It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'White flight' illegal in texas judge rules

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Another 'blame whitey' post.

Also, condoning the use of 'reverse rascism' by blacks of whites isn't really a good way to get your point across either.

How about this: get over the past. Quit using 'whitey' as the cause for all your problems. It was true 50-60 years ago, but not nowadays. By a person constantly bringing up the injustices done to blacks in the past, the -white vs. black- issue just keeps perpetuating itself.

so what you're basically saying is that it's true that whites positioned themselves at the expense of other races but it doesn't matter. in that case why have a justice system? the BTK killer killed people years ago, why not "get over the past" and move on? all these CEOs and other executives stealing money from their employees and stock holders is in the past, do we let them keep all the money they stole? usually there is some sort of restitution or some attempt at justice. White folks with your frame of mind basically are saying, "sure white folks were found at fault. that should be enough to set everything straight." get real.

and i'm not blaming "whitey" for my problems. as I stated before, my mom is white. I know that there are many white folks who would agree with me. I know that there were many white folks who faught along side black folks for justice, and without their help, black folks would still legally be second class citizens. I'm talking about the state of mind that you apparently posses. typical. "it doesn't affect me so why should I worry about it" attitude. and 50 to 60 years ago? please tell me your joking. 50 to 60 years ago, a white folks could lynch, beat, hang, mutilate, and set black folks on fire and the law would look the other way. do you think that just because some guys in long black robes said that seperate but equal was unjust that racisim disappeared over night?

and you can hardly consider what you call "reverse racism" on an equal level with what blacks experienced in the past. leadership saw that many white folks would love for it to be like the good ol' days. white folks saying, "well it's illegal for us to swang em from a tree, but we can exclude them from everything they help build." in another couple of generations maybe you can say, that happend a long time ago, but now is the calm after the storm. we're still trying to rectify the damage and clean up the trash.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
You doing something in the past and being held accountable is very different than your grandparents doing something in the past and you're held accountable. We abandoned that ancestral responsability at the foundation of America. This is not Japan, you do not lose face for a relative doing something that is beyond your control.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
You doing something in the past and being held accountable is very different than your grandparents doing something in the past and you're held accountable. We abandoned that ancestral responsability at the foundation of America. This is not Japan, you do not lose face for a relative doing something that is beyond your control.

if the law finds out that your grandparents stole the land you live on, do you think that you'll be held accountable? well probably not if they stole it from native americans. but if we take the race thing out, you bet you hiney they'll snatch that land out from under it! you can be held accountable for monetary values as long as there is a person alive who brings a complaint.

america is the richest most powerful country in the world. why? is it soley because of the whites? why is it that many whites gladly reep the benifits of our past but when asked to be accountable for keeping ALL of the benifits of the past, they don't want any part of it? an easy way to fix all this would be, to redistribute the wealth evenly amongst whites, blacks, hispanics, asians, arabs, garbagemen, lawyers, process-servers and everyone else. this way noone has any argument for injustice in the past. but I bet you this won't happen. the whites of this country don't want to let go of any of the benifits. they feel entitled to the blood money their families have collected. they say were equal now, though they have been hoarding the benifits and building on them for hundreds of years. how can we be equal if I steal all your money then tell you you're on your own? and true we're not talking about a person, but whole demographics. just like the african colonies. raid them for all their worth, then leave them on their own. I think this is why the richest folks in this country are selling it out. they're afraid that when they become the minority in this country, people will remember what their families did to become that way, and what their reply was when people wanted justice.

[edit on 19-8-2005 by passengername]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Exactly, why are the whites of today being held responsible for something our great grandparents and beyond did? We didnt have any more say over it than the blacks of today had over what happen to their ancestors. the Point is, there was a time and a place to assign blame for this and unfortuneately those responsible are long dead.

As for whites gaining 'economic benefits' is all horse crap because most people that did well was because they worked at it. there hasnt been any slavery for 140 years, how long does it take to gain an economic foothold?
This is exactly what Bill Cosby is trying to tell them although they dont want to listen.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by passengername

Originally posted by junglejake

america is the richest most powerful country in the world. why? is it soley because of the whites? why is it that many whites gladly reep the benifits of our past but when asked to be accountable for keeping ALL of the benifits of the past, they don't want any part of it? an easy way to fix all this would be, to redistribute the wealth evenly amongst whites, blacks, hispanics, asians, arabs, garbagemen, lawyers, process-servers and everyone else. this way noone has any argument for injustice in the past. but I bet you this won't happen. the whites of this country don't want to let go of any of the benifits. they feel entitled to the blood money their families have collected. they say were equal now, though they have been hoarding the benifits and building on them for hundreds of years. how can we be equal if I steal all your money then tell you you're on your own? and true we're not talking about a person, but whole demographics. just like the african colonies. raid them for all their worth, then leave them on their own. I think this is why the richest folks in this country are selling it out. they're afraid that when they become the minority in this country, people will remember what their families did to become that way, and what their reply was when people wanted justice.

No, thats called communism my friend and that is a different issue. Commuism doesnt work anyway, not in the way you think.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   

and you can hardly consider what you call "reverse racism" on an equal level with what blacks experienced in the past. leadership saw that many white folks would love for it to be like the good ol' days. white folks saying, "well it's illegal for us to swang em from a tree, but we can exclude them from everything they help build." in another couple of generations maybe you can say, that happend a long time ago, but now is the calm after the storm. we're still trying to rectify the damage and clean up the trash.

That's where I believe you are wrong. Most whites don't give a crap what color another person is. But what we do talk about when we are alone( OOOOO, letting the cat out of the bag). is when in this day and time it is ok for a black person to say 'whitey, or cracker', and have no retribution for it (meaning not being scolded or told that is is wrong), or for black-on-white hate crimes to go unoticed, while a white-on-black hate crime gets national attention; or for an entire race of people to blame something that happened to them in the past for all their current problems that they should have had fixed by now; that cultures from all over the world come here, some facing prejudice and discrimination, but they still seem to thrive, whereas the blacks are in a state of perpetual self-pity for the atrocities committed by 'whitey' years and years ago.

We just had this discussion on ATS a few threads ago. Nowadays, if a person is a white male, he is the most evil being in the world. He is the cause of all the world's problems and woes in the eyes of many people. But, I won't let this happen. I won't let my daughter feel ashamed that she is 'white', and that she is somehow connected to the plights of the black-man and other races. For many of us, our families weren't even in the States yet. So, why would we be responsible?

What is adding fuel to the fire towards the angst of white-black race relations are The Nation of Islam, all the white power groups, the Democratic party, and the Department of Social Services. They are sustaining the racial imbalance, to their own gain. Once these groups and services and ingnored (or at least dissolved), let's see how much racial tensions will we have.

Everyone just wants to live in peace. We all want equal justice under the law, and an opportunity to succeed. That will never happen, until we move on from the past, and move together through the future.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
but that's exactly how this thread began. whites are still trying to be seperate. they're not trying to move toward the future together. they want to take their spoils of the old system and run. now, instead of saying, it's because others are black they're saying it's because others are poor, or others test lower. but the poverty and is directly linked to the racism thing and the poverty thing is directly linked to the intelligence thing. why is it that when black folks get some money, they're kids typically are just a successful as whites? and that prosperity continues along those family lines? these people who are trying to move their kids to another school are probably doing it to insure their kids get a good education. but they have a distinct advantage because they can actually afford to do so. blacks and hispanics are doing the same thing. but that's the thing, people changed from saying your this color so your exluded in the beggining to you don't have enough capital so your excluded. all this after the majority of the capitol was produced during the previous argument. make up your minds. do you want to let bygones be bygones and move forward together. or do you just want to rename racism and call it economic prejudice?

and by the way, I don't use racial epiteths for white folks. I didn't bring up the "whitey" remark, I was only quoting a remark made by someone else. I'm married to a black woman and we had it out about the whole reverse racism thing. when she calls a white person a name because they're white or say some stereotypical remark, she's talking about me too, or at least talking about my Momma. and that's not acceptable regardless of your race last time I checked. remember, I'm mixed, so I see racism on both sides. I've experience racism from whites because of my black blood and from black because of my white blood. it's appropriate on niether. I believe that black folks are responsible for their own destiny. but I recognize injustice at the same time. if someone tries to rob me for what is mine, I may beat thier @$$ but I'll notify the authorities after I'm through and let people know that that person was wrong. just because I "made it" doesn't mean that it's ok and just a right of passage that all people of color must go through.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

if the law finds out that your grandparents stole the land you live on, do you think that you'll be held accountable? well probably not if they stole it from native americans. but if we take the race thing out, you bet you hiney they'll snatch that land out from under it! you can be held accountable for monetary values as long as there is a person alive who brings a complaint.

You can be sued for it, but there are statute of limitations on land claims. What's more, if the "theft" that took place back then was legal, but isn't now, the law can't touch it -- Ex Post Facto. I find it ironic that you think it's ok if it happens to Native Americans yet that race is above the statute of limitations law while all others have to abide by it. Just another example of racial favoritism.

but that's exactly how this thread began. whites are still trying to be seperate.

You're assuming their reasoning is due to race and not because they want a better education for their children. You're making assumptions of the intentions of a small group of people in Texas and condemning an entire race for them. That is, by its very definition, biggotry.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Maybe they are moving to other schools so that they feel that their children would be in a safer environment.

This goes back to the black community, and getting their act together. Blaming poverty (and there are many poor white areas, but we don't see the kind of violence in those communities like we do in the inner city) is not an answer; it's a stumbling block. Just as saying that blacks can't get ahead because of discrimination( even though there is a large black middle-class in the U.S.) Or maybe it is the mentality? As soon as a black person becomes successful (and not through sports or being an entertainer), and speak viable English , they are considered a sell-out, or Uncle-Tom.

The inner city is a chaotic mess. It is majority black. The vast majority are impoverished. So, instead of getting a job, even minimum wage, they watch a 50 Cent video, and want everything he has, by selling drugs or committing crimes. These are problems that the black community needs to address. How could anyone find fault with the Texas parents for not wanting their kids put into a potentially grim situation?

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

well probably not if they stole it from native americans.

I find it ironic that you think it's ok if it happens to Native Americans yet that race is above the statute of limitations law while all others have to abide by it. Just another example of racial favoritism.

come on man. if you couldn't recognize this a sarcasm, I couldn't expect you to be able to recognize injustice.

but that's exactly how this thread began. whites are still trying to be seperate.

You're assuming their reasoning is due to race and not because they want a better education for their children. You're making assumptions of the intentions of a small group of people in Texas and condemning an entire race for them. That is, by its very definition, biggotry.

maybe you read my post before my edit, though I think I put the "these people who are trying to move their kids to another school are probably doing it to insure their kids get a good education." thing in there.

and I don't generalize an entire race. read my post(s). I know that there are white folks who believe as I do and some that don't. I know there are blacks who are lazy and some who aren't. I know some midgets have six toes and some don't. argument is that people are turning one form of discrimination into another and that both forms are directly connected to one another.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by nathraq
Maybe they are moving to other schools so that they feel that their children would be in a safer environment.

can't blame them for that. but what circumstances created ghettos? if they move, can they escape? broke folks will always follow the rich folks, whereever they may be. do you want to solve the problem or continue running from it?

This goes back to the black community, and getting their act together. Blaming poverty (and there are many poor white areas, but we don't see the kind of violence in those communities like we do in the inner city) is not an answer; it's a stumbling block.

true that. I'm not saying because of racism just give the people what they want. I'm saying that if you don't want to put up with the effects of past racism/exclusionism, do something to set it right. It might be hard and it may take some off the spoils of oppression to acheive it, but in the long run folks, both white and black, will be better off. blacks because of the effort and whites because blacks will no longer have a "crutch".

these poor white areas you speak of may not have the crime rate that poor black areas have. but typically, when you have poor white areas, they are rural. poor rural areas, whether they be black or white, usually don't have the same crime rates urban areas have.

Just as saying that blacks can't get ahead because of discrimination( even though there is a large black middle-class in the U.S.)

well look at the progress blacks have made just by stopping legal racism. imagine what would happen if reparations were made.

Or maybe it is the mentality? As soon as a black person becomes successful (and not through sports or being an entertainer), and speak viable English , they are considered a sell-out, or Uncle-Tom.

not true. the only thing that happens is that many blacks want the same things whites and anybody else wants. and you know white folks will put up with blacks if they have some cheese. but many blacks do have to or would prefer to forget where they came from and forget or at least not acknowledge the injustices done to their race in america for white folks to interact with them. I think this is because WHITE folks want to forget the evil their ancestors did in the past. guilt is a pretty heavy thing.

blacks who succeed but don't forget where they came from are held in high esteem in the inner city. especially when they don't flaunt what they have and encourage others.

The inner city is a chaotic mess. It is majority black. The vast majority are impoverished.
why? maybe becuase of the oppression of the past?

So, instead of getting a job, even minimum wage, they watch a 50 Cent video, and want everything he has, by selling drugs or committing crimes.

can anybody say minimum wage if fair? at the current minimum wage you could but almost 2 gallons of gas. and what do we show our kids everyday on TV?

These are problems that the black community needs to address.

exactly. like I said before everyone is responsible for their own destiny. the islamic terrorists are effecting peoples lives but it is still up to those individuals to go out and make a living. if terrorist blow up the water treatment center, they can't just sit on their buttox and cry about it. they try to make it right. but while they struggle to make it through they can still fight the evil of terrorism.

How could anyone find fault with the Texas parents for not wanting their kids put into a potentially grim situation?

a better question is how can you fault people for trying to abolish the circumstances that make these parents feel the way they do?

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

The inner city is a chaotic mess. It is majority black. The vast majority are impoverished.

Well, no, it has nothing to do with oppression. Before blacks moved to the city to find jobs in industry, the city was a majority of white immigrants, many of them poor as hell. But, there was still not the violence that is happening in today's inner-city.

Once again,using oppression that happened decades ago and poverty as excuses for turning the cities of America into living nightmares.

(this is probably coming across the wrong way passengerman. But I really enjoy posting here with you.)

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nathraq

Well, no, it has nothing to do with oppression. Before blacks moved to the city to find jobs in industry, the city was a majority of white immigrants, many of them poor as hell. But, there was still not the violence that is happening in today's inner-city.

Once again,using oppression that happened decades ago and poverty as excuses for turning the cities of America into living nightmares.

(this is probably coming across the wrong way passengerman. But I really enjoy posting here with you.)

have ya'll ever seen west side story or gangs of new york? poverty has always produced violence. true they may not have had submachine guns or automobiles so it took a little longer to kill each other off. we didn't have the telecommunication tech we have now so you didn't hear about it as fast or as much. black folks moved from the south where they toiled in the fields to the cities where they made half as much as their white counterparts doing the same thing. little black kids saw their folks being oppressed and struggling. they didn't want to be in the same boat as their elders. why work honestly if you can't get the same as a white person working honestly? work twice as hard? or maybe that pimp over there with the big car and WHITE cops under his payroll can lay some game on me. stats still show that blacks get paid less than white counter parts. but this goes back to what we show our kids on TV everyday. it's weird people have a problem with an image of a man and woman doing natures thang, but have no problem with someone gunning down dozens of people, spitting on them and then giving the camera a thumbs up. he wins the war/police action/domestic dispute, the car, the woman, and is a hero.

and hey nathraq, don't worry about me. I'm a big boy and won't let you see me cry. productive dialogue usually has two sides. If I wanted someone to agree with me, i'd talk to myself.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

but that's exactly how this thread began. whites are still trying to be seperate. they're not trying to move toward the future together. they want to take their spoils of the old system and run. now, instead of saying, it's because others are black they're saying it's because others are poor, or others test lower. but the poverty and is directly linked to the racism thing and the poverty thing is directly linked to the intelligence thing. why is it that when black folks get some money, they're kids typically are just a successful as whites? and that prosperity continues along those family lines? these people who are trying to move their kids to another school are probably doing it to insure their kids get a good education. but they have a distinct advantage because they can actually afford to do so. blacks and hispanics are doing the same thing. but that's the thing, people changed from saying your this color so your exluded in the beggining to you don't have enough capital so your excluded. all this after the majority of the capitol was produced during the previous argument. make up your minds. do you want to let bygones be bygones and move forward together. or do you just want to rename racism and call it economic prejudice?

Why does multiculturalism have to be shoved down all our throats? maybe some of us do not wish to intermingle with blacks, that should be our choice not forced on us. I know im going to be called a 'rascist' but if you wish to intermingle with blacks thats ok, it should be the same way if you do not. It's our choice who we socialise with. Im not saying dont hire a black person or anything like that, Im just saying if we wish to go to better schools with less crime, we should be able to.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Why does multiculturalism have to be shoved down all our throats? maybe some of us do not wish to intermingle with blacks, that should be our choice not forced on us. I know im going to be called a 'rascist' but if you wish to intermingle with blacks thats ok, it should be the same way if you do not. It's our choice who we socialise with. Im not saying dont hire a black person or anything like that, Im just saying if we wish to go to better schools with less crime, we should be able to.

Back the dog and pony show up here mate, if you're impling that it's because of non-whites that there's more crime I'm definatly pulling the "race card" out. You seem to be pushing the envelope without putting it on the line. Hell I never thought I would have thought something positive of another unnamed member, at least he was honest about his prejudice.

:shk:

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Back the dog and pony show up here mate, if you're impling that it's because of non-whites that there's more crime I'm definatly pulling the "race card" out. You seem to be pushing the envelope without putting it on the line. Hell I never thought I would have thought something positive of another unnamed member, at least he was honest about his prejudice.

Well you can call me what you want but take a look at black popular culture at the moment. What do you see? Gangsters selling drugs, killing people, Prostitution etc. Blacks idolize this behavior. They claim they are telling the way they lived, if you asked me they are just perpetuating the situation.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Well you can call me what you want but take a look at black popular culture at the moment. What do you see? Gangsters selling drugs, killing people, Prostitution etc. Blacks idolize this behavior. They claim they are telling the way they lived, if you asked me they are just perpetuating the situation.

Narrow view mate, for every Randy Moss there's a Reggie White.

BTW is see many "white" gangsta's too. You are pinning a problem in society on other races, hmm, I guess your a "racist".

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   

What do you see? Gangsters selling drugs, killing people, Prostitution etc. Blacks idolize this behavior. They claim they are telling the way they lived, if you asked me they are just perpetuating the situation.

...thats a bigger feed of over-generalized-stereotype arse than if Rosanne Barr sat on my face...

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Well you can call me what you want but take a look at black popular culture at the moment. What do you see? Gangsters selling drugs, killing people, Prostitution etc. Blacks idolize this behavior.

Wow, based on this every African American in the Untied States is packing a gun, has a grill and is a pimp/working lady/dealer. Deny ignorance, simply because you have bought into the sterotype does not make it correct. Perhaps if you turned off MTV, or better yet TV and got out, you may see that it is a small percentage. Every "group" in the US and other countries have thier good and thier bad. To make such a blanket statement about one in particular is truly forgetting to 'Deny Ignorance"

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I'm sure XphilesPhan will get counsil when he logs back in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join