It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plan for earth evacuation???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Every time I watch Discovery I see how dangerous our world is. We could die any moment and the whole human race will be erased. There are dangers of meteorites, gigantic vulcanos, melting of the poles and causing a flood, pole switching where the magnetic fields of the poles switch which can cause big problems etc. etc.
So my question is: Do we have a (Top secret) plan made by our government for evacuation to a different planet or special facilitys on earth? Let this go through your mind that the human race will be completely erased and all this (inventing technology)was for nothing. Does anyone have information on an evacuation plan??

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I know that at this juncture, I would be genuninely surprized to find I am one of the "chosen few", as I haven't received any guidelines as to what to pack.

Unless one of the naughty women has hidden them from me.

My gut feel is there is no formal evacuation plan, but there are bunker and tunnel systems in parts of the USA that are far more complex than anything ever seen in Vietnam, Iraq or Afghanistan.

In truth, though, holocaust in the US is not survivable, and the new cradle of civilization will be on another continent.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by StalkingPanther
Every time I watch Discovery I see how dangerous our world is. We could die any moment and the whole human race will be erased.

I THINK THAT WILL BE A BLESSED RELIEF

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 03:29 AM
link   
blessed relief for who? us or the planet?

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daystar
blessed relief for who? us or the planet?

Probably the handful that would make it through.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 07:32 AM
link   
i believe there is an evac plan,it is happen before somewhere in canada,china,and other part of this world.
this evac plan has been worked in by some alien.that plan still going on until 2012 i believe it.
but with the secret black GOV of US i think this evac plan already took part a long time ago but to where the planets it is unknown to me

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I wouldnt bother joining the evac i'd just kill myself.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I don't believe that any Government would evacuate everyone, it would be just too expensive and be a waste of resources.

The government would have a select group of scientists and those whos genes are of a high caliber. I doubt anyone on this board would be evacuated, nor some of those working for government.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by StalkingPanther
Every time I watch Discovery I see how dangerous our world is. We could die any moment and the whole human race will be erased. There are dangers of meteorites, gigantic vulcanos, melting of the poles and causing a flood, pole switching where the magnetic fields of the poles switch which can cause big problems etc. etc.

Actually, none of those (with the exception of an asteroid strike larger than we've ever seen before) is enough to take out the entire human race -- or even most of it. The last time the poles flipped, nothing happened. The last time the ice caps melted (this is a VERY slow process), animals just drifted to the higher grounds. Life went on.

Volcanos -- well, very few people died when Mt. St. Helens blew its top. In a previous era, such things did kill hundreds (and occasionally thousands) of people and wildlife but it affected a relatively small area.

An asteroid? If it shattered the Earth, nobody would survive. Anything less, and you'd find out just what a survivor the "tech ape" is.

So my question is: Do we have a (Top secret) plan made by our government for evacuation to a different planet or special facilitys on earth?

We have plans to move government officials (plans of varying levels, depending on the government.) The funny thing will be that the evacuation includes all the important MEN (not women) and possibly their families if it's convenient.

So you'll have a gazillion old guys and almost no women.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   
yeah all the important people would be saved theres no way any of us would be it would be all politicians and lawyers...which means were better off so what if the world is going to implode with us on it

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

The last time the poles flipped, nothing happened.

Thats not quite true, the last time this happened, studies have shown massive Volcanic Activity during the same period of Magnetic Shift. They could test this by looking at a large sample of volcanic rock, at the bottom, the rocks magnetic field pointed to the correct corresponding pole. Going up this face of the rock the poles were setting in different positions until it eventually set to Todays present magnetic setting.

The period of time showed an extemely high amount of Volcanic Activity enough to cause mass destruction.

Also the switching poles causes the Earths Magnetic Field to become much weaker, allowing the Earth to be affected more by Solar Flares and the like, this also can seriously affect Earths population.

The Switching of Poles is a very major event as research has shown.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Looks like some one is going to try rescue us !!!!!

business.gorge.net...

Developing Our Space Settlements...
Outline and Overview of the Plans for Our KIC Star-Colonies Project

While the nay-sayers scoff that Mankind will ever reach the Stars, We at KoReY are fast at work putting together a Program for the establishement of Space Settlements on the planets of other Stars. (And these Star-Colonies will eventually grow into Our Astarian Nation.)
This KoReY Interstellar Colonization (K.I.C>) Project (along with Our Project Space Ark) is a VERY ambitious undertaking, as well as a tremendously dramatic engineering program. Certainly one of the Biggest ever attempted by Mankind. (And perhaps secondary only to the original Noah's Ark, itself?) Consequently, we do not expect it to be done overnight, but have set forth 4 phases to be pursued for its eventual completion. (For the rescuing of as many humans as we can from the coming destruction of the Planet Earth.)

IT GETS WORSE

business.gorge.net...

[Edited on 28-8-2003 by asala]

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I will be evacuated along witht he rest of the Freeman clan, lol. There are plans in place for safety, but not complete evacuation of earth. The plans will allow the evacuees to survive for several years underground, without surfacing. However, if the earth was destroyed by say an asteroid, very few if any would survive.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   
If you are wondering if the entire planets population will be evacuated, not in a million years would they bother.

Byrd,

While I agree that most of the catastrophes you responded to, other than the comet/asteroid strike are not likely to be planet killers, I do have to disagree, at least partially, about volcanic eruptions:

Granted, we have not yet in recorded history seen an eruption that would significantly threaten the entire planet (Krakatoa and Santorini being the largest eruptions in recorded history, both of them around 100 megatons output). These were locally completely devastating, but had minimal effect on the planet overall, with the exception of some suspended matter in the stratosphere that provided spectacular sunsets for a few years each.

However, I would direct your attention to this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and this one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would stress the destructive power of supervolcanos and supercalderas as being on a level that humanity in general is just not capable of truly grasping.

The last really major super eruption occurred approximately 72,000 BC, with the Toba eruption. There are no reliable estimates on explosive yield for this explosion, but it is estimated that it ejected over 2000 cubic kilometers of material (airborne!) from the ground. (By contrast, Mt St. Helens, estimated at approximately 20 megatons yield, ejected less than 2 cubic kilometers of material, and loss of life was mitigated because the slope failed on a slope facing away from population areas)

The Toba eruption wiped out so much of the human race that the effects have been traced through mitochondrial DNA (please read thread, very interesting, and scary)

Of course, the supercaldera that is of immediate concern is Yellowstone, which last erupted 640,000 years ago. Although Yellowstone is not as large as Toba, it would still have absolutely devastating consequences to the entire North American Continent. I would point out (through personal experience in field studies) that the last Yellowstone eruption deposited layers of volcanic tuff in El Paso Texas (!!!) over 20 feet thick, and layers of the same material in Austin Texas (!!!) over 12 feet thick.

As far as evacuation from such threats, I do know that there has been a concerted effort since the 1980s to construct "Phase III" bunkers, 10s of KM deep in the ground, survivable from direct nuclear strikes. In addition, there IS an operational base on the moon, served by USAF X Craft from both Alaska and Pine Gap Australia. I would imagine these facilities to be the most logical evacuation points for the nations elite.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 12:12 AM
link   
An opperational base on the moon huh?
I like to maintian the hope that we will eventually leave this planet and solarsystem. We have to actually...eventually it will be destroyed by the sun. Eventually (EXTREMELY FAR IN THE FUTURE) we may even have to leave the galaxy. If there is a bigcrunch at some point, we will have to find a way to survive that too (no idea how). If we want our race not to go exinct we have to leave Earth at some point. There was an article in a recent Discover magazine about proposed methods of reaching the stars. One might be quite surprised at just how do-able it is. We might achieve it in a few hundred years, or even less. If we manage to locate a planet that seems to hold life outside the solarsystem, I think that will provide all the motivation we need.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Yes. I'm quite sure they have a huge space shuttle waiting for just such an emergency. In the event of worldly disaster, all humans will be notified by mail to meet at the launch pad. Unfortunately, the mail might not be too reliable during a world scale catastrophe. Similar to your license renewal notice, many people won't get their world evac notices. Those who do will find ample room aboard the monumental space station, which will depart for Jupiter promptly. They'll be serving one snack and beverages, but it won't be free. The featured movie will be "The Jerk", starring Steve Martin.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Some quick responses to the above:

Why would a colony on mars be any better than life on a polluted earth? If you look at it objectively, you're just trading one bad environment for one in which you can't even walk around outside. Yes, inside your little base life could be cozy... but, so , too, could it be in a sealed house on eath. I believe in colonization, but don't see how it's a response to the problems with the environment.. or to things like ice caps melting. Surely, an earth with much higher water levels, or even common earthquakes, could support a larger population than mars... and a more comfortable one at that.

The 'space colonization' option only provides an escape for global killing events, like an asteroid strike. It is not a solution to any forseeable near term problems. Yes, colonization can save and keep a civilization going... but it does so through long-term growth. For instance, when England planted colonies in North America, it ensured that some form of Anglo-Saxon culture and language would survive, even if England was sacked by France. However, until those colonies could supply England with raw materials and goods, it did not, in any way, prevent such a French invasion from happening... that is... Colonies go a long way towards preserving a culture or tribal bloodline, but they cannot 'save', necessarily, a homeland. Though the US and UK have a mutually beneficial relationship now, history is loaded with instances of homelands that were annihilated after forming colonies.

I don't see, also, how any substantial part of the populace can be moved to Mars... even if 'domes' and cities magically appeared there. At best, what you can do is 'seed' the place with a very small colony. Such a colony will preserve the human race if all of earth is atken out at once... But, its colonists would live worse lives than any human left behind on even a very polluted earth.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Thats all true. Many have proposed methods for terra-forming Mars, another long-term solution. I think you defined the need for colonization of space with that post. Currently I dont think there is anything we could do to survive a cosmic calamity other than MAYBE launch nukes at it... we might not even be able to do that. While life on Mars in the short term would not be any better, or perhaps worse than life on Earth, the same was for the colonies in North America.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The only people who will evacuate are those working inside the "dark government." What makes you think they care about us anyways. They're greedy only caring about themselves and no one else. It's sad when you think about it.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
If earth was invaded their wouldnt be time to evac the earth population most of us will die before we board space shuttles,i mean which planet will we inhabit??

top topics

<<   2 >>

join