It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is every thing wrong?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The things taught in schools today, are they all false information meant to keep us in control by creating certain neural pathways? For example: gravity as a belief, not a fact. all the information in your head about it are means of keeping you from being able to float. Is the scientific info is made up, extremely convincing, to keep you on your feet? Do they teach things in schools to become a second nature and a irreversable belief, hardwired to your being?and the only reason it works is because others believe, and the project it so you are forced to believe, like subconcious mental influence? and is this other knowledge known only by few? What are your thoughts? Do you think this true? and could you also tell me to stop talking in quesions?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Some things maybe...but if there wasn't gravity planets wouldn't orbit stars and newborns would float! Talk about a bouncing baby....

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
look at this link it realy made me think
www.exitmundi.nl...

(we live in a place that’s not really a ‘place’, we’re made of stuff that’s not really ‘stuff’ and what we see is only a small part of what’s really there. Matter, time, dimensions, the Universe – it’s all lucid, unreal. And to make things even more bizarre, for some reason, our Universe is exactly preset to make our existence possible. Pretty confusing, don't you think?)

www.exitmundi.nl...

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by hatchedcross
Some things maybe...but if there wasn't gravity planets wouldn't orbit stars and newborns would float! Talk about a bouncing baby....

I mean the belief that you can't float is a strong as it is for you as it is the person next to you. even if they believe, you hold them down. the thought holds them down. Or even that gravity holds planets in place.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by slayerfan
look at this link it realy made me think
www.exitmundi.nl...

(we live in a place that’s not really a ‘place’, we’re made of stuff that’s not really ‘stuff’ and what we see is only a small part of what’s really there. Matter, time, dimensions, the Universe – it’s all lucid, unreal. And to make things even more bizarre, for some reason, our Universe is exactly preset to make our existence possible. Pretty confusing, don't you think?)

www.exitmundi.nl...

Us humans are built, our senses are simply customized to percieve things in a certain way. A way that is the truth, but simply harder to decipher.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kushi
I mean the belief that you can't float is a strong as it is for you as it is the person next to you. even if they believe, you hold them down. the thought holds them down. Or even that gravity holds planets in place.

Are you suggesting that originally we did float and the planets didn't orbit stars and then when someone learned of gravity everything snapped into place like it is today? We wouldn't be here if that was the case...the planet would've been fozen over from floating in deep space.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I think it's ok to teach certain things....as theories. That's usually the way they are taught though, correct?

Einstein's theory of relativity is taught only as a theory - not as fact.

Newton's law of gravity is taught as a theory.

Perhaps the method is purely dependent upon the actual institution itself?

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This kind of remains me from something from the film the bullet proof monk. In that he is basically told that gravity is something that peopel are taught to believe in and it can be controlled, if he believes in it. Still interesting thread this one.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
I think it's ok to teach certain things....as theories. That's usually the way they are taught though, correct?

Einstein's theory of relativity is taught only as a theory - not as fact.

Newton's law of gravity is taught as a theory.

Well not really. Hypothesis -> Theory -> Law

The principles and theories of science have been established through repeated experimentation and observation and have been refereed through peer review before general acceptance by the scientific community. Acceptance does not imply rigidity or constraint, or denote dogma. Instead, as new data become available, previous scientific explanations are revised and improved, or rejected and replaced. Science is a way of making sense of the world, with internally-consistent methods and principles that are well described. There is a progression from a hypothesis to a theory using testable, scientific laws. Only a few scientific facts are natural laws and many hypotheses are tested to generate a theory. Find out how scientific hypotheses, theories and laws describe the natural world. U of Waikato NZ

The current consensus among philosophers of science seems to be this:
  • Laws are generalizations about what has happened, from which we can generalize about what we expect to happen. They pertain to observational data. The ability of the ancients to predict eclipses had nothing to do with whether they knew just how they happened; they had a law but not a theory.
  • Theories are explanations of observations (or of laws). The fact that we have a pretty good understanding of how stars explode doesn't necessarily mean we could predict the next supernova; we have a theory but not a law.

Perhaps the method is purely dependent upon the actual institution itself?

I think that's a very accurate assumption. I think a very good example of how the hierarchy of theories and laws is taught improperly is covered in an article between Dan Berger, MadSci admin, and John Hall, a science teacher/prof from Fitzgerald High School. (was one of the best examples/explainations I found online, it includes very good references for reading too)

From my own experience, the confusion arises from misuse of the three terms. In layman’s terms, if something is said to be “just a theory,” it usually means that it is a mere guess, or is unproved. It might even lack credibility. But in scientific terms, a theory implies that something has been proven and is generally accepted as being true.

In general, both a scientific theory and a scientific law are accepted to be true by the scientific community as a whole. Both are used to make predictions of events. Both are used to advance technology. The biggest difference between a law and a theory is that a theory is much more complex and dynamic. A law governs a single action, whereas a theory explains a whole series of related phenomena.

It's clear like mud to me too.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Let look at your idea.

Prior to being taught about gravity, babies, animals, rocks, water, air, all function under the basic methods laid out by the theory of gravity.

So, if we stick to the ground because of thought, how does one explain the hundreds of millions of people on Earth, right now, who have no knowledge of the theory of gravity, sticking to the ground?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
i am using gravity as an example only because I can't think of anything else. I'm not saying that once everything floated. Have you ever seen one of those cheezy asian martial arts movies? where they can lift off the ground and propel themselves forward? I'm saying that maybe we all used to be able to do that. There are people who can do that today. In fact, the recorded chinese documents state that people were able to do that. I'm talking about collective conciousness. The fact that people believe in gravity makes others believe, and thus restrain themselves from ever accomplishing what they want, gravity wise. The guys at psipog say they have to make themselves believe that it is possible in order for them to accomplish. Your capability is belief oriented.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   

i am using gravity as an example only because I can't think of anything else.

You surely thought of something else that is "wrong" or you wouldn't have title this thread "Is every thing wrong?" would you?

cheezy asian martial arts movies? where they can lift off the ground and propel themselves forward?..

They are just that...cheesy movies.

...where they can lift off the ground and propel themselves forward? I'm saying that maybe we all used to be able to do that. There are people who can do that today.

Where did you hear or read this? Let us know please.

In fact, the recorded chinese documents state that people were able to do that.

You wouldn't mind showing us these documents then would you?

I'm talking about collective conciousness. The fact that people believe in gravity makes others believe, and thus restrain themselves from ever accomplishing what they want, gravity wise.

What about the time before gravity was known? You know, back before Newton discovered gravity?

The guys at psipog say they have to make themselves believe that it is possible in order for them to accomplish. Your capability is belief oriented.

I'm not sure getting at here. Are you saying that if we believe that we can defy the laws of gravity we can float? All we have to do is believe? I've heard of people believing they can fly and jumping off of building to prove it and they fall to their death.

[edit on 8/10/2005 by hatchedcross]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I'm not sure getting at here. Are you saying that if we believe that we can defy the laws of gravity we can float? All we have to do is believe? I've heard of people believing they can fly and jumping off of building to prove it and they fall to their death

LOL but all the way down they kept saying "so far so good"

sorry, I couldn't resist

Actually, there are things the mind can do if one truly believes. Even the bible states if we had the Faith of a mustard seed we could move mountains. Perhaps its a neuron firing thing within the brain, if enough neurons in the right (correct) quadrant fire it enables us to move matter, read minds, astral project, OOBE's etc.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I do agree with you keyboard, on somethings anyways. The human brain is a powerful organ. I believe people could have clairvoient or clairaudient abilities or other "ESP" phenomena, but not flying.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Something flawed in your observation. We are not connected to the ground because our mind does not allow us to float. Otherwise inanimate objects would be floating in the air.

"gravity" exists even if we can not really determine what gravity is. The basic fact is that yes there is a positive force that is applied to all things within the atmosphere of earth that tend to push you towards the center of the planet. Whether this force is generated internally within the planet based on a swirling magnetic magma or iron core or based solely on the density of the whole planet hanging in the fabric of space. Since we do not yet posses a giant scale large enough to weigh two independant earth like objects we can only guess at what the true nature of gravity is.

But aside from that fact the reality is that if you go up you will also come down on this planet. And you will fall at a rate that can be documented and that is constant regardless of where you are on the planet. Therefore the physical effect of "gravity" in so much that it wants to attract you to the center of the planet is a real phenomena. And not just something that is controlled or could ever be controlled within one humans mind.

But aside from that the basic concept of what we may know may all be wrong is probably right on. Humans by course of recorded history know only very little about the real physical world and the ultimate rules that govern the interaction of all things. We know bits and pieces and can observe repeatable conditions but ultimately when you get down to the very singular mechanic of how an atom particle can stay at an organized distance to another atom particle and yet remain something that is solid is still quite a mystery. Every material that you think is solid can not and will not ever be solid as every infinite gap between atoms exists a space so small yet distinctly seperated from each and every other atom.

If you could then control the gap between atoms you could then make a solid material do anything you wanted. It could become smaller or larger and still be the same solid and not become deformed. You could make a hole in it and then reset the material with no adverse affect. You could make a material that should be dark and opaque become crystal clear and back again.

How about the great debate about "energy" itself. Since we can gain "energy" from many forms and process who is to say that there are not a multitude of other forms and process that can produce equal to or greater amounts of energy yet we just do not yet understand the mechanics for which it operates under. A great example of this is currently we think of "electrical energy" as a basis for power to make things work. But what if there was a way to harness "gravity" in such a way that you could make it produce energy for you without involving any additional input. We just do not know yet the proper aligment of materials needed to conduct the flow of "gravity".

Think of the amount of "energy" that "gravity" uses to draw objects towards the center of the planet. Since force can be converted into energy I am sure that you will find that there is a substantial amount of potential "energy" all around us at all times and with constant supply.

Let me put a question out to you.... what do you think happens when you become "weightless" lets say on a roller coaster or in a diving plane simulating zero gravity.... do you think "gravity" is no longer acting on you. Do you think the force of "gravity" goes away......

Nope its a constant. The only reason why you, the person free floating inside the plane appear to be weightless is because the plane that you are traveling in is flying with more force TOWARDS the center of the planet while the "psydo atmosphere" contained within the plane is trapped so therefore the plane falling away from you faster then "gravity" is pulling you towards the center so you have the sensation of being weightless. And the roller coaster is simply a matter of vectored velocity, you the body were traveling in one vector when the coaster suddenly changes vectors and since you the body are not a physical component of the coaster your body is subject to breaking free from the path travelled by the coaster until it comes to rest against a physical barrier, just like a catapult, if you had no physical barrier you would be ejected up and away from the coaster until such time that "gravity" degraded your kinetic energy and brought you back down to earth in a smashed pile of remains.

Not a pleasant thought.

We need the worlds brightest and smartest people to put down the books, to forget everything they have ever been taught about science and to sit down and just experiment with the laws of nature. Without prejudice and without roadblocking their minds into saying something can not possibly be done.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
We need the worlds brightest and smartest people to put down the books, to forget everything they have ever been taught about science and to sit down and just experiment with the laws of nature. Without prejudice and without roadblocking their minds into saying something can not possibly be done.

I agree that they need to try and not let the rules or laws we know now limit their thinking keeping them in the box, but its very very hard to not do.

As far as the schools teaching disinformation to control us I don't believe there is some intentional evil plan they stick to, but some of the stuff they teach is obviously wrong because we don't know any better. I think that a good school teaches good info, or at least gives you access to it. Without learning the things that are taught today people wouldn't be armed with that knowledge and be able to challange it, and ultimately make a breakthrough that rewrites the knowledge to repeat the process.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
For the dis-info being taught in school part, i do believe that this could be a successful way of conditioning you to believe something new or forget something that was once commonly known. The more it is said and said, over the years, the more it will be accepted.
Whether humans were once able to float or fly, hey i don't know for sure so i am not going to deny it, but it does not sound likely to me.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hatchedcross

i am using gravity as an example only because I can't think of anything else.

You surely thought of something else that is "wrong" or you wouldn't have title this thread "Is every thing wrong?" would you?

I'm talking about The stuff they teach in schools in general. Gravity is the best example

cheezy asian martial arts movies? where they can lift off the ground and propel themselves forward?..

They are just that...cheesy movies.

Everything has a basis in fact, do they not?

...where they can lift off the ground and propel themselves forward? I'm saying that maybe we all used to be able to do that. There are people who can do that today.

Where did you hear or read this? Let us know please.

If you were interested in finding it out, instead of creating argument, you would have already found your answer.

In fact, the recorded chinese documents state that people were able to do that.

You wouldn't mind showing us these documents then would you?

Can't exactly defend myself here. I'm sure you will exploit this.

I'm talking about collective conciousness. The fact that people believe in gravity makes others believe, and thus restrain themselves from ever accomplishing what they want, gravity wise.

What about the time before gravity was known? You know, back before Newton discovered gravity?

I'm not saying that everyone flew back before newton. Only few who made themselves believe. The others perhaps believed that there was a force holding them down, but had a name for it they did not.

The guys at psipog say they have to make themselves believe that it is possible in order for them to accomplish. Your capability is belief oriented.

I'm not sure getting at here. Are you saying that if we believe that we can defy the laws of gravity we can float? All we have to do is believe? I've heard of people believing they can fly and jumping off of building to prove it and they fall to their death.

That's because they truly believe. If you need to jump off a building to prov it to your self, then phooey. You don't believe.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I'm talking about The stuff they teach in schools in general. Gravity is the best example

Okay...still would like another example if you can think of one.

everything has a basis in fact, do they not?

I believe these have their basis in fairy tales actually. What is more exciting to hear about? A guy that can jump high or one that can fly? I think ancient people would think that a flying man is more amazing then one jumping.

If you were interested in finding it out, instead of creating argument, you would have already found your answer.

I'm not necessarily trying to create an arguement, but I do want you to answer my questions to the best of your abilities.

Can't exactly defend myself here. I'm sure you will exploit this.

I would like to know where you got the ideas of chinese documents telling about floating people. I won't "exploit" it.

I'm not saying that everyone flew back before newton. Only few who made themselves believe. The others perhaps believed that there was a force holding them down, but had a name for it they did not.

I think the majority wouldn't even consider gravity before it was discovered. I think that they would believe in order to fly or float they would need wings. I could be wrong though.

That's because they truly believe. If you need to jump off a building to prov it to your self, then phooey. You don't believe.

Okay, well what if the person believes it with all their heart and jump to prove it to someone else?

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   

The things taught in schools today, are they all false information meant to keep us in control by creating certain neural pathways?

Yes.

For example: gravity as a belief, not a fact.

I'll buy that. Everything believed is only beliefs. Bugs Bunny didn't study gravity, and he could float because of it.

all the information in your head about it are means of keeping you from being able to float.

Acme school of Looney Tunes and Merry Melodies. But, seriously:
Bugs Bunny could float/not fall because of not knowing about gravity.

Is the scientific info is made up, extremely convincing, to keep you on your feet?

Perhaps.

Do they teach things in schools to become a second nature and a irreversable belief, hardwired to your being?

YES, they do.

and the only reason it works is because others believe, and the project it so you are forced to believe, like subconcious mental influence?

makes sense to me and cents for them.

and is this other knowledge known only by few?

You may very well soon understand my response to this question. My response is: NO

NO

NO

There are many. Undivided.

What are your thoughts?

That is a truly loaded question.

Do you think this true?

and could you also tell me to stop talking in quesions?

I could, but I won't. I like your questions.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join