It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does people want to go to Heaven?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Why does people want to go to Heaven?

I'll have a bash at answering this

Firstly dont be fooled into believing the whole "sit on a cloud and play harps for all eternity ......."

How can you look at the created universe, with all its diversity and wonder, yet believe there is only a cloud and harp awaiting you?

I'll start from the begining ...........

Lucifer- the angel of light, made the mistke of wanting God's place and power.
For his lust and pride he was thrown from heaven.

In Gods perfect wisdom He created mankind.
And mankind is going to get the VERY thing Lucifer has always wanted.
Jesus said: EVERYTHING the Father has, he has given to Me, and EVERYTHING I have, I freely give to you.
Think about that for a moment .......

EVERYTHING the Father has ......

We are made in God's image for a reason.
And that reason is we are His children.
We where made for a plan and purpose.
And that purpose is to be heirs to His Kingdom - Heaven.

God the Father has given examples of what His children will be doing (following the family business) so to speak, by His creation of the universe and MORE SO the creation of life on this blue planet.

Why do we want to go to heaven?

How would YOU like to be like your Father?
The ability to create life and all its shapes and forms on your very own planet/planets?
A universe of endless possibilities ......

None of this would be possible with Sin still in the picture.
You cannot grant the power of God Himself to ANY who could be corrupted by Sin.
The consequences need not be explained.

Why create a universe SO great in size and number of planets/stars? .......
The universe is the first fruits of Gods example of His creative power - left empty as a sign of whats to come.

God freely gave ALL that is here on this earth as an example of what can be achived through His power.
And WE being His children will inherit this very power, and spend eternity sharing this gift of creation with each other.

How FREELY would YOU worship God if he gave you ALL that?
I have heard people say how boring worshiping God forever and ever would be.
You REALLY think so?
If you where given the power to be just like God?
To do all that your Father does?
To follow in His footsteps and copy His examples of creation, sharing, giving and love?
Seriously think about it ......

How good would this world be if EVERY single person shared everything with each other.
Of coarse NONE of this is possible with Sin in the world as we know it.

But there will come a time, where Sin will be no more.
And then and only then can Gods children be given theirs Fathers inheritence.

You see, unlike Lucifer, Gods children will NOT want Gods place.
And for that, they will inherit His power.

Heaven is NOT sitting on clouds, nor is it playing harps and it is DEFINATELY NOT about being bored!
Think of endless resources - think of endless power, unlimited knowledge, basically NOTHING stopping you from doing whatever you choose to do?
This is the free gift God has offerd to any who will make the choice to believe.
It is the very nature of God to give.
And we being His children, he wants to give us EVERYTHING.
Yup thats right - Im talking His very own power, just as an earthly father gives all that he has to his children.

Once and once only in history has a being wanted to have ALL that God is.
And once and once only in history God the Son died a horrible death to make it possible for as MANY as will accept Him have ALL that God is.
Could not have been possible whilst Sin existed.
And sadly Sin had to be destroyed by death itself - HIS DEATH!
He paid the price for ALL to inherit Gods power.

Heaven will not be a place of cloud sitters playing harps to God for all eternity.
Lucifer would love you to believe that.
He hates you with an undying passion, for you have to opportunity to get EVERYTHING he so desprately desires ...and for that, he hates you!

Heaven and ALL that awaits is a FREE gift of God, just like this beautiful blue planet he created - an example of things to come .......

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'd rather spend eternity staring at god and playing the harp than eternity burning and burning and burning in extreme pain.

How can those that do not believe be so sure there isn't a heaven...no one knows for sure. Despite what people believe you won't know until you're dead.

It's impossible to dismiss such religious beliefs as "crap" before you die.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
People want to go to heaven, because they are incapable of percieving what is.

People spend their lives fullfilling the expectations of those around them.

People spend their lives proving to the world who they are.

People spend their lives ignorant of the fact they are trying to prove themselves to themselve.

People spend their lives wearing masks, with bahaviors and actions that are different depending on the state of mind of those around them.

People spend their lives doing almost everything to not be alone.

People's lives are spent when they are alone.

People spend their lives spending their lives, while not living.

People deserve to be happy, but won't be happy until they know they deserve to be happy.

Heaven is a state of mind that is attainable here, but selflessness and service is the price for it here.

It's worth it.

Have you ever, just for 1 moment, a fraction of a second, been totally willing to forfeit all for 1 second with the truth?

The truth is the truth cannot be found, or given, .... truth can only be experienced.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
With all this talk about heaven and hell you are forgeting something very importantant purgatory. What makes this funny is the fact that we know it was made up when pesant settlers didn't think they could live up to the virtually no sin expectations of the church. The church wanted to intise them and therefore put the legislation of a new place with abosolutly no evidence on the floor of its existance. The church then said it existed and it was a third relm for middle sinners to go to. Then bam new settelers decided they would be able to go to this place and put their faith and their wallets to the maker of this fantastic fraud. It makes you think if this was made up by the christian church why wouldn't heaven and hell

I am not an athiest just mature enough to accept the fact that I dont know.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
innominate

HA! HA!

I have more points than you!!!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hey shutup

Ophiuchus The Omega Male

we all have to be newbies sometime.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
There is a heaven and there is a hell. There is a spirit and there is a soul in life. What blindedbythelight said was mostly right. But there is more. Everyone that is saved will not just go to heaven. some odd 144 thousand thousand will go to heaven. The rest will go to the new earth. The new jerusalem that will come down from heaven. most likely you will be come a angel in heaven. Angels are ministering spirits the bible says. The bible will minister to God and those on earth. every person now has a angel that watches over, wathier they notice or not. Those that live in the new jerusalem will continue God's first plan for man. Angels will worship AGod of course, but they also do the miracles God wants to happen on earth.

Urn

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
How can those that do not believe be so sure there isn't a heaven...no one knows for sure. Despite what people believe you won't know until you're dead.

but this sort of veiw kind of demands that one subsribes to every religion ever created, just to be sure to cover all ones bases, does it not?

and in doing so, one would be violating at least 50% of said religions by worshiping false deities. am i wrong?

of course, one could always subscribe to my own personal belief, which would be, live a good life, be kind to others, and see what this "crap shoot" we call a universe has in store for us in the end... after all...if its absolute oblivion, then me and you won't be around to care...and if thats the case, at least we can die, and enter oblivion knowing we lived a relativly good life
....thats the way i look at it anyway

besides....we've all experienced hell before... (ats in low bandwidth mode)

Urn

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
most likely you will be come a angel in heaven. Angels are ministering spirits the bible says. The bible will minister to God and those on earth. every person now has a angel that watches over, wathier they notice or not.

ministering angel in heaven? watching over people?? no, no, no....
that sounds like a job....i was lookin forward to retiring in heaven...
or at the very least recieving my "heavinly wellfare" cheques

EDIT #1 to add:
they DO have broadband in heaven right??

EDIT #2:
had to emphisize the word "job"

[edit on 16-8-2005 by Urn]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Have a look at this essay by Christopher Calder ,I find it quite profound in ways while I dont fully agree with it its a great read none the less,and yes I do have persmission to post his work.

I belive that most of our religons are structured around our fear of death.

Do you have a soul?

Have a read , beware it may be too blunt for some people to handel.

[edit on 16-8-2005 by Merkeva]

Urn

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Merkeva,

GREAT article, and GREAT find, i only read about a third of it so far.....but i bookmarked it in a heart beat...

simply an AWSOME read...

Urn

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
oh ya, Jamuhn i almost forgot to mention, i absolutly LOVE your new avatar...

instant clasic...lol
i swear, i laughed mt ASS of the first time i saw it..

EDIT #1: to fix image link
EDIT #2: to add vowels to my sntance
lol

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Urn

but this sort of veiw kind of demands that one subsribes to every religion ever created, just to be sure to cover all ones bases, does it not?

No, I was simply saying that one cannot presume to know the ultimate answers. Which is true, there is no possible way you could no for certain what awaits after death before death.

Urn

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   

No, I was simply saying that one cannot presume to know the ultimate answers. Which is true, there is no possible way you could no for certain what awaits after death before death.

your absolutly correct... hence my last statment...

Originally posted by Urn
of course, one could always subscribe to my own personal belief, which would be, live a good life, be kind to others, and see what this "crap shoot" we call a universe has in store for us in the end... after all...if its absolute oblivion, then me and you won't be around to care...and if thats the case, at least we can die, and enter oblivion knowing we lived a relativly good life

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
The way I have seen some of the Pastors behave during church conferences, I am not too sure I want to share the same space with them IF they are going upstairs after death just because they are a Pastor.

Moreover, the way I have seen some Elders behave in their everyday life, away from the Sunday church, I am POSITIVE I do not want to share the same space with them after we are both dead.

These people turned my stomach in life, I don't think I want to be sick to my stomach amongst the harp music and soft lights . . . :bnghd:

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
There is only one way to find God that through his son jesus. But there are many ways to find God through christianiry. But haveing to have a christian church was not it. God never said you have to have a church. He said you have to have followship with others. God said 6 days though shall work, the 7 DAY YOU SHOULD KEEP HOLY. So if on the 7th day you are doing the work of God, you are keeping the sabbath holy for God.

what BigFatApe said is true, it saddens me how a pastor does not give a 100% to God. Or at least walk with him. this is why I have not chose a church yet. That and who knows whos the best to follow. Eveil the devil go's to church.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join