It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archive of U.S. Bombings, Invasions and Occupations of Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I ran across this website as I was searching for something else and I wanted to post it here for those who are interested in some of the activity there that we don't see or hear about. It's an excellent site put out by the Colorado Compaign for Middle East Peace detailing the history of the bombings in Iraq. There are many pictures and links to stories and news articles along the timeline of our wars in Iraq, going back to 1992.

It's worth a look.
US Bombing Watch

I don't know if this thread is in the right place. The mods like to move my threads around to keep me on my toes.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yeah, pretty informative, eh?
Seems that a host of anti-war sites have it linked....

seekerof

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
IS there somethine wrong with being "anti war"? Seems to me to be the logical stance.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I don't know what your point is, if you're being sarcastic or what.

It's obviously not a Pro-war site. But we DON'T see this side of the war very often. It's real - it's happening every day. It's as real as anything else out there. There's truth here, for those who seek it.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
maybe u can post up a thread on Iraq's invasion, occupation of Kuwait as well Benevolent. that should help even things up.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Passer By
IS there somethine wrong with being "anti war"? Seems to me to be the logical stance.

Not at all, however, Many people take that anti-war thing a bit far and cross the line between anti-war and anti-american, its one thing to say no to all wars, however the anti-americans completely ignor the atrocities of other countries and shift all there focus on the united states, alone as if the united states is the root of all evil to which no dictator or terrorist can rival.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by C0le]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

as posted by Benevolent Heretic
But we DON'T see this side of the war very often

You must be kidding me?!

As long as I have been here, topics within this forum, among a number of others, have revolved around this war and being heavily slanted towards/from the anti-war perspective and take.
You might want to browse thru this forums archives and then goto PTS and browse thru some of the political discussions to be had there.

As for my mention, it was merely a stated observation.
Question: if your offended by my use of anti-war, and you are against the war, whats the problem with the use of anti-war?

seekerof

[edit on 8-8-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le

Originally posted by Passer By

Not at all, however, Many people take that anti-war thing a bit far and cross the line between anti-war and anti-american, its one thing to say no to all wars, however the anti-americans completely ignor the atrocities of other countries and shift all there focus on the united states, alone as if the united states is the root of all evil to which no dictator or terorist can rival.

Far ball, but where is that line? Is anti-war and anti-american even in the same spectrum? If America, or any nation, breaks laws, wages illegal wars, and tramples of peoples rights - calling them on it is not being anti anything. Anymore than saying that Islam bares some responsibility on Islamic fanatic's.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Seeker, I’m not at all offended by your use of anti-war, I was merely confused as to what point you were making. As it happens, I’m not anti-war. I think war can serve a very useful and even peaceful purpose. I think there are times when war has been the only reasonable action.

I’ve been on this site exactly one month. I haven’t read through all the threads, nor do I intend to. This war is still happening. Now. Today. I ran across this site and found it so comprehensive, I posted it for others to see. Not to further my agenda (I don’t really need to do that) but to inform people who might be interested and make it available for further reference.

I’m not claiming that this site is all encompassing of all wars (deltaboy), I simply said it shows the side of this war that we don’t hear about or see on TV. There is a complete picture here and we see much of the ‘more pleasant’ side of things. In my experience, it’s kind of hard to find out what’s going on over there right now unless it's filtered through sources I don't trust. Feel free to post sites about other wars. I’m interested in the present.

C0le, I’m not anti-war, I’m anti-THIS-war and I’m pro-American and anti-Bush administration. I’m pro-Constitution. Does that put me in enough little compartments for you? 'Cause I've got more.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I’m interested in the present.

u be surprised how many other wars are goin on besides Iraq. im surprise that u didnt know there are other conflicts goin on. tsk tsk.
not to mention u are interested in the present wen u post up archives of U.S. actions on Iraq as well that goes back to 92.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by deltaboy]

top topics

join