It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil by the numbers, and the end times

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
According to the Depratment of Energy's (DOE) Information Administration, Oil and Gas Journal of 1990,
the world producers of oil stack up like this (from least to most) in billions of barrels
Egypt 4,500
Qatar 4,500
Neutral Zone (Kuwait) 5,200
Canada 6,133
India 7,516
Indonesia 8,200
Algeria 9,200
Norway 11,546
Nigeria 16,000
Libya 22,800
China 24,000
Unites States 25,860
Mexico 56,365
Soviet Union 58,400
Venezuela 58,504
Abu Dhabi 92,205
Iran 92,860
Kuwait 94,525
Iraq 100,000
Saudi Arabia 254,959

I have been reading a book called Armageddon, OIL and the Middle East Crisis by John F. Woolvoord ISBN 0-310-53921-8

and have come to a little better understanding of the problems we face.
I had always surmised that it was the greed and money that drove the oil commodity (and subsequent wars) and have since realized that without oil any industrialized nation would come to a standstill. We all (still) need oil in order to function. The problem is that the Middle East being the most resourced uses it as a blackmail tool. The blackmail to America is to get us out of the Israeli-Arab conflict.

I had also thought it was a personal issue dating back to Abraham and the animosity between Isaac and Ishmael, and although this still might be the case, the modern problem centers around Jerusalem and the rights of ownership. Occupation doesn't resolve the fact that all religions regard the Holy City as a focal (and subsequent flash) point for personal Faith.

This book gives a historical record of Israel and how Prophets had foretold of the struggles she would face from the beginning to the ultimate end, the Second Coming.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is interested in not only understanding the problems adherent to the Middle East, but also the prophecies of the Bible and how they are playing out in todays political arena. ... as well as the consequences of a socially accepted ahteistic movement. During the rapture of the church, the redeemers (believers in Christ) will be removed and evil will have a free reign.

After reading (about 3/4 so far) through this book, I have a question about the EU and whether this will become the basis of the "ten" that will ultimately rise to power under the one ruler (anti-Christ) or whether the "ten" will arise from the Middle Eastern nations?

Of particular note is that USA doesn't even have a role in the end-time prophecies, they aren't mentioned, and yet Russia figures predominantly in the battle of Armageddon. Does this mean that the USA will not even be a viable force in the coming times? ... Food for thought.

As a personal note, I just don't know how to convey the depth to which I feel that those who haven't come to know the Lord and acceptance of Christ as saviour should reconsider. It is of more importance than you are willing to admit to. Please do so? I don't beg you out of any sense of needing humiliation, I beg you out of love. And the clock is ticking...

But sadly, I know that many won't, it had been written.

[edit on 8/12/2005 by keybored]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
this saddens me greatly...i deont gto to church and such but ill tell ya god has saved my ass more than i can count and i thank him everyday for itr so i hope im not left down on earth when time comes.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
i am not a particuliarly reliogious person but i think the 10 will come from arab nations in the middle east. i think that the usa is not mentioned because we were already destroyed from the south.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I'll have to get a copy of this book.

Where will the ten nations come from? Europe

I am also happy to see you people express the same view I have held for years that America is not in the prophecy becasue there is no America.....
(is that sad for an American to say)?

Thanks for a good post!

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Pilot thread..

China produces,uses or stores 24000 billion barrels of oil?..

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Edit: never mind

[edit on 8/21/05 by FredT]

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Fred, he's not able to respond, but he did give the name of the book and the ISBN.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I read that book so long ago that I can't recall when I did it.
It must have been at least 15 years ago. I was wondering
if the author has updated it. What is the present copyright
date?

new topics

top topics

join