First a blackout in the US, now UK = Something fishy

page: 1
0

log in

join

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
LONDON, England -- Hundreds of thousands of passengers were trapped on the London Underground and thousands of others took to the streets as a power outage struck the city during evening rush hour Thursday

www.cnn.com...

What the hell is going on? This is VERY strange.

[Edited on 28-8-2003 by Hyperspace]




posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Delete this post...there is already a thread on this see UK power cut.

Look before you POST!!!!!



posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hyperspace
LONDON, England -- Hundreds of thousands of passengers were trapped on the London Underground and thousands of others took to the streets as a power outage struck the city during evening rush hour Thursday

www.cnn.com...

What the hell is going on? This is VERY strange.

[Edited on 28-8-2003 by Hyperspace]



bugaboo!

its aliens! run for your life!


:::walks off laughing hysterically:::



posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Good try, but this topic is already being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...




posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
one happened here too, in finland over the last week end. were off for 30mins to an hour i think.



posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lukefj
Delete this post...there is already a thread on this see UK power cut.

Look before you POST!!!!!


That thread is just about the fact that UK power is cut; this thread is about how this seems strange.

...=Something fishy

[Edited on 28-8-2003 by Hyperspace]



posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The power is supposedly back on now, so it's nothing more than just a mechanical fault in a power unit.



posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hyper,

It still belongs in the same thread, there is mention of it being fishy in the previous thread as well. no need for a new topic thread. It is redundant and to be blunt, annoying. 10 different threads on the same topic with slight variations is silly. I don't intend to be insulting, but for the benefit of the board it is better to keep information on one topic, in one thread. It's much more useful and easier to scan for info.

Luke



posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrEisenhower
The power is supposedly back on now, so it's nothing more than just a mechanical fault in a power unit.


But if something else caused it do you think they would have said it? or just tried to cover it so that no mass panic comes?



posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lukefj
Hyper,

It still belongs in the same thread, there is mention of it being fishy in the previous thread as well. no need for a new topic thread. It is redundant and to be blunt, annoying. 10 different threads on the same topic with slight variations is silly. I don't intend to be insulting, but for the benefit of the board it is better to keep information on one topic, in one thread. It's much more useful and easier to scan for info.

Luke


[Sarcasm]I'm sorry, I didn't know you are a mod now[/Sarcasm]



posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'm not a mod, but I am not a careless thread creator either.

just trying to assist in keeping ATS great. Sorry you didn't want to consider constructive criticism.

Continue your pointless creations.



posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lukefj
I'm not a mod, but I am not a careless thread creator either.

just trying to assist in keeping ATS great. Sorry you didn't want to consider constructive criticism.

Continue your pointless creations.


And you can continue your pointless harassment.



posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Sorry *sarcasm*,

Didn't know criticism and posting opinion on a post and it's relevance, and concerns regarding proper location was considered harassment.

I will cease at this point, but I suggest you consider if a new thread was appropriate in this case.

Peace,
Luke



posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
i think it should be a mod who decides if a thread is useless, if members start saying what is and what isnt necessary it becomes a flamewar like this.

and lukefj, if you really wanted to keep ATS a better place then why on earth did you keep on posting after your " contsructive critisism".

now lets just wait and let a mod decide.



posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Swordmaster,

You are right. I have U2U'd Hyperspace personally apologizing for my attack. I now formally apologize to everyone for essentially destroying this thread with the discussion of it's appropriateness.

Sorry.

I don't want to be known as a thread hijacker, which is what I ahve done here.

*slaps wrist*

Peace,
Luke



posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It's ironic. The more you argue over the validity of this post, the further to the top of the list you push it.

*looks at own post* D'oh!



posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   
After rethinking things, I realize the Lukefj is in the right...and I am wrong.

This thread should have never been started.

Lukefj I apologize.





new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join