It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four Star General Fired For Organizing Coup Against Neo-Cons?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
i certainly hope someone of his rank is/was 'planning a coup'. if he was, maybe he isn't sitting in a cell somewhere because there are enough other 'like minded people' in high places to make the cell thing not happen.
once again we have another situation developing that has a WHOLE LOT of 'coincidences' involved.

"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way." -- Franklin D. Roosevelt

"There is a power so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so persuasive that prudent men had better not speak above their breath when they speak of it." -- Woodrow Wilson

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
"There is a power so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so persuasive that prudent men had better not speak above their breath when they speak of it." -- Woodrow Wilson

I'm glad someone's admitting the leader's of this country are pieces of #.

I hope these people in SC and surrounding area, vacate now!

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
its possible the general had sex with a politician's wife, mistress or daughter and thats why that politician wants his head.
, in anicase thats something to look at.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Thing that makes me wonder....why not do it quietly, like normal?
[edit on 11-8-2005 by edsinger]

Cause if they did it quietly everyone would wonder why he was quietly let go. They just can't win. If you announce why you are disciplining someone it has to be covering something up, if you just do it discreetly you have to be covering something up.

And it isn't so strange to be firing him for this kind of thing. All officers are held to a higher standard and anything above Lt. Colonel is a political type position. You can't earn it on merit. You don't get to be a general without a squeaky clean past and meeting exceptionally high standards of behavior as well as the public face you show.

As to the hopes that he will "leak" something top secret. I personally would hope that his integrity is high enough so that he will not disclose anything that he learned in a secure environment. If he does so he will be subject to very severe criminal charges. In order to get his security clearance he would have had to sign a non-disclosure agreement basically spanning the length of his life.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Wayne Madsen has a small piece on Gen. Byrnes

August 10, 2005 -- Sudden resignation of TRADOC Commander, Gen. There's much more to this story than a "sexual indiscretion."

What has not been reported is that recently, one of Byrnes' subordinate commands, Fort Rucker in Alabama, had been told to stand by for an influx of 50,000 military trainees -- a level the base has not seen since the Vietnam War.

Byrnes was also associated with a group of officers who spent time at the U.S. Army War College at Carlisle Barracks in Pennsylvania.

The Army War College has been a center of opposition to the war in Iraq and it is believed that Byrnes was recognized by the neo-cons as one of the unofficial leaders of a group of Army flag rank opponents of Bush's war in Iraq and potential military action against Iran.

www.waynemadsenreport.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marid Audran

Originally posted by edsinger
Thing that makes me wonder....why not do it quietly, like normal?
[edit on 11-8-2005 by edsinger]

Cause if they did it quietly everyone would wonder why he was quietly let go. They just can't win.
No, they cant win. When you have lies upon lies, twists, turns, conspiracies, irrationality, etc even the best liers get caught up in this huge web and sooner or later it all bites them in the butt. IMHO.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
Kinda funny we can hold a four star general to the UCMJ but not the CinC. One would think that since he is in charge of our armed forces (from a management pov at least) that he should set an example for the rest. And as for it not making sense to oust him in public it actually makes perfect sense; it sends a clear message to anyone else thinking of defying the status quo to reconsider their actions given what can befall a high ranking officer.

The CinC is not subject to the UCMJ, he's subject to civilian laws and courts. Only active members of the military are subject to the UCMJ IIRC.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

Why put so much work 2 when they could easily create a false story to discredit him.......Media buys anything these days.

Media doesn't buy it.

Media is paid to "report" it.

One Example:
NBC owned by GE
GE is a major government contractor

How can an entity exercise free speech that pertains to the same entity that pays the first entity?

Entity A reports on Entity B while Entity B pays $$$$ to Entity A????

That's like relying on a guard dog that gets its meals from the people robbing your house.

[edit on 08/12/71 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I'm a skeptic by nature so I'm having a hard time buying the conspiracy angle on this one but here's another unusal story involving a high ranking officer in the Air Force:

Air Force officer admits DIA vandalism

A lieutenant colonel in the U.S. Air Force has admitted to vandalizing cars bearing pro-President Bush bumper stickers at Denver International Airport.

Weird.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Looks like September 7'th is going to be an interesting day, i first thought about that date because it was 911 days after 3/11 which was 911 days after 9/11. It would have been worse for them to kill this General, he's 4 star so it wouldn't have been easy to make it look natural or accidental. This would have caused worse speculation especially if he has many friends in high places, attention they don't want.

He was fired because he found out what they were planning. Either he said he didn't want to be apart of it or said he won't let them get away with it and was fired. I am more worried about the possibility of nuclear war coming back into existance. They will probably throw the draft into the mix and start an all out attack on the entire middle east. Iran has a lot of oil and some say huge untapped oil reserves yet to be discovered.

I just want to finish College and move on with my life. I really don't want to become a crispy critter.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
One thing is for sure, the official story makes no sense.

You don't drum out a 4 star (or any star for that matter) over something as minor as this. Be sure of one thing, SOMETHING went down.

The weird thing is, I don't recall hearing that he was in any real position to be even involved with any kind of national training exercise.

He was the commander of Ft. Monroe, Va.

The base where Sudden Response '05 is to be held during the month of August.

He was also in charge of all Army schools, training, and recruiting.

His divorce was finalized on the same day he was removed from duty . . . but what seems even more surprising is that he was the commander of the base where this [drill] is to take place and then he is relieved of duty just days before the [drill] is to start?!

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
The CinC is not subject to the UCMJ, he's subject to civilian laws and courts. Only active members of the military are subject to the UCMJ IIRC.

That's not even true since you can't file a lawsuit against the President while he is in office. Lousey unaccountable no-good sons of....

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This guy who is replaced by Patraeus isn't about a coup. He was head of all training bases and America is planning something large - that he was uncomfortable with - gettin' the straight scoop on this story is gonna be like findin' Hoffa's carcass. Unca' Sam is rampin' up to go operational with something phat on Sept 7th.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
may i ask why september 7th?

ed. ?'s

[edit on 19-8-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
There are many things I believe to be possible, but this thread about the 4 Star General "retiring" (with a little shove out the door) because he knew too much, or he was organizing a night of "The Long Knives" is sheer nonsense.

First, he was not the post commander at Ft Monroe. That position is usually held by a Full Bird, and occasionally a 1 Star. He was in charge of Training Command... a climber position, BUT NOT one that would be in the know about a supposed Troy nuke. BTW, there are 3 and 4 stars running around with nothing to command, except a pencil.

Most likely the General was caught with his, uh, staff, uh, fraternizing with the private of a Corporal, or something like that. Just like the EX-Command Sgt Major of The Army did a few years ago when he was sexually harrassing his subordinates. A quicky divorce is ample proof of some Hanky Panky. Orrrrrrrrr, did you think that was part of his attempted coup punishment?

I see the conspiracy in many actions this administration takes, I think we need out of Iraq, and I think Bush is bad for the country.... but this theory about the General and a Coup is pure horse-radish.

[edit on 19-8-2005 by RubyRed]

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaCodeMonkey
Looks like September 7'th is going to be an interesting day, i first thought about that date because it was 911 days after 3/11 which was 911 days after 9/11. It would have been worse for them to kill this General, he's 4 star so it wouldn't have been easy to make it look natural or accidental. This would have caused worse speculation especially if he has many friends in high places, attention they don't want.

He was fired because he found out what they were planning. Either he said he didn't want to be apart of it or said he won't let them get away with it and was fired.

I agree...

Are they going to carry out this nuke drill on sept 7th??? What's thebig deal with the number 7 anyway??

i'm going to google his name maybe he has a blof or something

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
So what's going to happen when September 7th goes by with absolutely nothing happening? Is there going to be some other mysterious numerolgy date that appears suddenly? The general was fired because he violated the UCMJ, and deserved to be fired.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
So what's going to happen when September 7th goes by with absolutely nothing happening? Is there going to be some other mysterious numerolgy date that appears suddenly? The general was fired because he violated the UCMJ, and deserved to be fired.

Always is and always will be some doom's day. I actually wrote a thread about this like 2 years ago. Some people actually long for the "doom's day" as if it's going to be a "good change", or a "system shock", or something along those lines..

As long as people subconciously long (want) for a doom's day, there will always be people there to fill your mind with pleasure with nifty numerology, theories, and chaotic ends. And some even make a fancy living by profiting off them.

And as for numerology.. Everytime I see someone trying to jumble a bunch of numbers, dates, or anything else for that manner into some kind of prediction.. I get a little laugh inside.. because numerology has never, not once, predicted ANYTHING.. yet.. people still try to twist numbers into some kind of prediction. It's like they're beating the dead horse.. hoping that some day, they may get lucky and something will happen.. and then they can flaunt how the "numbers" told the story..

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I pulled this from CNNs site...

WASHINGTON (AP) -- In an extraordinary move, the Army sacked a four-star general who was the subject of a Defense Department investigation into alleged sexual misconduct, an official said Tuesday.

Gen. Kevin P. Byrnes, commander of Army Training and Doctrine Command, was approaching retirement when the decision to relieve him of duty was made by the Army chief of staff, Gen. Peter Schoomaker.

The Army announced no specific allegation against Byrnes, but a senior official said it involved unspecified sexual misconduct. The official spoke only on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the allegation.

Hmmmm...the guy aint makin a storm or anything....maybe theres a grain of truth to it???

source: CNN

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Adultery is against the UCMJ. He commited adultery. Shouldn't our general officers be held to a higher standard?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join