It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazilian's family claim police altered their story - Times Online

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

TimesOnline.co.uk

The family of the Brazilian man shot dead by marksmen who mistook him for a suicide bomber revealed last night how police have changed their account of the incident.

As the body of Jean Charles de Menezes was flown home to Brazil for his funeral later today, his cousin said that senior officers at Scotland Yard have retracted claims that the 27-year-old electrician was acting suspiciously, so officers had no option but to open fire.

Vivien Figueiredo, 22, said police told her that he was wearing a lightweight denim jacket and not some bulky coat that could have hidden an explosive belt underneath. Detectives also claimed immediately after the shooting that Mr Menezes had refused to heed shouted warnings by armed police and vaulted the ticket barriers at Stockwell Tube station.

Now police say that he used his travelcard to gain access to the station. Ms Figueiredo said: “They are saying he did absolutely nothing wrong when he was killed, so why don’t they say all this publicly.”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The guy got shot for no reason. Why?

What was the point in manipulating the story?

[edit on 28/7/05 by Hunting Veritas]

xu

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
so he did not wear a bulky jacket as it was being claimed.

and he did not jump over the barriers as it was being claimed by the police.

now the only thing remains is did he actually disobey the warnings of the police? but from the above, the crediblity of the reports the cops gave that day are pretty much suspicious.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I read WHITNESS interviews that reported the guy had a "un seasonable" jacket on. It wasn’t an official statement; it was a regular guy who was there who reported it.

Are they claiming the police changed the whitnesses stories as well?

As tragic as this event is, not everything is a conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
I read WHITNESS interviews that reported the guy had a "un seasonable" jacket on. It wasn’t an official statement; it was a regular guy who was there who reported it.

If he was in un-seasonable clothing why would the police change the story.

They probly didn't change the eye-witnesses stories but why change the story at all?

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

In all fairness, wearing any jacket in the summer, is "unseasonable". It certainly doesn't mean it was a big padded jacket.

So a denim jacket is "unseasonable" as it was a hot day, the witness was telling the truth. No witness statement has been changed.

But lets face it, you can't get many bombs under a thin denim jacket eh.

XU

the crediblity of the reports the cops gave that day are pretty much suspicious.

We can't say that. We have not read any of the police reports. All we have read are the reporters "reports". I have been unable to find an "official police report" on the incident anywhere on the internet.

However, this whole situation appears to have been a massive mistake.

It was stated that the block of flats he was residing in was being watched. Blocks of flats in London hold hundreds and sometimes thousands of residents. I have not read anywhere that he or his flat were under direct surveillance.

I think he was, in the wrong place at the wrong time.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Let me throw in my 2-cents on this subject.

We all know suicide bombers like to do "dry-runs" before doing the actual operation with real explosives and who's to say this guy was not doing a Dry-run for his room-mate?

1) He was sharing a flat with a terrorist.

2) He was wearing a trenchcoat in the middle of summer.

3) He did not stop when told to numerous times...he even jumped the railing to get away from the cops and made a dash for the train.

So Im not entirely sure this guy is innocent. If he is innocent, than he's a Moron who showed poor judgement and paid the price.

Maximu§

[edit on 053131p://444 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   

So Im not entirely sure this guy is innocent. If he is innocent, than he's a Moron who showed poor judgement and paid the price.

yes, he was entirely innocent, this has been proven.

“They are saying he did absolutely nothing wrong when he was killed, so why don’t they say all this publicly.”

i dont know how you could even think he wasn't. poor judgement and paid the price? you've got to be kidding me, he wore a jacket for christ sakes. this planet is in very rough shape.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
In all fairness, wearing any jacket in the summer, is "unseasonable". It certainly doesn't mean it was a big padded jacket.
So a denim jacket is "unseasonable" as it was a hot day, the witness was telling the truth. No witness statement has been changed.

All of the sudden we are fashion police???

3) He did not stop when told to numerous times...he even jumped the railing to get away from the cops and made a dash for the train.

LA, why are you posting stuff like that, when is obvious that you didn't even read this article.

And for the last sentence. Show some compassion. The guy was shot seven times in the head. I wonder if there was a head left on his shoulder.

You know LA you don't have to be insesitive ***** every day.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Let me throw in my 2-cents on this subject.

We all know suicide bombers like to do "dry-runs" before doing the actual operation with real explosives

We do? Or You do? How do you know this?

and who's to say this guy was not doing a Dry-run for his room-mate?

So who is saying he may be "doing a Dry-run for his room-mate?"

You? Why?

Are you making this up as you go along? He lived in a block of flats, that was under surveillance. Hundreds of people live in that block.

How have you managed to turn a demin jacket into trenchcoat?

3) He did not stop when told to numerous times...

By unknown men pointing guns at him...I wouldn't stop either.

he even jumped the railing to get away from the cops and made a dash for the train.

According to the police he used his railcard to get through the gates.

So Im not entirely sure this guy is innocent. If he is innocnet, than he's a Moron whould showed poor judgement and paid the price.

Yep, next time three men I do not know come running at me with guns, I will stand still and do nothing....

Good plan.

[edit on 28-7-2005 by Kriz_4]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek

All of the sudden we are fashion police???

Are you for real?

Wearing a long sleeve denim jacket makes you very warm on a hot day does it not? I guess you are far more trendy in your thinking.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Kritz and Yanchek...this is only my opinion.

I could be wrong, but I could be right. Theres no way we can go into that guys mind and read it.

I think we agree, only a Fool would try and board a train in London after the recent bombings wearing a heavy jacket and while running from the cops.

Maximu§

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Wearing a long sleeve denim jacket makes you very warm on a hot day does it not? I guess you are far more trendy in your thinking.

Yep, he shure would boil inthis one

Come on Kriz, the guy was from Brasil.

jra

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek

Yep, he shure would boil inthis one

Come on Kriz, the guy was from Brasil.

Yeah I was just going to say that the guy is Brazilian. It gets really damned hot there. What may be considered hot in the UK may be mild where he's from. How hot was it that day does anyone know?

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
LA - i respect differences of opinions, but maybe its best to do just a tad research before posting stuff like that? Even the police have admitted they were wrong and he was entirely innocent.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I agree Skippy,
this guy was stupid enough to ignore police warnings whe nguns were drawn, runing into a crowded train with a large coat.
with the current climate of bombings in london, the police had NO OTHER CHOICE

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Oh for goodnes sake, will these Brazilians please get over it.

Maybe they didn't notice that only a few days earlier 50 or so people were murdered by terrorists?

Their wonderful son screwed up big time and an unfortunate event happened. In the situation its suprising that there are no more "false positive" deaths like that.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
For this outcry to come from Brazil of all places is laughable.

Death squad kills at least 30 people

Military police are suspected of being behind the killings
A death squad has killed at least 30 people in the Brazilian state of Rio de Janeiro, police say.
Several teenagers and a child were among those gunned down on Thursday night in towns in the districts of Queimados and Nova Iguacu.

Authorities say they are looking at the possible role of what they call rogue police, in a potential act of reprisal for recent arrests of eight officers.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Pot/kettle or bereaved family after a tabloid pay-out? The shooting in London was very sad but so's this mawkish conspiracy speculation - there'll be an inquest and a verdict and possibly a trial.

Will there be one for the dead of Queirmados? Probably not.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Ive never seen so much senseless bull# in a single thread.

Ppl calling the guy a moron/stupid and so on.
Telling he deserved to be murdered.

Even after the police said they did a mistake ppl still saying they did a good job.
Insane !!!

All this make me sick, stupid ppl with stupid comments.

You, saying the guy deserved to be MURDERED.
Can we say the same to you UKers, that you got what you deserved at the bombings ?
By supporting a war where the only objective was to grab more money and power !
You went to a foreign place INVADE IT without reason MURDERED THOUSAND of INNOCENT ppl.
Why do you think you have the right to do that and go unpunished ?

---Well, this was just to enlight the mind of a small number of crazy ppl saying the guy got waht he deserved.---

I dont care what was his nationality, but just have a bit of RESPECT.
As any other of us that are not UKers had for you after the bombing.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus

Oh No!

Now that makes him THE Main Terrorist Suspect!

Maybe he did not know what his Roomate was doing - still he got shot in the head lots of times for just "knowing" him?

I wonder what the Police would do to the Family of these "Terrorists"?

But I see that Most of the People here dont really care about this Poor Dead Guy, that didnt do anything really wrong, but to Dress Funny.

If that was the Crime, Punishable by Death, we would be seeing ALOT of Dead People on the Streets with Holes in their Heads.

Truth is - I am Sickened by Response of the Majority, even responses from the Moderators.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Oh for goodnes sake, will these Brazilians please get over it.

Maybe they didn't notice that only a few days earlier 50 or so people were murdered by terrorists?

Their wonderful son screwed up big time and an unfortunate event happened. In the situation its suprising that there are no more "false positive" deaths like that.

The Brazilians should GET OVER IT??! An innocent man was murdered. laws were broken and his family should GET OVER IT??!!

And you wear a "super moderator" title???

Pathetic....

There is no friend anywhere - Lao Tse

top topics

join