It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how can an anicient civilisation create something we still can't

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Gazork - Very good article, I knew that the Hedges skull was a fake, I had also read articles on a few of the other skulls. I am not advocating any mysterious powers to these skulls, not at all. Most of the anamolies(sp) associated with the skull came from alot of the here say evidence that I, like most of us, have gathered from the "Pro Skull" faction. But the debunking of approx 4 of the skulls still leave open the possibilites that the other 9 or more skulls could, with out the hocus pocus, be actual artifacts.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheFiresOfHeaven
i still don't understand how all of them have been debunked i see the obvious working of power tools as a big clue but it seems there is still no actual scientific evidence that has been found, and i'm getting this feeling that they've all been decrared fakes because the scientists can't find a reason. i might just be barking up the wrong tree

i'm talking about the mitchell hedges skull in particular as it has the detachable jawbone which is made from the same block of rock crystal which has not been reproduced to the same standards

Okay... a brief primer on how scientists (anthropologists and archaeologists, etc) decide whether something is fake or not.

There's a number of ways of dating material.

1) Artifact dug up -- look for what layers of the ground it's in and confirm that it wasn't an "intrusive" artifact (if you were digging a grave for a chief, for instance, you might dig down a lot of layers of dirt. If you just used the dirt for dating, then it would show the burial to be MUCH older than it was.)

2) Microscopic examination - looking for signs of modern tool use versus ancient tools.

3) looking for similar artifacts. An example: I have a faience amulet of the goddess Bast. One way I know it's genuine is that it looks and feels like similar faience (the fake stuff just feels different) and its style can be dated to the workshops at Bubastis during the reign of Pharoah Psamanichus (various spellings) about 600 BC.

If the culture knew how to make one object, then there'll be other similar objects around (like knowing how to carve marble statues during the time of the Romans. We find thousands of them and we know that Romans carved statues.)
Some of it isn't suitable for radiocarbon (and other radiometric) dating (the skull, because it'd give us the date that the crystal was formed, not when it was carved)

4) If we suspect it's fake, we look for "provenance." We start asking folks if they've seen something like this and where it came from. In the case of Max's skull, a manufacturing company was found that does these.

With no evidence of ancient technology and a contemporary (at the time of Max) source for them, the answer is that it's a fake.

And all the other skulls have "mysteriously showed up." No archaeologist dug them up. They just "turn up."

And their chemical composition is consistant with the same items that were made by that one company.

And that's how we know they're fake.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   
tricknology is used...
not divine spirits...

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I particularly like the part about "The ancient mayan legend that if ever the 12 skulls are reunited something something......"
I bet no one can find any evidence for this "Ancient Mayan legend" that predates the finding and showing of the first skull.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Seems farout. You sure its true???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by pizzout
Seems farout. You sure its true???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Almost as far out as the idea that a god created mankind walking and talking when scientific evidence proves otherwise.
This like many other things will require more research.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I find it hilarious when someone says something is "debunked".

I have to admit, Larry Kusche did a heck of a job with "The Bermuda Triangle mystery: Solved"

www.amazon.com...=1064162816/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/102-5385655-2415302

But more often than not it's some smug self-righteous clown who discovers one fact that supports his theory, then quits looking.

Heres a link to an article abut the debunker of the skull:

www.xzone-radio.com...

And what he actually demonstrated:

"He uncovered the myth of the Mitchell-Hedges Crystal Skull of Doom, an artifact of uncertain origin and world renown that now resides in a private home in Kitchener.

"There is no scientific proof whatsoever that the crystal skull has been responsible for any harm falling on a person or any miraculous healing or any other miracle," McConnell says."

There are allegedly light pipes in this skull. If illuminated from below,the eye sockets light up. If true, this would clearly involve technology way beyond what we have.

This skull inspired a stupid but amusing movie, House II

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   
What you've found may be a crappy job of debunking. That doesn't mean that there haven't been good jobs of debunking. How about the receipt from the auction for buying a crystal skull prior to his "finding" one in the jungle.
"There are allegedly light pipes in this skull. If illuminated from below,the eye sockets light up. If true, this would clearly involve technology way beyond what we have. "
What about fiber optics, we can bend light around just about anyway you want. Not to mentions that these are alleged, not shown to exist. I'm sure if there were they would have photos showing such.
I think the most compelling piece of evidence ts the little "Made in China" sticker on the bottom.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   
i heard about this too apparently when placed in direct sunshine the light is seen to travel through the eye sockets infact i read in a book that when in strong sunlight it works as a magnifying glass and can make fire. imagine one of these anicinet civilisation staring up at the temple on top of pyramid to c this skull set fire to the sacraficial fires

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join