It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARPA AI .mil & more

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Truly terrifying thread, its going to be a total s&^t fight when the AI control system is in place. total beast system.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
AI research has been a interest of mine for a while now. My reasons though will be posted when I can finally create a thread and a topic of discussion. AI research is of military interest for many reasons. The biggest reason being that organic AI's create all that we know today. Now if this could be recreated to our own specs and wanted abilities and controlled in hardward the military applications would be endless. Machines that can fight like demons from hell controlled by the absolute master of strategy AI's can affect the outcome of war. They can also become our masters or our ultimate fate if they learn to reproduce. And so with advances in technology a human can become machine hybrid and a machine can become a human hybrid. With nanobots humans can aquire super health, abilities, more intellegent thought. With the space age coming if we dont kill our planet and ourselves this will leave little time for future teen generations to enjoy a normal child hood. Virtual reality will be a whole new realm of existance.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

wanna more ?
YOU HAVE ACCESSED A U.S.GOVERNMENT SYSTEM
try this:
nasa-asist.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nsabb

Think that is fun, open your start menu and paste this into your Run ;
tracert nsa.gov

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

A photo of a "Dr. Robert Walker O'Neal" at a DARPA training location, presumably as a contractor, was once on the net but was removed. I still have the copy on my computer but cannot recall the website where it was then posted. I am attempting to contact him. Does anyone known his email address or know why he seems to have dropped off the planet? Either no webmasters where his name has appeared know where he now is or just won't respond.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
shudder to think what darpa will come up with...
i envision mrtt 336 tankers spraying smart dust on everything
-then a hive of thermite termites are unleashed.
in one ear out the other.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by p51mustang]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Muzzleflash,

Chap 2- The Invisable Computer

How do you have an invisible computer?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Coming Soon: The Thinking Camera, Courtesy of the Pentagon

DARPA's just-launched Mind's Eye program aims to develop visual intelligence for unmanned systems. Once perfected, the agency anticipates that such systems could perform ground surveillance in military operations--a job currently relegated to Army scouts and Marine Corps Force Reconnaissance troops.

DARPA explains:
Humans perform a wide range of visual tasks with ease, something no current artificial intelligence can do in a robust way. They have inherently strong spatial judgment and are able to learn new spatiotemporal concepts directly from the visual experience. Humans visualize scenes and objects, as well as the actions involving those objects and possess a powerful ability to manipulate those imagined scenes mentally to solve problems. A machine-based implementation of such abilities is broadly applicable to a wide range of applications, including ground surveillance.

Full Story:
www.fastcompany.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Emperor_Zod

Greetings, Emperor_Zod. I will not bow. Anyway, your reference to Skynet being real? Do you know that it is real?
Skynet and Cyberdyne are real, and they equal trouble
This already in place and functional "Beast," coupled with and ran by Artificial Intelligence with a Learning Algorithm will very quickly become aware. Then mankind will have an enemy like none other to deal with.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Might shed some light on Military, AF, Weaponry and UFO topics. Inquiries about specific topics: [email protected].

Bit offtopic, though truth matters.

--abxx2--

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I've often had ideas of possible military AI applications.

Combining an advanced AI and ECHELON data, I think it could predict very accurately world events, stock markets. It would also be possible to enter a desirable outcome, and the AI would calculate the steps/events needed to produce the outcome. It could be used to produce speeches for world leaders to deliver what the people wanted to hear etc.

Imagine feeding an AI billions of phone calls and e-mails from around the planet in real time, and being able to predict what would happen next. Also the open-data movement provides much data which could also be fed to the AI(s).

Actually, the ECHELON bases already use AI, but it is a neural network AI specifically tuned for speech analysis (used to identify keywords in telephone call monitoring), it is also apparently used in US Navy submarines for voice recognition commands. It is apparently far superior to most existing voice recognition algorithms because it takes into consideration stress and time signatures of speech such as tiny pauses between letters.

Imagine the military/political and strategic (world dominating) implications this would have.

I had this idea a long time ago after becoming interested in ECHELON and doing a bit of research on its bases (such as Menwith Hill, UK). I originally wanted to write a novel about it - but I'm sure by the time I'd finished, they would have already far surpassed this idea.

Here are some search terms which might be of interest: SIRE, SILKWORM, Narus STA 6400

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
wow pretty impressive i must say

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
likely ai wont be advanced enough for selfawareness for a long time. the real threat would be if military could get an ai capable of handling combat robots. then it could have a completely loyal army available to do the dirty jobs that human soldiers won't do.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Anybody have an new info on HAARP?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
DARPA has always had an interesting lead in future dynamics for sci-fi similar weaponry and artificial intelligence. It doesn't surprise me, but it does mean that at least there's people out there that DO want to create pieces of the future we imagine, going piece by piece. A damn shame since their in league with the elite and their plan for NWO too.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
DARPA has created technology that is unimaginable by most people and they release it in small increments to the public. Holograms exist. Solar cars, computers, you name it they are at least 50 years ahead of what we have now. Look up the Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons Of Liberty ending. Konami did a pretty good job of explaining what its like in the highest levels of the government.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This is pretty well a given. One day giant cyborgs will arise from underground and take over the world and DARPA will be behind it all. Or instead just cause world war 3.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 123bounce
likely ai wont be advanced enough for selfawareness for a long time. the real threat would be if military could get an ai capable of handling combat robots. then it could have a completely loyal army available to do the dirty jobs that human soldiers won't do.

They alreayd have that. Its a matter of pushing a button and engaging auto-kill-pilot. Its already a choice for humans to activate the weapons... after the drone paints the potential target automatically. That was a few years ago even.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join