It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

75th Ranger Officer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Hi

Well I can answer this one personally,

I went to UCLA undergrad on the Army ROTC program. I went to Basic my first summer, Air Assault school my second summer, Advanced Camp my third summer, and then was assigned as an Infantry Officer and went to Ranger school after graduation of my fourth year.

Its not that hard i guess.. just do well in school, max out your APFT, and don't be stupid. I know that sounds cynical, but you will be surprised at the amount of stupid you meet in the Army.

The Rangers are a great group. I don't regret the time I spent in the service. You must also recognize that the Rangers operate mostly on a Company level or larger in a combat zone. Most good Rangers also aspire to Special Forces or Delta and most don't make it. To me, if you want a military goal, that would be it.

Personally, If I were you, I would go to as much higher education as possible and use your talents to help people and heal the world.

Its not hard to hurt people and break things. It is hard to heal people and build things.

Ret

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by retzius
Hi

Well I can answer this one personally,

I went to UCLA undergrad on the Army ROTC program. I went to Basic my first summer, Air Assault school my second summer, Advanced Camp my third summer, and then was assigned as an Infantry Officer and went to Ranger school after graduation of my fourth year.

Its not that hard i guess.. just do well in school, max out your APFT, and don't be stupid. I know that sounds cynical, but you will be surprised at the amount of stupid you meet in the Army.

The Rangers are a great group. I don't regret the time I spent in the service. You must also recognize that the Rangers operate mostly on a Company level or larger in a combat zone. Most good Rangers also aspire to Special Forces or Delta and most don't make it. To me, if you want a military goal, that would be it.

Personally, If I were you, I would go to as much higher education as possible and use your talents to help people and heal the world.

Its not hard to hurt people and break things. It is hard to heal people and build things.

Ret

Born..This is the advice you need..Thank you Ret..I was trying to give the best advice possible but Im glad an officer who actually served with the RGT was able to spot this thread and provide a little more insight than what I was able to provide..I have a few buddies that are still with 3rd batt and your right, This is a great military goal for a newly minted butterbar..ooops..I mean 2nd Lt..Just Kidding.....I served under many fine officers...good luck Born

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
i can relate to you. My dream job is to be a Lieutenant in the army rangers. Any regiment or squad. they are all badass anyways. i am 15 years old. a sophomore. when i graduate i want to join the army right away but i want to be an officer too.

My backup plan is to make it into the rangers as an enlisted recruit for about 2-4 years. then get out of the army and go to ROTC then when it is completed i wish to join the army again as an airbourne infantry Lt.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
OK. I HAVE DONE ALL I CAN DO TO GET THE ANSWER TO A FEW QUESTIONS I HAVE REGARDING RANGERS SO FAR TO NO AVAIL. I CANNOT START A NEW THREAD TO ASK THE QUESTIONS AND I CANNOT SEND A U2U MESSAGE TO ANYONE TILL I HAVE 20 POSTS... MAKES THINGS REALLY HARD FOR ME AS I WAS GOING TO JUST DO THAT AND SEND A U2U TO SOMEONE ON HERE THAT SEEMED TO KNOW A LOT ABOUT THE RANGERS. IT SAYS I CAN ONLY SEND U2U TO STAFF OF ATS UNTIL I HAVE 20 POSTS AS WELL... SO.... IS ANYONE ON THIS THREAD A STAFF PERSON AND KNOWS ABOUT ARMY RANGERS SO I CAN ASK YOU MY QUESTIONS? SORRY, I DON'T MEAN TO INTERRUPT. I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO AT THIS POINT. I AM 51 AND DISABLED AND I HAVE SPENT LITERALLY WEEKS ONLINE TRYING TO GET ANSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS AND STILL HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO ACHIEVE THAT. TY AND AGAIN SORRY FOR INTERRUPTION.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join