It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'White flight' illegal in texas judge rules

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Well you can call me what you want but take a look at black popular culture at the moment. What do you see? Gangsters selling drugs, killing people, Prostitution etc. Blacks idolize this behavior. They claim they are telling the way they lived, if you asked me they are just perpetuating the situation.

I don't know what the # you are talking about. Look at my avatar... That's me! BUt I don't idolise any of that crap you're talking about, neither do practically every black person I know of. No stop it with that bull#. NOW!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I have to agree with TheBandit795 on this one. As I'm sure you know, I'm all for freedom of speach, but that comment kind of sounded like what is discussed here. If you're going to make statements like that, you really need to justify them with research, and as we've discussed on several other threads, you won't be able to find that research proving you right or wrong, because it's deemed racist to even ask the question. That statement was an assumption based on your own personal observations, I'm sure, but I'm also sure you don't spend a lot of time in those areas.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
come on now everyone. let's not gang up on xphilesphan and turn this thread into something on PCedness.
I do realize that rules must be respected when having discorse in a forum, but nothing particularly nasty was said. I personally was thrilled when xphilesphan inserted his/her narrow generalization. it's almost like being in a war and the enemy throws boxes of ammunition at you underhand.

this frame of mind is exactly what I think we should be trying to fight. some people actually DO think this way. and I may add some people actually do act in the manner xphilesphan described. as far as the popular culture thing though, I wouldn't say it only black folks listening to 50. and what's the difference between gangster rap and a western? it's entertainment for the majority of people, white, black, historians and midgets. Just last night, I was at an local talent showcase here in little rock. and true the acts were MOSTLY black but there were atleast 5 white cats performing and there was no more than 1 in any group. and some groups were rapping about guns and dope. boys 14 to 20 talking about rocksglocksNthangs. but maybe that's what some do everyday. and maybe that's what some see everyday. but some were talking about love, war, struggle, and partying. things many of us can relate to.
and lots of these were KIDS ya'll, of all races. do we just tell them to stay away from each other and everything will be OK?

Why does multiculturalism have to be shoved down all our throats? maybe some of us do not wish to intermingle with blacks, that should be our choice not forced on us.

are you going to force racism/exclusionism down the throats of our children? that's exactly what many of these parents are trying to do.

[edit on 20-8-2005 by passengername]

[edit on 20-8-2005 by passengername]

<< 1  2  3   >>

join