It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Purported Al-Qaida Video Threatens Troops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
A video recently released by Al-Qaida shows militants including Arabs, Europeans and others in Afghanistan preparing themselves to attack US forces. The video also shows men packing explosives into bombs and a laptop which they claim is 'US Military'.

abcnews.go.com
The video, parts of which have been shown by Al-Arabiya television, including a segment aired Tuesday, features interviews with a masked man yelling "As you bomb us, you will be bombed!" and shows a group of men packing explosives into bombs.

The three-part video, titled "The War of the Oppressed People," depicts what appears to be a few months in the lives of a group of fighters in wilderness camps in the Afghan mountains.

In one scene, the tape claims al-Qaida was responsible for shooting down a U.S. Chinook helicopter, killing all 16 American troops on board.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Why are videos like this allowed to be aired?

I believe in freedom of speech but sometimes i think it would be right for the US to stand in and close down ANY website broadcasting videos and tape recordings of this nature.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Dang it you beat me to it!
I was trying to get a couple of shots of the video or even a link to add to my submission.
Oh Well, If I can find it, I will add it to yours

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
What would be gained by supressing this kind of news story? Should we censor our news stories like that? If we allowed the government to do that just exactly how is the truth better served?

News like this is simply showing you what the insurgents think. They are not asking you to sign up to the jihad. What exactly is the damage?

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Just found this also.....

Arab television has broadcast a video showing a masked militant with an apparent Australian accent criticising British Prime Minister Tony Blair over Iraq.

An Aussie voice???

Link To Full Story!

Mic

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Nice find there Mic

Still looking for pix and video to back up the author's submission

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I posted this a few days ago with a couple of screencaps and a link to the video:
Al Qaeda video from Afghanistan 8-5-2005

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Thanks AceofBase.
I am still looking but those pix are good.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Just Recieved By u2u
A contributor voting NO on your submission: (submission) (war) Purported Al-Qaida Video Threatens Troops has indicated they did so because they feel your story may be too biased for ATSNN.

Could the sender of the above u2u please explain where the 'bias' comments are in the introduction to this submission!

Mic

new topics

top topics

join