It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circles: What are they caused by and/or what do they mean?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   
What do you think crop circles are made from (the unexplained ones)? Is it a form of art? Is it from UFOs flying near crops? Are they messages?

What are your thoughts?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm starting to think that they are caused by UFO flight. You usually see circles formed. I think that could be from the so-called anti-gravity effects. I'll explain more if you guys think this is going somewhere (I don't want to put you guys into a state of boredom......yet.
).

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Well, I think its a rare weird natural phenomena, something along the lines of Aurora Borealis, occuring only under certain conditions.
Also, I think that geometrical and mathematical paterns of crop circles confirm this theory, since the very foundation of nature is math.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
What are they caused by?
I'm convinced that 99.9 percent are caused by students

What do you think crop circles are made from?
Mostly wheat.

Is it a form of art?
I guess it depends who is looking at it.

Is it from UFOs flying near crops?
Probably not, but who can tell, there's no proof.

Are they messages?
I have no idea.

There was a thread on this last week. I made some more productive comments there.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I think that Crop circles are caused by higher intelligence, because you see mostly geometrical ones, but...once i saw a story about a crop formation that was in the form of some strange language...I forgot where i saw it. I'm gonna go look for it now.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I would have to agree some what that many of them are man made I have some video on this from abc from some time ago but. In order to tell if they are man made or not there are a few ways to do this. You will need a radiation meter. There is a reason to use this some of the older agfd's or anti gravitation flying disk's used nuclear reactors as power. The lift caused by these usally left some kind of radiation signature behind. But with the newer anti gravity technology as well as electrogravitic engines it is really hard to pick up traces of the lift left behind on the wheat and so on. Usally when it comes to man made crop circles you can see a bend in the middle of the wheat or what looks like a un natural bend in the wheat this means it was done with a rope and a piece of wood big enough to step on and make the circles. If the bend is not there then there is a real good chance it was made by a agfd or a alien craft of some sort. But on the other hand as far as the art that is a real good question. I have wondered for a long time what the hell is the meaning of the different forms of crop circles and why are all of them different. Some of them are not all different I remember seeing pictures posted somewhere. where in different parts of the world the circles that were being made looked very much the same as some of the counter parts.
I would like to think that some of these are a alien discription of what they precive as somthing like our galaxy so on so forth these things could in some cases be argued in that fasion but this isnt to say also that some of the signs being made are not a discription so to speak of what to look for in space when looking for a home world to the visiting groups that have visited so far. Time will tell though. I will say this I am under the impression at this time I belive that we will be seeing alot more crop circles as well as flying craft in the near future. Anyone care to comment on that.

Falcon

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Extremely well put Falcon.

I forgot to mention the thought on natural occurances.

Now, I just thought about something... Do cropcircles only appear in farming kind of fields (meaning, are there any cases of them being in plain meadows and grasslands)?

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
go watch that mel gibson movie, Signs.
It will explain everything

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastervampire
go watch that mel gibson movie, Signs.
It will explain everything

How about go find my post on Signs. That will show you what I thought about that movie...

How about I give you the link too...

What did you think about "Signs?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for even mentioning that movie, you get a cyber whipping.

Just messing...

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 11:42 PM
link   
From what Ive heard crop circle's actually date back to earlier centuries, which means that they could either be bizarre natural phenomena or otherworldly. Scientists have been trying to explain why the organic matter around the circles (and shapes) seem to have exploded as if the moisture was heated to extreme temperatures, without leaving charring on the material, which indicates some sort of radiation or energy. One theory was that they were created by naturally occuring Ionic energy, but of course nothing has been proven yet.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by daeldren
From what Ive heard crop circle's actually date back to earlier centuries, which means that they could either be bizarre natural phenomena or otherworldly. Scientists have been trying to explain why the organic matter around the circles (and shapes) seem to have exploded as if the moisture was heated to extreme temperatures, without leaving charring on the material, which indicates some sort of radiation or energy. One theory was that they were created by naturally occuring Ionic energy, but of course nothing has been proven yet.

Exploded organic material? I haven't heard of that before. I do know quite a few things about crop circles, but this is completely new to me.

As how you are describing this, it sounds like microwaves are the cause (but that too might burn the material).

Truely interesting. Do you have any sources for this information?

new topics

top topics

join