It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minister charged with abuse in boy's death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Minister charged with abuse in boy's death
Journal Sentinel staff
Last Updated: Aug. 26, 2003
A church minister was charged Tuesday with physical abuse of a child in the death of an 8-year-old autistic boy who died as church leaders tried to heal him at a storefront church in Milwaukee.

www.jsonline.com...

I find this very disturbing!
That in this day and age that some people still see some illness as the devils work..

All i can say is poor kid and i hope all involved go down for murder!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Religious people are some of the most ignorant on the planet, unfortunately. Everything is either evil or good, to them, and "god" is the cure for evil.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   
NO man im religious and thats not how we see it everything is just not good and bad and Yes God is the answer he works mysteriously

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   
People who take take there faith as an aliby for murder should get the electric chair, there was no need for this to ever of happened! Anybody who had half an ounce of sence would know that he wasn't possesed

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   
These people should defiantely be held responsible for their actions!
That is soooo lame! How can people be so gullible and insensible?

-JAH

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This is just another example of why I believe Organized religion is evil and brings nothing but suffering, fear, and death to people.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 07:35 PM
link   
How true!!!
Just seems it causes more problems ...
i mean look at most wars it all about religion
(That is just a personal opinion)
sorry if i offend anyone
feel free to correct me!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   
nice to see someone agrees with me! Who needs religion anyways!? Most religions are just a way to get power.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   
When people tell me they speak to god, I call them crazy. When they tell me god speaks to them, I tell them to seek professional help. If the voice in your head isn't yours, you have severe mental illness.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
Religious people are some of the most ignorant on the planet, unfortunately. Everything is either evil or good, to them, and "god" is the cure for evil.

Any carpet statement about 'religious people' is itself ignorant. It denies, in its construction, the fact that the clerics in every religion ARE NOT the same.

In the case in question, the minister was practicing from a church he set-up in a shopping strip. He was a member of a denominatyion which does not require a degree from an accredited university/college/seminary to achieve ordaination. He was also not a minister in a 'main line' religion.

In reality, however, clergy from the main christian denominations, on average, are better educated than people in most other job areas. There are orders within the Catholic church, for instance, wherein the members spend their entire life earnings degrees and passing that information on to other people. In fact, many Catholic clergymen I know could turn the arguments of the 'scientific' people on this forum into swiss cheese.

So, before you condemn all clergy because of one guy in a poor neighborhood who invented his own church, you had better pay attention to the millions across the world who are members of educational orders.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
that is so sad...ministers are sopose to be someone to go to when you have a problem...apperantly not.

new topics

top topics

join