It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can i use my points to become a mod?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Please let me use my points to become a mod. I will spend all of my points to become one.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ilovepizza
Please let me use my points to become a mod. I will spend all of my points to become one.

i sense a big fat no coming to this thread VERY soon........call me psychic!

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   
All of the admin and mod's know how badly i want to become a mod. So they might say yes.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Pizza you can become a mod on my board for 4000 points

The problem is that its pretty dead

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Yeah, that would be cool.. for 10000 points.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
and the problem with this is everyone will want to do thids and then everyone will be a mod.....ugh!

bad idea!

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   
That is a problem but it cant hurt for me to ask. I really want to be a mod so i will do almost anything to become one.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Hey...4000 points, there you go....

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
why do you want to be a mod so badly?

so you can have people like colonel accuse you o being one of the "selective enforcement crew" as he likes to call them?

i've been a mod before on another board and it SUCKS!

people will accuse you of censoring them. they will hate you if you do something to punish them for breaking a rule and then accuse you of taking it out on them because you dont agree with their views, etc.

i cant believe people STILL want to be a mod.

you couldnt pay me in REAL money to be a mod on ANY board.

i will never be a mod again if i can help it. i'd have to have 90% of a boards member begging me to be a mod and since i know that will never happen i have little to entice me to be a mod again.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
.... anything you say? Will you get Blood and Souls for my Dark Master?

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   
What is the big hype about becoming a Moderator?

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Man oh man. Ok, I see it this way. If the current mods and administration of any given board see a particular person as being worthy to be a mod, they will approach that person and ask them to be a mod.

Now, I must admit, I just got a mod position today on another board. There is more to it than a name. You have to make sure you follow the rules. It's not like being a normal member. If you break the rules, but go after others that are breaking them, you look like an arse. You also have to put up with the whiners that think you don't agree with them because you delete or edit posts with too many explicit words or racial comments.

I am happy to be a mod. However, to me, there is more to be said being a mod when you are ASKED by the administration, than when you beg to be one.

On a side note, I would NEVER want to be a mod here. There are too many that actually get defensive about their opinions and turn it in to a mud slinging contest. I can do without that.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken

Can I be a mod on your board? I dont really have points to spend but I'll promise not to kiss you if you say yes
I'll kiss something else for it though
I don't think your board is that bad really, and the site is pretty cool.

XAOS

p.s. I wouldnt want to be a mod at ATS, I prefer to mingle with the common folk, which is why I wont be buying into the secret (read bullsh*t) forum.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   
i don't think i would pay to be a mod. If i was ask to become a mod, then i will become one. Until then i will sit and wait for my time

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken

Yes, I asked chicken If I could on his board once...He just told me to "forget about...it does not get that busy anyway."..But ats...yeah...thats a hard one.They have too many anyway.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Personally I think there are enough Mods, doing a fine job arguing with each other in Cosmic and maintaining the semblance of grace of a swan on the surface of ATS while paddling madly underneath.

As I missed out on the 250-point limited time entry offer on the new Secret Forum, I am prepared to make a counter-offer, to be accepted or rejected in writing here within 60 minutes of this post. If unauthorized acceptance or rejection is made, then the authority should remove the testicles or equivalent of the pseudo-authorizer.

I offer to become one of the two Mods of the Secret Forum for 5,000 of my points, or zero points, whichever becomes authorized.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
any chance of me getting an "ats point credit card" which i can max out and go into ats point debt??

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Personally I think there are enough Mods, doing a fine job arguing with each other in Cosmic and maintaining the semblance of grace of a swan on the surface of ATS while paddling madly underneath.

As I missed out on the 250-point limited time entry offer on the new Secret Forum, I am prepared to make a counter-offer, to be accepted or rejected in writing here within 60 minutes of this post. If unauthorized acceptance or rejection is made, then the authority should remove the testicles or equivalent of the pseudo-authorizer.

I offer to become one of the two Mods of the Secret Forum for 5,000 of my points, or zero points, whichever becomes authorized.

As a result of the MASSIVE response this counter-offer received, it has been determined that the offer should be extended for a period not longer than two earth years.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 05:38 PM
link   
never mind being a mod, can i be god?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join