It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kill one billion people??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
There are some who believe that Islam is the root of all terrorism and the way to stop terrorism is to kill/contain muslims....that's over a billion people!!

Are there people out there who really believe that destroying the beliefs or lives of a billion people is ok?

Well I for one think it's totally naive to think that by curtailing the civil liberties of muslims, the problem will be solved....it would make it worse as history has shown.

[edit on 27-7-2005 by hellfire3]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
hellfire, can you say atchung?

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
What do you mean by that?

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by picard_is_actually_a_grey

Classic!! I can say Schnell as well.

Killing all of them would be bit extreme, and its not just Muslims you know. Just slaughter the 'people' that are terrorists.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellfire3
There are some who believe that Islam is the root of all terrorism and the way to stop terrorism is to kill/contain muslims....that's over a billion people!!

Are there people out there who really believe that destroying the beliefs or lives of a billion people is ok?

Fundamentalism/fundamentalist extremists are not restricted to religion or region.
Neither are the fascism cliche's being used in this thread. Example and only an example:

As such, I am quite positive that those minority [ie: minority in that they do not represent true Islam or the Islamic religion] Islamic fundamentalist extremists would "kill/contain" many who make up Western society. How many billions would that embody?

seekerof

[edit on 27-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Please dont turn this thread into a discussion on genocide.....

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Can it be concievable that only some 50 or less years after Hannah Arendt wrote her account of the Eichmann trail, we are already back to the point whereby we are questioning the expediency of moral values that we all thought the 20th century demonstrated invioable? Remember that the banaily of evil is that we can expitide rights and wrongs from our moral thinking for the most banal of reasons. Percieved fear being of of the biggest...

we cant start justifying horrific and unust stuff just coz we're scared can we?

Does terrorism that we have had for years mean that NOW we should turn the world on it's head?

Scary

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Here's the definition of Facism from wikipedia

"* exalts the nation, (and sometimes the race or culture) above the individual, with the state apparatus being supreme.
* stresses loyalty to a single leader.
* uses violence and modern techniques of propaganda and censorship to forcibly suppress political opposition.
* engages in severe economic and social regimentation.
* engages in syndicalist corporatism.
* implements totalitarian systems."

en.wikipedia.org...

While this sounds alot like Islamic fundamentalism, it also sounds like someone else, eh? Especially the syndicalist corporatism.

en.wikipedia.org...

Who says facists can't fight among themselves? If your facist views are different enough, its completely possible.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Yes, and the group that believes in that and practices their beliefs through terrorism is collectively called radical muslims.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by picard_is_actually_a_grey

atchung isnt a word, maybe you mean the german word achtung??

anyway what are you trying to say?

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Well I for one think it's totally naive to think that by curtailing the civil liberties of muslims, the problem will be solved....it would make it worse as history has shown.

[edit on 27-7-2005 by hellfire3]

This is wrong? Am I reading a different language than what I was taught? Is ignorance ruling our thoughts? What's wrong with this? I just don't get it.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
* exalts the nation, (and sometimes the race or culture) above the individual, with the state apparatus being supreme.

Muslim fundamentalists exalts the faith much the same way like the fascists does. You can find a perfect example of a near-totalitarian Islamic state: Saudi Arabia and Iran.

* stresses loyalty to a single leader.

A Grand Ayatollah is a venerated singular leader of Islam. So is a Caliph, though there hasn't been one for few centuries.

* uses violence and modern techniques of propaganda and censorship to forcibly suppress political opposition.

You can find those plenty in Saudi Arabia, Iran, Syria, Yemen, Somalia, the Sudan, Chad, and other Islamic states.

* engages in severe economic and social regimentation.

To be a Christian or a Jew in an Islamic state, you would be taxed and socially classified according to the Qu'ran.

* engages in syndicalist corporatism.

I'm not sure there's an Islamic equivalent but many Islamic businesses engaged in that practices of some sort to promote Islam.

* implements totalitarian systems."

Same as in no. 1 above.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Holy hell!, where the hell is hellfire!!

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by evanfitz
Holy hell!, where the hell is hellfire!!

Don't know but I'm waiting on answers to my questions.

top topics

join