It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are we vulnerable while oobe'ing? (+ more questions)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by imas
Could you tell us more about self protection? Like shielding your body while you are gone. How is this done?

it's simply putting up a psychic shield. there are numerous places to get information on how to set one of those up.

and yes the downsides don't outweight the positive and beautifull things you can see and experience. but it's just like walking on the streets. you'll meet people with knives and guns that want to hurt more often then that you encounter an entity that actually tries to hurt you when going astral.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius
it's simply putting up a psychic shield. there are numerous places to get information on how to set one of those up.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   
imas-

There are a number of suggested methods for protecting yourself whilst on the astral plane. These range from "state-of-mind" techniques, such as entering the astral plane with a positive, loving outlook, to more detailed techniques such as creating shields of energy or envisioning white light about your body.

Usually, I don't use any of these techniques, since I personally feel there is nothing to worry about. However, I have used visualisation techniques, such as envisioning a protective field of energy around my body. This technique of envisioning a calm, safe sphere of what is typically white, purple or blue light around your body appears to be the most commonly used technique for ensuring your safety. Many people who experience OBEs for the first time are apprehensive, nervous or scared so these techniques, if they do nothing else, serve to calm your state of mind and allay your personal fears.

The following are a list of sites that offer various techniques for protecting yourself whilst astral travelling. Take what you read with a healthy dose of skepticism, but don't be afraid to try out a myriad of techniques until you find something you feel comfortable with. Let me know if I can help you further or answer any more of your questions.

Protection On the Astral Planes

Soul Travel Training

Astral Projection

[edit on 22/8/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
you have both been very helpful, thank you

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   
i believe we are as vulnerable as we choose to be, to the experience anyways. yet, i don't believe that anything can actually do more harm than put fear into you. that's the only weapon they have. for an interestingly similar thread, check out my account hear adn let me know what you think:

oobe, lucid dreaming, sleep paralysis, demonic attack. a disturbing experience.

[edit on 22-8-2005 by deaf fences hit]

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Oobe'ing and APing has taken my interest lately. I've tried a few times in the last few days - Haven't achieved anything yet, though the last two times I did feel like I was being pulled out of my body... I didn't even feel my heart beating. But when I realized I didn't feel it anymore, it felt like I was yanked back into my body. I don't think I've fully 'left' my body yet because when it feels like I'm leaving it, my vision is still black as if I'm still viewing through my shut eyes. I've wondered too about if I'd need to protect myself if I can ever get myself to project. Thanks for the pointers on what to do.

I honestly can't wait to be able to experience it. Traveling through deep space has been a dream of mine since I was just a kid, especially to see the Eagle Nebula. If APing can allow me to do this, then I hope at somepoint I'll finally do it.

[EDIT] Scratch the Eagle Nebula part, seeing the distance from Earth to it, how it looked in the Hubble photos is probably not what it looks like not or it may not even be there anymore.

[edit on 8/25/2005 by BlueApocalypse]

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
wow, this thread is amazing. extremely informative. i have been checking out APing and OOBEs for two or three years now. i have tried on occasion with no sucess, but i dont let it bother me. i can remember when i first started learning about it a few years back, nobody knew what it was, the subject was almost secretive. but reading this thread, it seems as if the doors to this subject have opened up so much more. in a matter of two or three years. its incredible, i may try again tonight using the new information in this, and several other recent threads. i think its awesome that so many more people seem so open to this idea. its almost as if there is a new chapter coming. (chapter... i cant think of a better word...).
again, awesome posts everyone. and thanks for all the useful information!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Have you seen the aliens and what do they look like.Back to the question i dont relly know however there are planty of different belifes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join