It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Churches = Big Business?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
James 1:27 KJV:
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

God's business is strictly non-material-profit. Remember the lilies of the field...give to Ceasar's what is his and to God what is His.

Don't forget it was the treasurer who betrayed Jesus to Caiphas and Annas. For profit.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thejunk
I never have understood the modern protestant movement. The services I have been to are full of people proclaiming how Jesus is going to save them and what Jesus has done for them. They praise how great he is without having a clue into what his teachings mean, give money, and go home.
I don't get it.

I think there are some who are that way, but don't think that's a majority. It would take one to know each member very well to make such a statement I think. As far as those who are that way, yes, I think that's very sad too.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
After hearing all this i thank god i dont live in the USA.
Halleluja for not haven been brainwashed by a religion that is so corrupt that even Baltazar would blush.
Do you guys know how much money the vatican has, in assets bonds and shares, from all this money you could make Africa a freakin Oasis with alot of change to spare.

People liked to get robbed the good way i guess

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
is that it's not a theocracy. Not sure what kind of propagandic spin makes it seem that way, but we hold places like "Sin City" (Las Vegas) and Washington D.C., so obviously we're not strapping a Bible to our belts as a country
. BTW, not sure if it was directed to me or not, but I'm not Catholic so what the Vatican does excludes any contributions on my part. Oops! I guess that doesn't make me brainwashed either.

[edit on 6-10-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senser
Do you guys know how much money the vatican has, in assets bonds and shares, from all this money you could make Africa a freakin Oasis with alot of change to spare.

People liked to get robbed the good way i guess

DO you know how much the church GIVES away every year? Is the Roman Catholic church wealthy? Of course it is! It's over 2000 years old and is the largest organized religion in the world.

I resent the remarks about 'making Africa a freaking oasis'. Billions have been poured into Africa - from a variety of sources - and most of it goes to waste. End the corruption, ethnic bloodshed, and civil wars there, something might be done. All I can do is pray....

Brainwashing? Please! The problem here is lack of education. Speak to an educated Christian; likely they have no respect for the money-grubbing evangelical hucksters out there. Most educated Muslims deplore how the ignorant and the manipulative are twisting Islam. If you want to correct these problems - and they are problems - make education a priority. One of the reasons I love being a Catholic is the fusion of ritual, tradition, and the intellectual aspect o divining faith.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join