It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devastated Mother Camps Out In Front Of Bush Crawford Ranch - Waiting To Confront The President

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I am so proud of Cindy Sheehan, a mother who lost her son to the war in Iraq has been camping out along the road the the Bush ranch in Crawford, demanding to see the president in person to demand an explaination as to why her son is dead, why he lied to the people about the war.

She doesn't really expect the president to come out, but she is happy to be getting the word out on the mainstream news that the war was based on lies, she is doing her best to let the whole country know how we have been truly lied to.

She says she plans on staying until she either gets to see the president, or she gets arrested. In the meantime, she is doing everything she can to spread the truth to the mainstream public.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I am sorry for her loss, but now is time for a reality check. When you join the military, you may be asked to fight and maybe die at abytime-it is the nature of the job.

This is no different than a copbeing killed in the line of duty (save for it happened here)-no one forced they to get or keep that job.

Another point that bothers me-the US has lost -had killed-less than 2k people since the war started-that is nothing for a war. Google how many men we lost in Korea and Vietnam.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
the submitter should also include her original statements after meeting the president, instead of her all of a sudden 'current' attitude.

It appears that she has had a total reversal of her experience and comments she previously made.

So the question actually is......what or who will gain from her current actions?

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by noosnomrm
I am sorry for her loss, but now is time for a reality check. When you join the military, you may be asked to fight and maybe die at abytime-it is the nature of the job.

This is no different than a copbeing killed in the line of duty (save for it happened here)-no one forced they to get or keep that job.

Another point that bothers me-the US has lost -had killed-less than 2k people since the war started-that is nothing for a war. Google how many men we lost in Korea and Vietnam.

Thing is this war is based on lies.

The government(s) went to war on a dodgy dossier. I understand the troops sign up to the military giving their life. That is besides the point, troops have died for nothing.

I Personally think it would have been easier to just assassinate saddam.

I hope cindy gets to speak to to GW and Bliar. More than enough people knows they were wrong to go to war

~Peace
~

[edit on 9/8/05 by Hunting Veritas]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hunting Veritas
I Personally think it would have been easier to just assassinate saddam.

~Peace
~

easier said than done. CIA cant even assasinate Fidel just from 90 miles away from the mainland.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This lady is a fraud. She has already had a meeting with President Bush. Why is nobody calling her on this fact?

How can she picket demanding a meeting with the President when she already had one?

www.drudgereport.com...

Cindy Sheehan, you are a fraud. You may think your son died for nothing. But he truly died for a noble cause, and he would be ashamed of your actions. You had your meeting with Bush, and you left satisfied, what is your problem now?

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
To date less American Soldiers have been killed in Iraq than the number of Americans killed during 9/11. More Americans are killed on the highways in this country every year than were killed in Vietnam. More Americans are murdered by fellow Americans every year in this country than have died in Iraq. More Firemen and Police Officers die in the line of duty every year than the number that have died in Iraq. The chances of you being murdered or dying in a car crash on the way home from work today are 100 times greater than your chances of dying in combat. Bush lied? Name one politician in this country that hasn't lied or stretched the truth to get what they want. If you don't want to place your life in jeopardy then you don't take hazardous jobs. It comes with the territory. This is the very reason I don't jump out of planes or climb rock cliffs. Soldiers have only one job, one reason to even exist and that is to fight our countries battles. Thats it, period. When a person dies it is always very sad, especially to the family. When you sign the dotted line, take the oath and put on that uniform, it is understood that the day my come when you will be called upon to make the final sacrifice. This soldiers mother is upset, just as I would be if it were my son. But the young man made a mature decision to join an all volunteer military. The President of the United States has a constistutional duty to protect America in everyway possible. He had every right, no he had an obligation to send troops in response to any conceived threat after 9/11. If he had not you and everyone else here would be clammering for his head, just as you do now saying it is an illegal war, that Bush is a liar and he stole the election. This kind of rhetoric gives aide to the enemy. I for one voted for Bush, not once but twice and I would vote for him again if he could run. I don't want to wait for some wacked out Muslem radical wearing a suicide belt to set next to me at Bojangles and blow me and my chicken dinner all to hell before somebody grows balls in this country. There were fewer Americans killed at Pearl Harbor than died on 9/11, and Pearl Harbor lead us into WW2. We have to fight them, whether you want to or not. They want leave us in peace and haven't since 1979. So you'll just have to get over it! Don't worry though there are plenty of Americans willing to do your fighting for you so don't give it another thought.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
This lady is a fraud. She has already had a meeting with President Bush. Why is nobody calling her on this fact?

How can she picket demanding a meeting with the President when she already had one?

www.drudgereport.com...

Hi, I started the thread, and had no idea that she had really already met with the president. I saw her on the morning news for the first time, (I've been avoiding a lot of mainstream news lately, so I guess that's why Ihad not heard of her before) and the reason I was so proud of her, was not the fact that she had lost a son and was moaning and groaning about it. I truly believed that while she might have liked to confront the president, her main goal IMO was to do her best to get the word out, the words that we very rarely hear on mainstream TV, such as, "The war was based on lies", and the fact that everyone else's child dying over there was NOT dying for a noble cause, but over a lie.

However, now that I read your post and find that she had already met with the president, which she quite conveniently left out when I saw her, now sort of nullifies the whole thing in my view. Her very being there and saying what she was saying was based on her own lies. Now, she is only a coward, hiding behind her son's death. How sad.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It's called evidence.
Despite the fascists who would support Bush if he started filling the internment camps in the US ( that he's already paid KBR to build), reasonable people change opinions based on evidence - it's been proven that Iraq had no part in 9/11, that the administration planned Iraq's invasion from the day they were installed and that all WMD claims to Congress & to the public were either highly doctored of completely fabricated.
Bush deserves much more than picketing & yes, this woman has a right to demand an audience with the boy-king.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Some more people are getting behind Cindy,

Military Families to Join Cindy Sheehan in Crawford

Military Families to Join Cindy Sheehan in Crawford
US Newswire

Tuesday 09 August 2005

Gold Star and military families from across country on their way to Texas.
Crawford, Texas - More members of Gold Star Families for Peace (GSFP) and Military Families Speak Out (MFSO) are traveling to Texas to join the protest outside of President Bush's ranch in Crawford, Texas, where he is vacationing for the month of August.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Yeah, man, imagine that.. changing one's mind based on new information.. like information proving this adminstration lied through its teeth re: WMD. Go figure.

Que up the banjos....

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberKat

Originally posted by Carseller4

www.drudgereport.com...

Hi, I started the thread, and had no idea that she had really already met with the president......but the reason I was so proud of her, was not the fact that she had lost a son and was moaning and groaning about it. I truly believed that while she might have liked to confront the president, her main goal IMO was to do her best to get the word out, the words that we very rarely hear on mainstream TV, such as, "The war was based on lies", and the fact that everyone else's child dying over there was NOT dying for a noble cause, but over a lie.

However, now that I read your post and find that she had already met with the president.........sort of nullifies the whole thing in my view. Her very being there and saying what she was saying was based on her own lies. Now, she is only a coward, hiding behind her son's death. How sad.

Carseller4, I am now sorry that I made this post in response to your post. I should have researched your link a little better. It has become obvious that she is not a fraud, but that her new, current feelings are based on information that has come out since the time she lost her son. Much information which leads to the fact that the president was not honest about the war. He mislead her son, and everyone who at first believed that they were doing a noble thing for their country.

It seems to me that she is not looking for attention for her own self, but is trying her best to speak the truth, and hopefully save somebody else's son or daughter before it gets any later in this sick scheme being played out by monsters who are using innocent young people who only want to to good by their country. There is nothing noble about dying for the lies that benefit not the country, but the regime that is running it. Apparently others believe she speaks the truth also, or they wouldn't be crossing the country in larger numbers each day to join her.

And, this is only my opinion, but, it seems awfully fishy that after over 3 years has passed after the attacks on the WTC, and at the same time that a growing number of people are camped outside GWB's ranch crying, "Liar!" That this "never-seen-before" footage of the tragic events of that day are suddenly brought to the attention of the country, in what appears to be a very desperate attempt at diverting the attention away from the truth, and hoping that by dredging up the events of 9/11, the public will suddenly remember the first reason given for the war, and he might save face. Not likely.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Cindy Sheehan is a disgrace to herself, her family, her nation and the memory of her son.

www.drudgereport.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Cindy Sheehan is a disgrace to herself, her family, her nation and the memory of her son.

www.drudgereport.com...

Well if the aunt and godmother support the war in Iraq it must be a noble cause.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Well if the aunt and godmother support the war in Iraq it must be a noble cause.

But, of course, if Cindy Sheehan does not support the war, then it cannot be a noble cause.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yorga
Bush lied? Name one politician in this country that hasn't lied or stretched the truth to get what they want.

So that makes it right? Yeah....Nixon lied also...what happened to him? So, once one politician has lied and gotten away with it...we should just look the other way and say "oh, well all politicians lie? Sorry...but I can't live in a Country where people actually think like this....come on people....do you have a brain...or any cognitive thinking whatsoever?

edit....ment to say i can't live in a Country......

[edit on 14-8-2005 by MacMerdin]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   
The "Drudge Report" is a very "Right Wing", conservative biased column that basically reflects only the opinions held by Matt Drudge. It is not exactly anything that ought to be used to base any sort of factual information on.

Also, "Cindy Sheehan" as an individual should (IMO) be complemented for her dedication to her beliefs and to doing what most mainstream journalists here in tehe U.S. have not done. That is telling the story from the other side. We have all heard the "Party line" version of the war, told to us through mainstream media. Rarely do we hear that side along with the side that Cindy is representing.

She is not a bad person. She is simply standing up for what she believes in, as well as trying to prevent others from falling into the same trap as her son did. She is not wallowing in her misery. If you would rather wrap yourself up in an American flag and pretend that all is well with the reason for the war, the way it is being handled, etc.... then fine. But there is no reason to criticize others for having a mind of their own.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I feel bad for her and every person that has lost a loved one to war. I doubt the President can meet with each and every family but under these circumstances the media event would dictate that he should. If her plan is to just yell at the President than I see no purpose in meeting but if she wants to talk then he should take a few moments.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
@ CyberKat

The Drudge Report always scoops the major media. I have seen it so many times in the past, Drudge reports something then 2 or 3 days later the media picks up on it. Most likely after they see it on Drudge.

The major media never investigates news anymore. They wait for it to break then they report (spin) on it.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
More crap about Cindy, good or bad think what you want, but while America is watching the new dog and pony show what is happing in Washington what are the Neo-Cons up to while you aren't looking.
Rove and crew getting ready to leave the country I wounder?

Zionist 'Attack Dogs' Savage Cindy Sheehan

Matt Drudge went national and told the world that he got an e-mail from Cindy Sheehan's 'Auntie Mamme' and basically the email said that the Grand Dame, Uncle Fester, Cousin Jethro, and Grandma Kettle considered Cindy a disgrace.

Oddly, none of the relatives know anything about this. can be found at bottom of page.

[edit on 14/8/2005 by Sauron]

<<   2 >>

join