It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: World Watches as China-Russia War Games Under Way

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Let's do some math on this subject..........

China has commited over 700 Billion in investments with Iran to help develop their countries infrastructure for trade for oil...........so would an attack by the US and/or Isreal on Iran been seen by China as a threat to their interests and investment in the region?

Then its reported that Cheny has fashioned a strategy in place that the next 9/11 type attack on the US will see retrobution by attacking Iran with air and missle tactics (since we are out of troops) and the use of tactical nuclear weapons (oxymoron if I ever saw one) if necessary to penatrate Iran's underground nuclear sites....(what a nut case this old bag of flesh is)

and now Just this week.........Russia said that if the US attacks Iran that the consequences would be "grave and unpredectiable".............

Then it is reported that all armed forces in the US will be prevented from going on leave after Sept 7th? (What is the US anticipating by needed everyone active on duty at that time?)

and now both China and Russia of them are working on war games together??

Now you do the math......

Are we looking at a dangerous few months ahead?

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
According to People's Daily, the war games are done for the following reasons.

The ministry said that the mission of the drills mainly aim to deepen Sino-Russian mutual trust, promote mutual friendship and enhance the cooperation and coordination of the two armed forces in the areas of defense and security.

The joint exercises will also help strengthen the capability of the two armed forces in jointly striking international terrorism, extremism and separatism.

Exerpted from.
english.people.com.cn...

Notice the part that says "help strengthen the capability of the two armed forces in jointly striking......separatism.

I think we know what China means by striking at...separatism.... Taiwan.... i have to wonder if the involvement of Russia in these war games has anything to do with Putin's own words of "being nostalgic" that the old soviet Union ceased to exist as it once was.....

In his state-of-the-nation address on 25 April, Russian President Vladimir Putin surprised the West by calling the Soviet Union's collapse the "biggest geopolitical catastrophe of the century."

Excerpted from.
www.cdi.org...

usatoday.printthis.clickability.com...

Here is an excerpt from another story which Jamuh, a member of this board posted in Sept. 2004.

Putin responded to the school tragedy by saying that the nation was "weak ? and the weak get beaten," and by taking steps "to ensure the unity of state power." On Sept. 13, he announced a plan to eliminate the general election of regional governors and of independent seats in parliament, essentially removing the last real checks on his personal dominion over the largest nation on Earth.

As a result of these measures and others put into place over the last four years, the Kremlin now controls an absolute majority in parliament, all major television stations, the Russian gas giant Gazprom (which reportedly is positioning itself to acquire the private oil company Yukos), the country's corrupt judicial system and a massive state security apparatus.

"Putin is now past the point where his regime can be removed peacefully by democratic means. There is no way for democratic transition," said Vladimir Kara-Murza of the pro-democracy Committee 2008 organization. "There's no independent media, there's no parliament to speak of, there are no real parliamentary elections and now with the decision about the regional governors, there are no elections at all."

Excerpted from.
www.atsnn.com...

and some more of Putin's comments.

He spoke almost nostalgically for the old days of tight Soviet border policing.

"Our country, which used to have the strongest defence system of its external borders, instantly became unprotected from either the West or the East," he lamented.

If there was any admission of failure, it was that he had not been tough enough.

Excerpted from.
news.bbc.co.uk...

Don't worry folks, Communism is dead and buried right?....

Anyways, i don't think this means they are going to attack us, at least not right away, but it sure shows they are strengthening their ties.

[edit on 18-8-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Peace Mission 2005...Means China & Russia are sick of US starting wars and they are gonna do something about it, to make world peace!

Or not...

Mic

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by futuretense

Then its reported that Cheny has fashioned a strategy in place that the next 9/11 type attack on the US will see retrobution by attacking Iran with air and missle tactics (since we are out of troops) and the use of tactical nuclear weapons (oxymoron if I ever saw one) if necessary to penatrate Iran's underground nuclear sites....(what a nut case this old bag of flesh is)

Do you have a link to this report? Last time I heard he was the vice president not the president. He does not make any war plans or decisions for future operations, that is laughable.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
According to People's Daily, the war games are done for the following reasons.

The ministry said that the mission of the drills mainly aim to deepen Sino-Russian mutual trust, promote mutual friendship and enhance the cooperation and coordination of the two armed forces in the areas of defense and security.

The joint exercises will also help strengthen the capability of the two armed forces in jointly striking international terrorism, extremism and separatism.

Exerpted from.
english.people.com.cn...

Notice the part that says "help strengthen the capability of the two armed forces in jointly striking......separatism.

I think we know what China means by striking at...separatism.... Taiwan.... i have to wonder if the involvement of Russia in these war games has anything to do with Putin's own words of "being nostalgic" that the old soviet Union ceased to exist as it once was.....

Interesting that you would focus on only one aspect of the three that further your political aim. The 2 others would seem in line with America's policy imo.

Agenda? Hmm.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Do you have a link to this report? Last time I heard he was the vice president not the president. He does not make any war plans or decisions for future operations, that is laughable.

Bush=Puppet leader

Ever notice how Iran is smack dab in the middle of Iraq & Afghanistan? Use both as a spring board and force Iran to fight a war on two fronts, thus negating any funding put in by China. China doesn't take kindly to this so they and Russia (to keep AK sales up) step in to "protect the soveringty of a nation" or some other cop out. These war games are the first signs of the conflict to come...

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
The Independent is reporting that masses of Chinese workers have astarted moving into Russia's far east 'en masse'. This is worrying the Russians and rightly so. Anyone think the Russians might be heading for puppets themselves in this relationship?

news.independent.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Interesting that you would focus on only one aspect of the three that further your political aim. The 2 others would seem in line with America's policy imo.

Agenda? Hmm.

Agenda?...not really. Did i not include in the article everything they claim was the reason for them doing these military joint exercises? Now, tell me exactly what has China been doing latetly against terrorism? Proof please. Pretty much what the Chinese have focused on has been Taiwan.

They have made laws against Taiwan officially claiming independence, they have done other military exercises, with France and by themselves, all aimed at Taiwan, and now this....and what is one of the reasons they give? Separatism.

Now let's look at Russia, what form of terrorism have the Russians been fighting against? The Chechens who want to have their own country and be independent.

Is my conclusion an agenda or common sense? I think it is common sense, but you can call it whatever you want.

ExD

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Taiwan in other hand also have had military exercise in the same region with the simple scenario - China attacking Taiwan, so what.

Now let's look at Russia, what form of terrorism have the Russians been fighting against? The Chechens who want to have their own country and be independent.

Oh, yeah, really, what form of terrorism - Beslan, Theatre in Moscow, aeroplane's bombings, bombings in metro, train bombings, all this made by terrorists, whom you trying to defend by false reasons such "The Chechens who want to have their own country and be independent." After first chechen campaign, they have got their own "country", but what we've seen - sharia laws, people's missings, kidneppings, wow, what a great country, those who formed so called government tortued their own people, and THEY started the second chechen campaign by invasion in Russia's southern republic Dagestan. So, don't even pretend to call those "people" as "The Chechens who want to have their own country and be independent", the normal Chechens wants peace, normal future for themselves and their children, Russia invests in this region much money to rebuild it and recreate infrastructure and industry, we've made mistake in the past allowing those beasts(whom you trying to defend) to form so called "country", that mistake will be not reproduced and when you trying to made statement that Russia doesn't fight terrorism or it's the "good" terrorism..., well you are lucky that you doesn't say this to russians in personal, because we are not tolerate to those people who defends terrorists, moreover who defends terrorists that killed our children.

As for militarty training, US is not desired guest in asian and middle eastern region, and in the next years more pressure will be made on US to withdraw from this region. That's just my prediction.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExD
Taiwan in other hand also have had military exercise in the same region with the simple scenario - China attacking Taiwan, so what.

The difference is that Taiwan has not threatened, or made preparations to attack China. Taiwan is preparing to defend itself while China is preparing to invade Taiwan. The difference is that China has no business at all invading Taiwan.

Originally posted by ExD
Oh, yeah, really, what form of terrorism - Beslan, Theatre in Moscow, aeroplane's bombings, bombings in metro, train bombings, all this made by terrorists, whom you trying to defend by false reasons such "The Chechens who want to have their own country and be independent."

I guess i did not make my statement clear enough, it happens when you work 12-18 hours at a rig. As i have stated in the past i do not think all Chechen are good people, the extremists that attacked the school is an example. What I was showing is that both China and Russia do have in mind separatism as a reason for these exercises.

Anyways the Russians are fighting terrorists who have attacked them yet president Putin denied that the US had any reason for attacking one of those governments that was aiding and abeiting terrorists against Americans, such as Saddam's regime which even president Putin said was planning on making terrorist attacks in the US, yet claimed to the world that the US didn't have any reasons for attacking Saddam's regime.

Originally posted by ExD
As for militarty training, US is not desired guest in asian and middle eastern region, and in the next years more pressure will be made on US to withdraw from this region. That's just my prediction.

There are quite a few countries, and people, in both the Middle East and in Asia that do want US presence in the region. There will be a equal amount of pressure from those that want the US in those regions to keep the US relation with them.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Just keeping you uptodate on this exercise as it start to draw to a close. I found this quote particularly interesting

Chinese Maj-Gen Peng Guanglian told the Oriental Morning Post in Shanghai that the games "will frighten the three evil forces of 'ethnic separatism, religious extremism and international terrorism"'.

Ha. So they *did* have an ulterior motive for these exercises. Which category do you think the US falls under?

The article goes on to say that this exercise also gives Russia a chance to 'show-off' its weapons to China. So maybe my 'middle-aged country in crisis seeking hot new trophy girlfriend in sportscar' analogy wasn't way off the mark.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I am not alarmed by this at all.

The real question is, why do Russia and China have such a bad relationship supposedly any way?

Oh, because if they were going to be friends, they would have made friends during the Cold War?

Right. My point is, people let Russia and China slip on their radar, people wrote them off just so they could feel good about America, EU, etc.

But now they are back, and they are actually saying something that many in the West agree with, and that is, the West is no longer doing 'What is best' for anyone but itself.

Taiwan, Japan, or why not go straight for the Canadian coast? They already have their population there in large numbers (larger than east Russia, I guarantee you).

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
No, akilles the problem comes back from during the Cold War. Both Stalin and Moa wanted to be the "Big Bad" of Communism and be in charge.

In fact a lot of Russia's Military was in the Siberia border region next to China because of this.

<< 1   >>

join