It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's YOUR hero???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I was having the discussion the other day with a friend of mine, and the words "He's my hero" came up... And I was curious- Who's everyone's heroes and why?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Well, I think there are too many to count. First and foremost, God. Then all my earthly hero's. These include: Loren Coleman, Jerome Clark, The Heuvelmans and basically every other major cryptozoologist.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
My hero?

LTC Eric Kurilla, Duecefour in Mosul Iraq. Man is the best commander to walk the planet, intelligent and creative. His men love him and would do anything for him. Why? Because he is one bad @ss and never tells his men to do anything he hasnt done 100 times himself.

And no, I have never met him. Maybe someday I will be fortunate enough though.

LTC Kurilla on the left doing what he does best:

[edit on 12-8-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Historical Hero: Tesla (any scientist who tries to make a death ray and other such randomness is my hero!)

Fictional Hero: Batman

Hero from real life: My friends and firefighters

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Super SkepticOverlrod Man ( i forgot his real name)
lol

But really I'm not sure who my hero is..... it's hard to decide...

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I speak of only these.

1. A man who travelled the eastern and western world and who was sainted and became the Holiest man in the RO Church of the past 500 years.

2. An uncle who was an extraordinary engineer that did much of the infrastructure for a west coast city and found time and energy to support a large number of people and projects including many to do with man number 1.

3. My mother and my father for their contribution to bringing me into being and raising me in the most trying circumstances.

There is another who hasn't quite reached hero status yet, but who in himself or herself knows just what it takes.

Heroes are better closer to home, they're bigger than sports stars and celebrities aren't they!

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
my hero is my self

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinta_ilfirin
Fictional Hero: Batman

I couldn't agree more... I love Batman!

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Heros aren't atheletes that are paid millions of dollars just to catch a ball. Heros are the ones that protect us from our fears and to keep us safe from everday dangers.

Let me just say this, out of the 50,000 people at the WTC on 9-11, 48,203 made it home to their families out of 50,000. Out of the 2,000+ firefighters and medics at the WTC on 9-11, 343 never made it home.

343 Brothers In Red gave their souls going into what normal people fear
23 NYPD officers gave their lives protecting and serving
87 NY/NJ P.A.P.D. employees died doing what they did best

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Damn, "hero" is such a strong word! I can't think of any one person that I would call my hero. Let me just say that anyone who jeopardizes their life and/or livelihood to right a wrong perpetrated by big corporations/goverment agencies would be a hero to me. Whistleblowers are heroes.

I do have my sports pseudo heroes though:

Bruce Matthews
Eric Dickerson
Any Dodger from the big blue wrecking crew
Hakeem Olajuwon.......................just to name a few.

Peace

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I dont idolize anyone because everyone has faults....

so i guess i can say, in general terms ... "Life is my hero"

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Need I say more?

new topics

top topics

join