It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well Done Britain!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Britain has been the target of many terrorist attacks, but has never fallen. In regards to the most recent bombs in London we can see how well organized and informed the British police really are. It only took a week after the botched attack on the London underground for the police and everyone else involved in the investigation to find the four suspected bombers and place them in custody. Police now have twenty people who they believe were connected to the botched attacks.

Hopefully with such speedy arrests many people will be deterred from being involved with any extremist groups within Britain, and those who chose to continue their involvement will be found and prosecuted.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
We were talking about this earlier today at the office, and everyone was just so impressed with the way the British have handled this situation.

Way to go, UK!

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Hey-hey!
Britain did little to nothing to in anyway provoke bombing and the killing of innocent people.
But as usual you'll rise again and be stronger. Secure your area and help other not-so-close-knit Countries do the same.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   
They were even Psychic!

Several different people on the forum of the London Evening Standard website are reporting their own perculiar experiences on the day of the bombing.

One member writes,

Hi everyone,

Did anyone travelling in BEFORE the attacks began yesterday notice anything peculiar on their tube journey?

I catch the Piccadilly line at 7.15am each morning from Southgate to reach my work in Kensington by 8.00. Normally, all seats are taken by Finsbury Park and carriages are packed by Kings Cross.

However, yesterday my tube journey was eerily quiet. For the first time ever there were spare seats in my carriage all the way through zone 1. It was noticeable enough for me to wonder what on earth was going on. This was at 7.45 - over an hour before attacks began.

I've also heard people saying that the Northern Line was being shut down at the same time.

Is there something that we're not being told?

Another member responds,

yes!!

I was due to pick a work collegue up from balham at 7:15am, but when i got there i was greeted with Tube emergency vans, police and and hoards of people being turned away from a closed station.

All very strange they must have known something was going to happan, the surely had a tip off. As i drove along the road, (which also follows the tubes) they were all shut and hundreds of people were queing for buses.

when i reached Oval, which was open there were two armed policemen in a road next to the station, which for a quiet area like that is extremly rare.

the northen line was shut from morden to stockwell. They blatently knew something was going down, they just got it wrong and are hoping no one mentions anything.

www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Do you not think the participation of the war in the middle east is what has fuelled these recent attacks?

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Yes. Of course. There are other countries not involved without a UN resolution that have not been preyed upon (yet).

Dallas

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I dont think that the participation in the war, in the middle east, has fuelled the attacks solely.

In my mind the terrorist's are using the war as a justification of their terror. The hatred has been there for years and this is just a vent for the terrorists to exploit.

The bombings in Pakistan and especially Egypt give some credence to this as neither of these countries have been directly involved with the war, other than perhaps round up some suspected terrorists and passing information etc.

My personal opinion is that the hatred stems from the partition of Palestine and the creation of the Israeli state. When this issue is sorted then we will have peace.

Spacemunkey

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
This is interesting because it ties in with my thread. I have a feeling that there was something going on right from the beginning, and we just didn't know about it. I'm sure we'll find out later though, they'll probably make a bloody interesting TV program about it.

Anyway, yes, well done Blighty! Cracking good job, both with speed and efficiency.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Cracking job indeed, old chap

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion

This is completely off topic but; you wouldn't happen to be "Nonphixion" from the Overgrow Edge forums would you?

Back on topic, does anyone know of the precise timeframe between the first bombings and the capture of all suspects? If it is the case that nothing intelligence-wise went on before the bombs went off, then the time between the first bombs and the failed bombs is the time they had to work with... by this we can use Occam's Razor to decide which is more likely; working with no previous intelligence, or having a whole operation going on and knowing about it right from the start.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Universal Indicator

Originally posted by phixion

This is completely off topic but; you wouldn't happen to be "Nonphixion" from the Overgrow Edge forums would you?

Nupe not me!

Originally posted by Universal Indicator
Back on topic, does anyone know of the precise timeframe between the first bombings and the capture of all suspects?

The first bombings happened on 7/7, then the botched attacks on 21/7, followed by arrests made on the 27th (in Birmingham) 28th and 29th (in London).

A detailed time line of arrests can be found here.

[edit on 30-7-2005 by phixion]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Citizens here present, it is my duty to remind you that it has not yet been proven that any of the suspects in either of the london bombings had anything to do with the bombings at all.

The British government are therefore doing a very poor job in the justice department and your congratulations are misplaced

In order to encourage independent rational thought, I suggest that you destroy your TV set

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roy Robinson Stewart
The British government are therefore doing a very poor job in the justice department and your congratulations are misplaced

They are the key suspects in the investigation. Good enough for me to receive a congrats.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Citizens here present, it is my duty to remind you that it has not yet been proven that any of the suspects in either of the london bombings had anything to do with the bombings at all.

In order to encourage independent rational thought, I suggest that you destroy your TV set

what sort of reasoning is that? ...the british government are doing a very poor job??? ....how do you work that one out?

oh, and btw, there wasn't 2 bombings, there were 4 bombings and 5 attempted bombings

Edit......I suppose your going to spout off about the shooting of the Brazilian guy in the tube and accuse the police of being fascists...etc. etc.

Spacemunkey

[edit on 30-7-2005 by spacemunkey]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
So? At least they have suspected people in custody, and if the guilty(s) parties are there. Then you have reduced the potential killing factor - yes?

I mean is Scotland yard holding suspicious looking people or is the basis of the arrest a wee-bit-more?

Dallas

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Guilt or otherwise is decided in court, not by the police.

The suspects have only just been arrested, the police are questioning them to find out more about the network and their involvement, so as you would expect they have not yet gone to court - so how can the British Govt be doing a bad job over the arrests?

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I also thought they'd found some kind of explosives/explosive making devices at the houses they raided? Or did I miss-hear?

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Guilt or otherwise is decided in court, not by the police.

The suspects have only just been arrested, the police are questioning them to find out more about the network and their involvement, so as you would expect they have not yet gone to court - so how can the British Govt be doing "a very poor job in the justice department" ?

[edit on 30-7-2005 by tommyc]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   
So one week after the crime the cops have suspects in custody who are now exposed to due process and they're doing a poor job? I'm quite impressed myself. I will, of course, wait for the outcome of the trial before I refer to these people as anything other than the 'alleged bombers.'

I'm also pretty reassured that the bomber's network, if there is one, seem to have had no fall back plan for their guys and appear to have just dumped them. I'm begining to think maybe these people aren't as well organised as we may have once feared. One of the 'alleged' bombers fled to...his brother's flat in Rome. As a bolt hole from the largest manhunt in post-war British legal history that must rate as only slightly less stupid than just going home.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Do you not think the participation of the war in the middle east is what has fuelled these recent attacks?

No because there is no real evidence, except for evidence that was probably manufactured that britian was attacked by terrorists.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join