It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Earth Battalion/ Prject Jedi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
'm not sure if there is already a thread on these guys, there was a show about them in the UK on not too long ago (this year) called "The men who stare at goats". It was an idea developed after Vietnam by this special forces US guy, Jim Channon who was upset about the amount of casulties and tactics, so they would use "good vibes" to win war.

They were suppose to be able to do these:

1. Be able to walk into a room and know every detail instantly
  2. Enhanced intuition, sensing the possible intentions or positions of an enemy
  3. Invisibility, or the ability to move around in a stealthy manner without being noticed
  4. Influencing other biological forms with the intent of your mind

Apparently they could also stare at a goat and kill it and some people have seen this happen. I'm not sure if they were disbanded (probably officially). Anyone know of any other projects like this?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Sounds cool... Wonder how they'd get it to work properly...?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'd love to have that ability to use on some people. This kinda reminds me of the game Psi-Ops my brother always lays. Using the mind as a weapon? I guess that would be pretty cool warfare.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
There's alot of info out on these guys. Most of it is conspirecy based. Here's a google search that I'm sure will give you all you need to know about them...

www.google.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Always be nice to the Goat and the goat might show you a trick or two

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I've heard a little about "The Men Who Stare At Goats" and I think it was from This Thread. Anyways, I thought I dig up that thread for those interestd.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Well the thing is, it was a new kind of warfare where no-one was suppose to get hurt. They also had an idea about sending the soldiers in with relaxing new age music and offer the people a lamb as a sign of peace.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Also, there's an older ATS thread on this subject:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I have read a little bit about the so called Project Jedi with its ties to Silva Mind Control and NLP and Martial Arts. Psy War as opposed to Real Flesh Wars in one degree I sense. We already have high tech weaponry to subdue people so why not. Psychic Effects are far cheaper that posh high cost Electromagnetic Effects, the Mind is the most effective tool a soldier could use.
Look at propaganda and availability of media feeds, with the use of scratch editing. Now we have taken warfare to the extents of what we can call Low Intestity Conflicts where the UN Peace Keepers can clean up hopefully.
We do not need the horrors of atomic warfare anymore it is too envoirenmentally destructive, even Neutron Bombings may seem too toxic. I don't know what the use of Electromagnetic Puses would appear like to disable nation's comms effectively. Surely the best way forward as opposed to full on blood and carnage.

[edit on 26-8-2005 by castlesonair]

new topics

top topics

join