It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how can an anicient civilisation create something we still can't

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   
the Mitchelle Hedges SKull was discoverd in the 1920's it has baffled scientist, for as much as it is beutiful and looks almost life like ,complete with detachable jaw bone. it should not be. has anyone any ideas on this matter

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Do you have a link or a picture or something? Haven't heard about this yet.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Its related to the Mayan crystal skulls

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 27-8-2003 by MrEisenhower]

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
there u go he's allways on hand to give the pics

the amazing thing is the crystal skull has a bottom jaw while this is amzing already it's made a from a type of quartz used my silicon chip makers as the main element it has many qualities as for example containing information

mmyths go that the skulls contain knowledge from there ancestors

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   
supposing this was made by hand it would take a complete 300 man years to make no sleep nothing no sundays off
and this is making it complete with detachable jawbone made from the same piece of rock crystal

a crystal maker in germany tried making one it took him a year to make using dimond tipped power tools and still lacked the beuty and was said to be obviously made with modern tools they also ended up making a total of eleven broken jawbones before one stayed together long enough to go on show where it promplty broke

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Interesting, though I think I remember some good debunking of this....will have to dig...it was another thread....

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   
i hope u find more than i have

i have how ever found the name of the quartz it's piezo- eletric or silicon dioxide

[Edited on 27-8-2003 by TheFiresOfHeaven]

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Gazork I remember that one of the skulls, as there are about a dozen of them if I remember correctly, was declared a possible fake. What is interesting about the other skulls that they were made against the grain of the quartz, and, therefore, should have shattered when being produced. There are alot of legends about them, so called healing power, production of energy and the like. but still no actual explanation. Lapidary experts, unfourtunately no names or firms were given, concluded that only a highly advanced laser could have been used for the cutting and poloshing. Of course there are other items that are far more interesting, such as small statues in the Cairo Museum that were eloctroplated, use of the Bagdad battery?, which implies a technology that, according to mainline experts, could not have existed. Kinda like a major civilisation building amazing structures without metal skills and supposedly without the wheel, makes one really wonder.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:15 AM
link   
If you think that strange you will flip over this....

www.tomzap.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Toltec Interesting!!! I was in Malta awhile ago and visited the stoneage temples, I couldnt belive the workmanship!! The stones were placed without mortar and fitted perfectly together. In some places I couldnt get the blade of a fingernail file in the joints, and considering that some of these stones are over 6 foot high and more than 6 feet thick. A real accomplishment for a time period were the people were considered to be just learning to communicate!! I am always fascinated with these things, the implications are incredible! If someone designed this why? Who educated the engineer, stonecutter, transporter, etc.. The logistics alone are mindbogling!!

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I think it's not that we can't make those items, there is just no need for them.
We are not that dependant on religion anymore, nor do we have to build huge burial facilities for our countries leaders.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 07:23 AM
link   
the Skull that was declared a fake seems familiar Jimcrispi but i can't recall if it was the crystal skull the british museum owns or if it was the smaller crystal skull which was adapted to hold a crucifix by the spanish.
but the mitchell hedges skull is one of these where it has been carved against the grain plus the pieza elecrtic crystal is alos more fragile still

the things i find more amazing are the myths and legends about these skulls plus the so called things they contain. ancient knowledge from our ancestors describing our future and past. but as i just very minorly mentioned earlier pieza-electric crystal is used be computer manufactureres llike HP to make there silicon chips scientific tests by HP found that it was very high quality. the pieza-electric crystal is like a natural filing cabinet and in computers is used to store infomation. is this possible with the crystal skull then?

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jimcrispi
Gazork I remember that one of the skulls, as there are about a dozen of them if I remember correctly, was declared a possible fake.

Actually, all of them have been found to be fake.

Now... this doesn't mean the ancients can't make things that we have no idea how to do. Here's some things they did that we don't know how to do:

* Egyptian mummies (we know most of what goes into it but not the exact process)
* Egyptian faience (we know they glazed the stone surface with glass, but don't have the exact formula)
* Samaurai swords -- we come close with some of our steels, but not exactly.

Much of it has to do with the processing. We know what's in there, and we can approximate it. But we don't know (for instance) how hot the furnaces were when they were mass-producing faience to get the various glazes that they get.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 08:13 AM
link   
As far as the skulls being a kind of hard disk I dont know, I am always one to say could be! I read also read that when intense light is projected at certain points, the resulting prismatic color effect is suppose to be amazing!

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by Jimcrispi
Gazork I remember that one of the skulls, as there are about a dozen of them if I remember correctly, was declared a possible fake.

Actually, all of them have been found to be fake.

Now... this doesn't mean the ancients can't make things that we have no idea how to do. Here's some things they did that we don't know how to do:

* Egyptian mummies (we know most of what goes into it but not the exact process)
* Egyptian faience (we know they glazed the stone surface with glass, but don't have the exact formula)
* Samaurai swords -- we come close with some of our steels, but not exactly.

Much of it has to do with the processing. We know what's in there, and we can approximate it. But we don't know (for instance) how hot the furnaces were when they were mass-producing faience to get the various glazes that they get.

Do you have any reference material that debunks the crystal skulls? Any links would be great. Until then, the mystery around them, to me, is still there.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Link

This should help a bit....

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 08:45 AM
link   

The questionable origin of the Mitchell-Hedges skull has not deterred belief in the skull's mysterious properties. Rather, at least 13 other skulls have mysteriously appeared over the years. Some of these skulls are claimed to have magical origins and healing powers. However, a study of several crystal skulls by the British Museum in 1996 indicates that the only magic involved in the creation of these skulls was in keeping their fraudulent origin a secret. The study concluded that the skulls were made in Germany within the past 150 years. The recent origin explains how they were made with tools unavailable to the ancient Mayans or Aztecs.

Well, it seems that we can make Crystal Skulls, and that the Mayans can't, a reverse in this topic I dare say

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:34 AM
link   
well if this is the case it's a very good story and a very good fake

Originally posted by TheFiresOfHeaven

a crystal maker in germany tried making one it took him a year to make using dimond tipped power tools and still lacked the beuty and was said to be obviously made with modern tools they also ended up making a total of eleven broken jawbones before one stayed together long enough to go on show where it promplty broke

i still don't understand how all of them have been debunked i see the obvious working of power tools as a big clue but it seems there is still no actual scientific evidence that has been found, and i'm getting this feeling that they've all been decrared fakes because the scientists can't find a reason. i might just be barking up the wrong tree

i'm talking about the mitchell hedges skull in particular as it has the detachable jawbone which is made from the same block of rock crystal which has not been reproduced to the same standards

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:53 AM
link   
simple, it's callled an entire society giving 110% to a multiple goal, something that is lacking in todays society.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
well there is that theory of our civilisation resetting itself

top topics

<<   2 >>

join