It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARPA AI .mil & more

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

Look up IARPA which is what you want, a branch of DARPA involved with machine learning.
www.iarpa.gov...
I aprticipated in one of their studies on how to use propaganda channels (major news media) predictive crowd futures outcomes betting, and likely had to do with A.I. botnets influencing media to change political and military outcomes in real time.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
artificial intelligence in the only real threat

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
artificial intelligence in the only real threat

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
So a darpa's AI .mil would be military AI on civilian net?...

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   
DARPA, IARPA and other research shops are development and superiority multipliers. They compose anything useful from bits that are extrapolated to a meaningful whole. Once something tangible is roughly organized, it is compartmented and transferred. Mostly to private top secret shops to be streamlined. (Skunkworks etc.)

Really high value stuff though, goes somewhere else for refinement and testing. I’m guessing to some National priority cut-out, run out of some sub entity operating to the behest of the NSC. Probably has self contained compartments for security, test staff, logistics etc..Definitely not a lot of these exist. If Aliens exist, it’s within one of these.

On the front end has got to be a very very secret think tank that is charged with not just coming up with ideas for development, but how to break up those ideas to cloak the overall task. Probably a very fluid process that overlaps with the research shops cloud sourcing initiatives.

DARPA has probably spun off dozens of lower level AI programs to CIA run tech contractors, which go where needed. (Of course CIA will hog the good stuff). High priority stuff, like complex global assessment capability with critical action capability will go to a deep black cut out and cultivated into as many systems as possible first, then handed over to some deep deep deep black national security element that answers to the NSC only. When that products life cycle completes its handed to whatever appropriate agency it might best assist, or mothballed if necessary. (i.e. NRO advanced telescopes that where sitting unused and handed over to NASA, yet eons ahead of anything NASA had) NRO probably couldn’t transfer them when they became obsolete, hence why they were sitting unused for a while.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BrawlPups
IARPA not part of DARPA. It’s run out of ODNI.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I'm sorry but isn't this how the Terminator movies started? I'm not joking, not really. You have a military AI with full internet access and the ability to think on its own?

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: just2cents
I'm sorry but isn't this how the Terminator movies started? I'm not joking, not really. You have a military AI with full internet access and the ability to think on its own?

You want to know exactly how the Terminator project starts?

Watch this video, and you're going to see how it's already here, the ai is just not the same...yet.

Robots will end humanity not zombies

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Plenty of exciting and emerging applications for A. I. and the military, imagine this for example for night ops with navy seals.
One of darpas robot dogs, eguiped with its own A. I. armed with its own mounted gun and painted with vanta black paint ( making it extremely difficult to see at night).
Thats one SCARY proposition.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Snoots

Especially when combined with Darpas mind machine interface.

DARPA N3 developed Nonsurgical Brain Machine Interfaces ...
idstch.com...
DARPA, launched its Next-Generation Nonsurgical Neurotechnology (N3) program in 2018, seeking to create non-invasive or minimally invasive brain-computer interfaces or neural interfaces to connect warfighters directly through thought to computers or other digital devices to enable fast, effective, and intuitive hands-free interaction
idstch.com... ultiple-unmanned-vehicles-or-a-bomb-disposal-robot-on-battlefield/

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   

edit on 1/20/2022 by Blaine91555 because: spam

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 05:43 AM
link   
DOD AI BOM
Army looking at the possibility of ‘AI BOMs’

Similar to SBOMs, the Army is looking at potentially adopting AI bill of materials.

Hmmm, things that make you go.

Who today has not read this and is wondering what the hell?

Go back to page one and see.

Let it be known, those who knew, tried...
edit on 26-5-2023 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

DARPA has always fascinated me. I often wonder what they have worked on ? Whether it was a failure or a success? Neither matters me. Thank you for posting this information.

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ExoticShrubs

Always welcome.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Darpa has released aphids to kill our food supply

rumble.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 333VISIONS

Im interested in this also. Just googled it , and, evidently, was founded in Feb 1958, though its forerunner, ARPA , was in operation prior to this . There was an alleged connection between the Indian Lake Project (ILP) which first piqued my interest , which would actually make sense considering DARPAS mission.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join