It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is every thing wrong?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I thin that it may have once been possible for people to defy 'gravity' as they saw it as something that makes up the whole, not the whole that your inprosined in the way it is taught. We are all taught gravity is what holds you down, makes you fall.... its all negative wording.

We could have been taught to rise and lift ourselves instead.

The teachings for these abilities are almost gone. I think we are evolving backwards. The more technologically advanced we get the further we are moving away from the uptopia that could at one point quite concievably have been so.
But that is just me.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Because of some NEW TON theory I have to GRAVE IT WHY?
Newton Gravity

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I'm talking about The stuff they teach in schools in general. Gravity is the best example

Okay...still would like another example if you can think of one.

Another example....The underestimated power of the mind. Not taught in schools, but almost as a cultural belief, that the mind is only good for controlling your body, and has no capability to produce supernatural phenomonon.

everything has a basis in fact, do they not?

I believe these have their basis in fairy tales actually. What is more exciting to hear about? A guy that can jump high or one that can fly? I think ancient people would think that a flying man is more amazing then one jumping.

Where might the ideas for fairy tales come from? Sure they might be exagerrated, but what if instead of jumping high the man could levitate?

I'm not necessarily trying to create an arguement, but I do want you to answer my questions to the best of your abilities.

I would like to know where you got the ideas of chinese documents telling about floating people. I won't "exploit" it.

Sorry for sounding so harsh, man. Your original post just sound like you think that what I think could be possible is silly... I take chinese sword class and my teacher mentioned that there were documents, historical records, depicting flying people. I have never seen these, I'm just repeating what I heard.

I think the majority wouldn't even consider gravity before it was discovered. I think that they would believe in order to fly or float they would need wings. I could be wrong though.

That could be a possibilty. They could have all believed that in order to fly you would need a device, otherwise yoou would have been able to naturally fly. What they didn't understand was that it is a mental achievement.....

Okay, well what if the person believes it with all their heart and jump to prove it to someone else?

Then either they don't believe, are crazy, or the person that can do it is not yet strong enough to make others believe he can. because if others don't believe to an extent, it won't happen.

Kushi

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kushi

....Then either they don't believe, are crazy, or the person that can do it is not yet strong enough to make others believe he can. because if others don't believe to an extent, it won't happen.

Kushi

Oh yeah. The Uri Gellar automatic out. No matter how accomplished the psychic, one skeptic in the audience can prevent him from doing his business.

This means skepticism is more powerful than mysticism.
Or
One skeptic is worth ten thousand psychics.

Harte

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kushi
Another example....The underestimated power of the mind. Not taught in schools, but almost as a cultural belief, that the mind is only good for controlling your body, and has no capability to produce supernatural phenomonon.

I do believe that we could use more of our minds "potential." We can train ourselves to remember all kinds of things that the ordinary person doesn't want to invest time into because society has become so busy.

Where might the ideas for fairy tales come from? Sure they might be exagerrated, but what if instead of jumping high the man could levitate?

That is just it though, they are exagerrated.

Sorry for sounding so harsh, man. Your original post just sound like you think that what I think could be possible is silly... I take chinese sword class and my teacher mentioned that there were documents, historical records, depicting flying people. I have never seen these, I'm just repeating what I heard.

You didn't sound harsh, and I didn't mean to make it sound like I thought you were being silly. I try to keep and open mind, I just appreciate some kind of evidence to point to it being real. Why don't you see if your teacher can point you to these documents?

That could be a possibilty. They could have all believed that in order to fly you would need a device, otherwise yoou would have been able to naturally fly. What they didn't understand was that it is a mental achievement.....

I still don't think people can fly without the proper equipment...the closest to flying without machines is gliders and I believe that is as close to flying without machines we are going to get in a while.

Then either they don't believe, are crazy, or the person that can do it is not yet strong enough to make others believe he can. because if others don't believe to an extent, it won't happen.

I still don't see how if someone doesn't believe that someone can fly would stop them from doing it.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by hatchedcross
I still don't see how if someone doesn't believe that someone can fly would stop them from doing it.

The idea is that the observers belief is stronger than the one jumping off a building.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The only thing that is wrong is what you deem it to be. Wrong is in the eye of the beholder and those who prefer to make opinions on the sidelines. Our hearts and souls tell us instantly what is right or wrong, and in the end it is up to us to make the final choice.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I get what you are saying mate, some sort of 'collective conciousness' which influences all things. By controlling it via brainwashing people into what is or isnt possible it could change the way things happen?

Very interesting theory imo, as some have said though how would this theory stand up in the days before worldwide communication etc or even before language. Still think theres something in it though, maybe theres more to collective conciousness than we think, power of billions of minds focusing on one thing could be immense.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
every one has a certain amount of influence over the universe. If they think a positive thought, something positve goesinto affect. but the thought is very small, not big enough to influence the world. BUt scientists, telling you that certain things are true, and the media, telling you the same. They can create beliefs that change into laws of the universe, because many people's thoughts are stronger than one person's. In order for some one to go against that belief, one must be stronger than all the people who believe it combined. A way to get people to believe and become capable is to have many people believe. There is no truth, I guess. whatever people believe becomes reality. The world is your mind.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join