It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Video Games would make good movies?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I'm going to nominate:

Quake
Halo
Prince of Persia

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
yeah i would have to say halo, in that it has a very good story behind it
already, and plays like a movie

maybe also sim city? now that would be a great movie

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Problem with Halo is that althought the story isn't bad, Master Chief doens't do much talking, just shooting. Thats great and all but it makes for a more fun game than it does a movie. What I'm saying is that, the run and gun style really only works for for a video game, and it just wouldn't feel right as a movie.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Problem with Halo is that althought the story isn't bad, Master Chief doens't do much talking, just shooting. Thats great and all but it makes for a more fun game than it does a movie. What I'm saying is that, the run and gun style really only works for for a video game, and it just wouldn't feel right as a movie.

True, true, although he does significantly more talking in the books, which they could use for inspiration as well. You could also focus on the other, smaller roles - Seargent Johnson, for examples, or Captain Keyes.

It could be good if they focused on aspects such as the Covenant's unbridled hatred for humanity on religious grounds and the overwhelming sense of "We are totally screwed now" that must have been felt when the Covenant destroyed our first ships. Plus, how beautiful would it look to have the Halo rings slowly rotating on a giant theatre screen with that cool chanting music in the background?

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Warcraft or World of Warcraft. Also, I think the Metal Gear Solid series would make good movies, if done right. Here's a list though, to make things simpler:

1. Warcraft/World of Warcraft
2. Metal Gear Solid
3. Kingdom Hearts
4. Dark Cloud

-DucKid

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The thing with halo is that it would make a perfect action movie. There wouldnt be any crappy comic relief, or prolonged corny speeches that ruin most action movies. It would be solid action, and for the ones that say not a lot of talking is bad how about blade, not a lot of talking by him and that movie is awesome.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I agree with DragonsDemesne. I think Deus Ex would be an excellent movie.

flc

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
the game that would make the best movie is halo 2. of course, they are already making it. therefore, this post is worthless. lol

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I'd like to add Freedom Fighter to the list along w/Halo, and Half Life.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Katamari Damacy

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Katamari, rofl.

I'd have to go with Halo, but, I'd assume they'd take it from the books, like, instead of seeing the MC talk, it would be in thoughts. Thoughts while fighting, thoughts about the strats. Comic relief = soldiers comments (i.e. "I'd be pissed off too if I was that damn ugly")
Action would be sweet, but since its hollywood, don't expect it to follow the game.

Other than Halo, contra 3, heck yea. Greatest shooter ever (opinion much?). The best idea so far has totally been any of the mechwarrior games.

Hey! what about pong!

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Metal gear, for sure. I have played them all.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
The thing with halo is that it would make a perfect action movie. There wouldnt be any crappy comic relief, or prolonged corny speeches that ruin most action movies. It would be solid action, and for the ones that say not a lot of talking is bad how about blade, not a lot of talking by him and that movie is awesome.

I guess you didn't play the part with The Keeper ...

Man that lil flying robot got so much on my nerves. After finishing the game I went into god mode and replayed the level with it just to try and kill it. I think I expelled a few million rounds on it before I felt satisfied.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
aaah, that's right! the monitor!

How did you have godmode?

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Don't remember what it was for Halo XD

Once I got Halo 2 I didn't look back

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Junkheap
Katamari Damacy

lol Katamari Damacy!?

hmm what else, Tekken, and DRAGONBALL Z

[edit on 23-9-2005 by Striker122]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I noticed that Doom is going to be released soon and Halo is penciled for a 2007 launch - Alex Garland (The Beach) is writing it and it has been rumoured that Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings, King Kong) will direct. Having seen a trailer for Doom it appears as though they ported the game direct from the PC - they even have a first-person perspective of a gun going down corridors...

My personal favourites for game to movie adaptations not mentioned so far would have to be System Shock & Max Payne. Mind you, most games are pretty derivative of Hollywood movies themselves. Oh and Football Manager would be a great game in my opinion - just seeing all those numbers on the big screen - pure cinematic heaven.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I'm surprised that no one said perfect dark. I believe its a pefect mix of action and suspense that is set in a futuristic world. It would probably be made if perfect dark zero on x-box 360 is successful which probably will in the near future. Far cry will probably be pretty cool. Also command n conquer will be insane too. That would be awesome.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Shadowrun - Gens Version

The premise in this cyberpunk epic: you arrive in Seattle in the year 2050 to find out who killed your brother, and why.

www.the-underdogs.org...

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
metal gear solid 2 would make an excellent movie.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join