It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merging threads?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I was just thinking, as recently I had a thread closed. (my fault, topic already existed)

Can't you merge threads or move the posts to the threads in common?

Im not familiar with the system, but I remember talking to a mod about it quite a while ago.

So is it possible? I think it would look better, not having to see those locked threads go into oblivion.

If not, oh well.

peace.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
We no longer have the ability to merge threads.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I think it would cause alot of confusion as thread have thier own ebb and flow and inserting another would disrupt that.

[edit on 8/16/05 by FredT]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
I think it would cause alot of confusion as thread have thier own ebb and flow and inserting another would disrupt that.

[edit on 8/16/05 by FredT]

Maybe at the bottom have a list of links of the repeats? Just so people can check it out, cause I know a lil conv. happens before the thread is closed. Or are the being deleted, I dunno I have only seen a few repeat threads.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I suppose yes.

Alright, keep up the good work

thread closed !

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
I suppose yes.

Alright, keep up the good work

thread closed !

Haha, how awesome if that was really the only thing it took to close a thread, was typing in THREAD CLOSED in bold and caps and everything

Mods beware we figured out the secret

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Maybe at the bottom have a list of links of the repeats? Just so people can check it out, cause I know a lil conv. happens before the thread is closed. Or are the being deleted, I dunno I have only seen a few repeat threads.

I've always thought this would be a great idea and improvement on dealing with duplicate threads. Anytime a thread that already has responses needs to be locked it would be nice if a Mod post were added to the orginal thread (that caused the closing) to get a link to the duplicate.

Probably too much work, but it would be nice

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I think if we see a dup and close it, we try to link to the original thread before we close it.
And, members often notice the duplication and provide a link to the original.

new topics

top topics

join