It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firm Offers 'Trip Around The Moon' For $100,000,000

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

A US firm that has already sent two wealthy space tourists into orbit is now offering a trip around the moon.

Virginia-based Space Adventures was on Wednesday unveiling a deal with Russian space officials for the $100m voyage.

Link To Full Story!

Woo Hoo, i want to go to the Moon...

Please send any donations to the 'Send MickeyDee to the Moon' foundation to.....

1 Mickey Street,
Mickey Ville,
Mickey County,
Mickey Land,
MD11 MIC

Mic

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Well considering they already have sent up two people I can't wait till they accomplish this feat. 100 million the circle the moon is very cheap price as it stands right now it takes Governments Billions to do such a thing. How they are gonna do it with current technology I have no clue but we'll have to wait and see i guess.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
$100,000,000? A bit pricy if you ask me, so I'll pass. I wait until the technology gets better, it will go down in price by then.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
$100,000,000? cheap if you consider the number of $billions NASA has pissed down the drain trying to get people to LEO.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I've heard about this company before.

I've always found it amusing that a US-based company is going straight to the RUSSIAN Souyez vessel for its vehicle.

It's almost as if they took a look at NASA, said "Those vehicles are crap" and went to Russia instead.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Well if they will take a cheque I will go, of course the cheque will be following all the way to the moon as it bounces.

But really would be a trip of a lifetime.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
If I had the money I would buy a ticket today

come on lottery!

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by obsidian468

I've always found it amusing that a US-based company is going straight to the RUSSIAN Souyez vessel for its vehicle.

It's almost as if they took a look at NASA, said "Those vehicles are crap" and went to Russia instead.

Now you know untill recently everything built in the US sucks.

Why do you think everything here says Made in Insert Country Here.

jra

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by obsidian468

They went to the Soyuz because it was designed to be able to get to the moon and back. Unlike the Shuttle, which is only designed to be an orbiter and nothing more. It has nothing to do with the Shuttle being crap. Yes it's old and needs to go, but it's not crap, it's just limited.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
100,000,000 you're out of your freaking mind.

Trust me there are better ways of spending that kind of money, besides it's not like youre going to be hanging out on the holodeck of the enterprise, your going to be slinging through space in a tiny tube.

For a couple million you could make a totally immersive moon simulator for your summer compound (let's face it if you've got a hundred million to throw away for a sling shot ride to the moon you've got at least one compound).

I say wait for the price to drop, the luxuries to go up and a place to stay when you get there.

A trip to the moon is like a four hundred movie flight, that's crazy.

IMO of course,

Spiderj

[edit on 8/11/2005 by Spiderj]

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   
nice, but who the hell would have the money to do that... OK Paris Hilton, but she could only do taht 4.5 times, andthen she would be as poor as the rest of us...

[edit on 11-8-2005 by Figher Master FIN]

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
What's the chance of all of us here at ATS pulling our resources to buy Paris Hilton a ticket, one way of course.

Thats only fifty million.

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Hehe, when I saw this thread I thought that is was a veiled NASA Tourism agency looking for suckas. $100,000,000 Bah! I'll bet $10 that Virgin Galactic gets it done waaaaay under that but within the next decade for civilians. Burt Rutan to the crowd lining the runway after Spaceship One won the Ansari X Prize, " I'll bet that there are 18,000 employees at NASA that are dying to get a ride like that!." Crowd roars......

[edit on 12-8-2005 by Defragger]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The reason that they went with the Russian probe is not because the US's stuff is junk, but because Russia's space program is pretty much bankrupt. They'll do anything for money, even slingshot some tourist around the Moon for 100M.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
If someone really wanted to go to the moon then they could just learn astral projection, instead of spending $100,000,000.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   

ThichHeaded
Now you know untill recently everything built in the US sucks.

Why do you think everything here says Made in Insert Country Here.

Are you that brain dead? seriously, I want to know.

As for the people here with a working brain, they know damn well why the majoritry of things say made in China, Taiwan, Thailand, or Mexico. MONEY. Its cheaper to build it there because the people who build it get payed far less then if they built in in the US. So its cheaper for the company to build a factory there and build there products there and ship it to the US then it is to just build it here in the first place. Its simple economics...well...it looks like you picked you name right.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Anyway, back to the thread............

$100 million is pretty cheap considering you bypass years of study, flight hours, intense training........ then you have to be picked for the mission, if your lucky.

Buying your way there works for me.

Not that I'll be going soon, when trips cost $29.95 I'll go.

I think these Shiek / Oil Overlords should go and make it cheap for everyone, but then again, why would they help anyone but themselves.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Suppose this will seem silly..but, give the safety confines of a planetarium. Iwould be happy getting to Orbit or the Moon or Mars that way until way-after the first few flights above our atmosphere..

Dallas

new topics

top topics

join