It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Freemason logo a trademark?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Why the @#$^% would anyone want to pass themselves off as a Freemason? Do you guys get a discount at Great Clips or something?

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
hmmm that is an interesting question, why would he want to put himself off as a freemason? i suppose there could be many reasons...maybe he's just looking for attention, maybe he wants to feel like he's got friends here he woulndt normally have...i guess we'll have to ask him.

well talk to y'all later, i gotta go get my haircut now. LOL

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Why the @#$^% would anyone want to pass themselves off as a Freemason? Do you guys get a discount at Great Clips or something?

Perhaps he has a bone to pick with Masonry, and by posing as a Freemason (at least in the eyes of some) it would give him credibility; then when he "confirms" that Freemasons are part of the NWO, or that Sacred Geometry plays an important part in Freemasonry, or that there are sexual practices and magick involved in Masonry (all claims he has made here), or perhaps that there is a "horde of angry Freemason wizards" at his disposal to "cast spells" on people, then those who don't know any better will be duped into believing such nonsense because and only because he claims to be a member.

Just a thought.

df1

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman

Sacred Geometry plays an important part in Freemasonry...

Brother or soon to be Brother,

I would tread carefully with regard to the relationship between sacred geometry and Freemasonry as I believe that I could make a strong arguement in support of this position.

The Grand Lodge of Manitoba has the following books on the subject in their Masonic Resource Centre:

Architecture & Sacred Geometry
The Stone Puzzle of Rosslyn Chapel-Phillip Coppens
The Art & Architecture of Freemasonry- Prof. James Steven Curl
The Secret Zodiacs of Washington DC- was the city of stars planned by Masons?- David Ovason
Sacred Geometry -Robert Lawlor
Sacred Architecture- A.T. Mann
Restorations of Masonic Geometry and Symbolism- Henry P.H. Bromwell
The New Jerusalem- Rebuilding London: The Great Fire, Christopher Wren and the Royal Society- Adrian Gilbert

www.grandlodge.mb.ca...

[edit on 10-8-2005 by df1]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1

Originally posted by The Axeman

Sacred Geometry plays an important part in Freemasonry...

Brother or soon to be Brother,

I would tread carefully with regard to the relationship between sacred geometry and Freemasonry as I believe that I could make a strong arguement in support of this position.

Alright, I stand corrected. Thanks for setting it straight.

Thanks for the reading list, too; I'm sure I'm not the only one who is grateful for that.

(Soon to be, BTW
)

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1

But what kind of argument would that be? If you are stating that Geometry has been used to develop the symbolism and allegory of the Craft, then you would indeed have a strong argument. But if you are stating that Geometry ITSELF, it's principles and properties, is important to Freemasonry and its teaching, then, IMO, I don't think you would have much to support it.

The Grand Lodge of Manitoba has the following books on the subject in their Masonic Resource Centre:

Architecture & Sacred Geometry
The Stone Puzzle of Rosslyn Chapel-Phillip Coppens
The Art & Architecture of Freemasonry- Prof. James Steven Curl
The Secret Zodiacs of Washington DC- was the city of stars planned by Masons?- David Ovason
Sacred Geometry -Robert Lawlor
Sacred Architecture- A.T. Mann
Restorations of Masonic Geometry and Symbolism- Henry P.H. Bromwell
The New Jerusalem- Rebuilding London: The Great Fire, Christopher Wren and the Royal Society- Adrian Gilbert

I actually purchased The Art & Architecture of Freemasonry by Prof. James Steven Curl (just last weekend!) and, must say, it is an EXCELLENT book to add to any masonic library, although it does contain a lot of sections which, in my opinion, don't apply to Freemasonry as much as the author might have liked. In any case, it does go extensively into how Freemasonry has been both affected by and affected architecture and art, and has GREAT full-color and B&W photos and art pieces, including tracing boards, aprons, symbols, etc. There is not, however, too much mention or specifics put on Geometry.

[edit on 10-8-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Allow me to confirm, Architecture, Geometry and Masonry are linked , and the bond is pretty strong.

Here is an excerpt from companion degree (2nd degree) masonic education, kindly provided by the grand lodge of vancouver. (freemasonry.bcy.ca...) It has to do with the different kinds of columns.

Ionic

Doric

Corinthian

Tuscan

Composite

And here is phi, of the golden mean represented

So who is the expert who was claiming that ''holy geometry'' is not a masonic subject of study?

[edit on 10-8-2005 by moonchild]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join