It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Exodus from Gulf of Mexico, 08/06/05

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Fish are fleeing by the thousands from the gulf of mexico. A steady stream of fish, including many bottom dwelling species are swimming enmass out of the gulf. Preditors and prey alike are ignoring eachother with the single task of escaping.

sun-herald.com...

No one knows the cause yet though people are already speculating everything from a sonar test to red tide.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I listened to Coast to Coast and (i cant remember the name of the guest) they said that they are watching the west coast for something big coming soon. 8+ earthquakes and tsunamis. This may be affecting the gulf

I dont know...

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Thats interesting.
Maybe they are just out of school for the summer.

Is there a direction they are all headed?
Is there a source or link to the story?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Hi, Space, you hunk, you

No, there is no link- I heard it on the radio. Maybe www.coasttocoastam.com still has it- but i no longer see it.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Probably got to do with the lack of oxygen. Fish have fled before.

www.lacoast.gov...

www.fishingnj.org...

[edit on 6-8-2005 by valkeryie]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Hi DG, you're making me blush..hehe

valkeryie,

Thanks for those links.
Hypoxia, sounds like a good reason to get the heck out.
Thats probably whats happening now. Thats tough to deal with.
Nutrients coming from who knows where, all up and down the Mississippi.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
i'm sure they know something we don't
here is another article about sea life onthe west coast. weren't there reports of animal leave coastal areas before the tsunami........hmmmmmmm

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well, here's another source saying the fish parade WAS the result of an intense red tide.
www.earthfiles.com...

Between 9 and 11 a.m. EDT, Thursday, August 4, 2005, a "parade" of thousands of bottom-feeding fish moved in a body-to-body narrow stream in the upper 18 inches of water for two hours swimming north to south from Englewood toward Pine Island. Locals had never seen anything like it before. By Friday, the Florida Dept. of Agricultural and Consumer Services found a red tide bloom with a million red tide cells per liter moving in the bottom waters between Stump Pass and Pine Island, including Gasparilla Pass.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I just find it fascinating that all these different species decided to evacuate at the same time. Amazing stuff....not only are humans being threatened by all sorts of natural disasters, seems the aquatic species are also facing their own disaster. I wonder if they have doomsday predictions too, if it is red tide, can you imagine what type of horrific prophecies they would come up if they could.

[edit on 8-7-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This thread needs to be revisited in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.

Could it be inferred that the fish new the toxic plume would be coming out of the mouth of the missippi?

Sri Oracle

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Okay, so where's my college psychology professor that keeps saying that animals are ignorant and have no real knowledge? Yeah, keep saying that...egotistical humans...smart fish...

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Yah, I suppose this thread really should be revisted. Unreal who's ever watching for follow-up info on past threads - my hat's off to you !

Dallas

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Sri Oracle..

Now that is spooky......

Seriously, though, this is fascinating. Does anyone know of similar events reported by the media in the past?

[edit on 10-9-2005 by loam]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I had an itch to say Katrina, but that was weeks after the exodus.

What in that area could cause this I wonder?

Troy

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Sri Oracle..

Now that is spooky......

Seriously, though, this is fascinating. Does anyone know of similar events reported by the media in the past?

Intuitive beasts predict weather - Evidence shows animals sense storms.
By BRENT FRAZEE of the Kansas City Star
Published Monday, February 28, 2005
www.showmenews.com...

Animals appear to have natural disaster warning systems
Scientists cite several instances of wildlife seeking safety ahead of hurricanes, tornadoes, tsunami
2005-02-18 / Knight Ridder / By Brent Frazee
www.etaiwannews.com...

A Sense Of Doom: Animal Instinct For Disaster
Scientists Investigate Wildlife's Possible Warning Systems
Don Oldenburg / Washington Post Staff Writer
www.wolfsongalaska.org...

Have fun,

Sri Oracle

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
This is truely amazing. There should be a whole topic on this. How would one suppose they do it ? Temperature, change in pressure or humidity, or combinations of things. Man that is really something. And it is widley accepted by society and scientis !

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Amazing to think that SOMEHOW the creatures would 'know' that the tons of toxic and polluted water that was flooding NewOrleans after Katrina would be dumped back into the Gulf and could harm them. I just wonder IF this is what it was? We may never know.....................

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Ok. We know what happens in land when a hurricane as Katrina hits, but what happens to the sea and the creatures in the sea when a hurricane passes by?
A tornado can make a cow fly away... Can a hurricane make fishes fly away, affect dolphins, etc?

Maybe they knew Katrina was going to cause a lot of damage to the Gulf.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by imbalanced
How would one suppose they do it ? Temperature, change in pressure or humidity, or combinations of things.

I doubt humidity... its usually 100% (less air bubbles) down there

But from what I understand fish have incredible ability to detect ultra low frequenies (ULF)... hence the reason that the military felt criticism for their use of ULF sonar after large deep water sea life started beaching itself. The wave frequency and amplitude of a large oncoming storm should be apparent to them... through history they have probably learned that when big storms hit land... they release human toxic sludge. Granted all speculation; though intuition is supposed to be one of the few paths to truth.

Originally posted by Ptolomeo
Can a hurricane make fishes fly away?

Check google... there are actually many accounts of big storms picking up frogs and fish from wetlands and dumping them many miles away inland. Try search criteria: "fish frogs rain"

Sri Oracle

top topics

join