It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army recruitment declines in USA and UK

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
You know what BH, I still enjoyed debating with you and thats why I joined ATS. Im amazed our opinions even came close to agreeing.

Max

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
You know what BH, I still enjoyed debating with you and thats why I joined ATS. Im amazed our opinions even came close to agreeing.

Max

I enjoy it as well. We're polar opposites, yet can still enjoy a respectful debate. That's saying a lot. Thank you. I only wish all conversations around here were like this.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Yeah, and I suppose all young boys play on their Xbox all day are My Little Pony and Strawberry Shortcake games eh?

Anyway, I enjoyed reading the load of crap in this thread. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Looks like after reading the thread that the future of American and UK forces is doomed. The kids of today don't want to go into the military, its a way of life that gets you killed nowadays. How do we fight wars if we don't have anyone interested in joining up?

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I would be first in line for camo and a rifle if either my country was threatened with invasion or an ally was under threat. You can be sure that I would never join up to be sent to invade a 3rd world sh*ithole to kill men who are of no threat me.

I also will not fight ill-conceived wars for other countries. You fight them yourself.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
thats because Serum, the young Americans here are taking things for granted that older Americans have help to create in passing the torch of taking care of the country. this generation is more lazy and expect things and people to serve them. instead of working for themselves. i believe the new generation of people are called the entitlement generation. not willing to help others. im not saying that all young Americans are like that, but there is a vast amount of people who dont appreciate others.

so basicly ur are condoning the war with iraq and saying its fine and good to go blow up a country that we should have nuthing to do with thats y none of the younger generation want to enlist go fight for what oil or to take out some more lives that have done nuthing to us.

[edit on 2-8-2005 by mathew]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bulldog 52
Looks like the armed forces of the US and UK are not seen as viable work options nowadays. Perhaps the younger generation don't want to go to a war zone and prefer to pursue careers that might take them into old age. How will the military fill the gap? They can always introduce a draft, but people who don't want to fight are not the best soldiers. Links observer.guardian.co.uk... and www.wsws.org...

I can tell you now that if i was drafted, I would go.. but would I shoot anyone? No, i wouldn't. Ever, I would rather be shot dead myself. so you're right, reluctant soldiers don't make good ones!

I guess bush could always start paying the Military what they're worth instead of shipping them off to war, and cutting their salary's and pensions.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Army Secretary Noel Harvey and Gen. Richard Cody, the vice chief of staff, said Monday that the Army is using looser Defense Department rules that permits it to sign up more high school dropouts and people who score lower on mental-qualification tests, but they denied that this meant it was lowering standards.
Military.com

It looks like recruitment in the USA might suddenly go up!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join