitler in your bedroom.

imagine your kids marrying hitler.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Cloning can have uses, we could clone the most brilliant people from the world to help science advance further.

Another idea is this: Suppose that I want there were more intelligent people in my city, or more white people. One solution would be to genetically modify the embryos with the characteristics I want, to make designer babies. But another solution, which may be accomplished with current technology, is to make several clones with the desired characteristics (for example, several clones of Stephen Hawkins), both males and females, and after they grow breed them with the population. Although there is no one who would implement such a measure, it is a potential use of cloning.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
All about Doubles, Clones & Aliens.

Article:
battleforworld.tripod.com...

Photos:
battleforworld.tripod.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
cloning is done by physical intruments, and can only clone the body, not the spirit. so they would have no spirit, and thus be open to demonic possession.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Now in 2012 ..i still stand by cloning. But i am disappointed that there is no major breakthroughs...well even if it is hidden from the public eye.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Quest

I am for it. I don't buy into the "we have too many" argument. We just don't know what to do with them. If we were to try to colonize planets for mining. Underground Mars, Titan, io. If we were simply using them all to build we would be happy as long as they made their own food.

Also if you can't have kids a clone would be a good alternative for them.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

True I agree..! Kids.. yet another important use. Brilliant idea that's one I did not think of.
Problem I see is... Is mankind ready for these advancements?
There is so much hindrances that we will forever set these back -
Religion vs Science
Beliefs vs Science
and even Govt vs Science as they (govt) their own agenda and purpose they rather focus on.

Until then I suppose we will have to see these wonders in Movies!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join