It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Documents Released About Brazilian Mistakenly Shot On 22/7

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Within the last half an hour documents have been released detailing the events that led to the death of an innocent Brazilian man in London on 22/7 this year.

ITV News has obtained secret documents and photographs that detail why police shot Jean Charles De Menezes dead on the tube.

The Brazilian electrician was killed on 22 July, the day after the series of failed bombings on the tube and bus network.

The crucial mistake that ultimately led to his death was made at 9.30am when Jean Charles left his flat in Scotia Road, South London.

Surveillance officers wrongly believed he could have been Hussain Osman, one of the prime suspects, or another terrorist suspect.
www.channel4.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

1/ The surveilance officer watching for the suspect leaving his house was urinating when the Brazilian man, Jean Charles de Menezes, left. This led to confusion later and an inadequate description falsey identified him.

2/ Mr de Menezes Did not jump the tube barriers as reported he paid with swipe card.

3/ The Brazilian man Did not run from police as was reported, but stopped to pick up a free newspaper, quickening his pace slightly only to catch his train.

4/ He was not wearing a winter coat as reported.

5/ One officer held the man while the other shot him in the head. A total of 10 bullets were fired at close range. 7 hitting him.

These details are shameful.

But what is worse is that either the press were misled by the authorities in the initial aftermath or the press misled the public !

I'm shocked by these revelations and the lies that have been told to cover up incompetence.

[edit on 16-8-2005 by John bull 1]

[edit on 18-8-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This is certainly disturbing, and a huge black mark.

[edit on 16-8-2005 by cargo]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It is indeed terrible as it walways was, but before there was a press announcement there were witnesses saying what had happened. So why did they lie?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Who is your source? could you hyper link this etc...or... tells where you've heard such rumours?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I was just going to bump the old thread for all the people who said he was stupid and deserved it.

[edit on 16-8-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This is Really Shocking!

So - what Was the REASON ten Bullets were fired at him point blank?

He dressed Funny?

link   
www.itn.co.uk...
Here you are.

link   

2un

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I wonder if the officials who carried out this un-justified execution will be fired and sentanced to Death/Life Sentances?

[edit on 16-8-2005 by 2un]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Secret documents? Could they be more generic? Who's secret documents are we talking about? And where in the links provided is the story of a man pissing on the side of a building while the Brazilian left his flat?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This is sad..
I would still like to see spome better documentation.
At this point, something is missing in the story.
And that is:

Was he told to HALT, or STOP?
And did he ignore the orders, if they were given.

The provided links are all from a single source..and are lacking that
IMPORTANT detail..

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I just watched the bit on ITV news who claim to have received these 'secret documents' and they are being very crptic.

They havn't shown these photos or documents and they havn't even said what they are. They did show some fat moron who they described simply as an 'expert' - (In what exactly - they didn't say) - who mumbled on his 'opinion' without saying how he could actualyl be so sure. The way he spoke he worded it more like speculation. Maybe I missed a better segment but what I saw is so vague and unconclusive it wasn't even worthy of the Daily Sport. Not yet anyway. Maybe if they give some more details it would help.

They even showed the video of the witness again saying he saw the guy running, etc.. I stilll don't understand how these witnesses made such a big mistake before the police had even released a statement.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Spacedoubt, these documents have been leaked from the official inquiry into the case. At no stage did he even know police were following, infact the first thing he knew about it was some guy coming up to him while he was sitting down on the train, grabbing him whilst another guy put a gun to his head and fired away.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Channel 4 showed one of the photos. The others are somewhat graphic apparently.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1

ITV News has obtained secret documents and photographs that detail why police shot Jean Charles De Menezes dead on the tube.

The Brazilian electrician was killed on 22 July, the day after the series of failed bombings on the tube and bus network.

The crucial mistake that ultimately led to his death was made at 9.30am when Jean Charles left his flat in Scotia Road, South London.

Surveillance officers wrongly believed he could have been Hussain Osman, one of the prime suspects, or another terrorist suspect.
www.channel4.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

1/ The surveilance officer watching for the suspect leaving his house was urinating when the Brazilian man, Jean Charles de Menezes, left. This led to confusion later and an inadequate description falsey identified him.

2/ Mr de Menezes Did not jump the tube barriers as reported he paid with swipe card.

3/ The Brazilian man Did not run from police as was reported, but stopped to pick up a free newspaper, quickening his pace slightly only to catch his train.

4/ One officer held the man while the other shot him in the head. A total of 10 bullets were fired at close range. 7 hitting him.

These details are shameful.

But what is worse is that either the press were misled by the authorities in the initial aftermath or the press misled the public !

I'm shocked by these revelations and the lies that have been told to cover up incompetence.

pretty much what i said all along. i'm glad the truth is finally reaching the mainstream media.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Wait...

News Reports the "Liberal Leftists" were right all along.
Whatever next? -laughs-

Already said he wasn't wearing the coat, didn't jump the barrier, etc. It looks like another innocent person killed by those who are meant to be protecting us.

Are the Met cross-training with the LAPD by chance?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Well, if there weren't laws against concealed weapons, something like this might not have happened. I guess they are learning their lesson.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
Well, if there weren't laws against concealed weapons, something like this might not have happened. I guess they are learning their lesson.

What are you talking about now?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
A group of us have persistantly been arguing about the outragous killing of this innocent man. No link provided but I'm sure you can find it if you want. We argued when they blamed him for wearing a 'winter' coat. We argued when he was accused of running and jumping the turnstile. We even argued when he was accused of being illegally in the country and thus openly asking 'for it'. I guess all these reasons were enough for some to believe the police should shoot him in cold blood.

I'm glad the truth comes out but I dare say this won't do his family or friends any good.

I hope the naysayers that keep arguing that the Bas**** had it coming realise that this is what it is coming down to. Innocent people being shot for no reason.

[edit on 16-8-2005 by nikelbee]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I guess now the family will have more on the london police to get a big law suit in the family favor.

I know sometimes things are fix to look good but I had no clue that the whole thing was completly change to look better for the police.

What a shame.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join