It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL AUSSIES FORGOT ABOUT FREE SPEECH.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 04:11 AM
link   
well the time has come again, that shows how the NWO is getting it's stranglehold on Australia, now in the following scenario, who would you think, would get the stiffer penalty?
CASE 1 - A schizofrenic man attempts to behead the woman that he was going to marry, he cut her throat so badly that he nearly severed her head!
or
CASE 2 - A woman from queensland, who is just a normal working mum, who stands up for the silent majority, and speaks out about the beauracrats that run the Australian government,. ie, little johnny lapdog howard who does what ever george bush and the CIA want!

Now if you're thinking that the physco head-cutter would get locked up for life, well think again!, he didn't even go to jail!, he told the judge that because he was physco, he should have been kept in an asylum, the result? he walks away with a taxpayer funded payout of $300,000, wow, you can murder someone and get paid for it, just the moral foundations our kids need!, we also had a pedophile who spent just six hours behind bars, before being released!, crazy stuff.
But the aussie battler who spoke out against our crummy government, got locked up for 3 years!, with no parole, or conditional release, she even got classed as a high risk prisoner!, so it just goes to show, if you speak out against the system in Australia, then it's jail for you, this has outraged the majority of Australians, but the government thinks the sentence is justified. it's completely wrong and god help anyone else with the courage to speak out.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I have never bothered to find out what the NWO is basically i dont care what it is, Australia is a country of freedom just like United Kingdom and United States

So how can Aussies forget freedom of speech when the speak freely everyday?

And no i aint Australian.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 06:31 PM
link   
19 million Australians: "We are all individuals."
Octopus: "I'm not."

Grab that mood meter with a spare tentacle or two, Octo, you're about to fall of the right hand side into the great abyss!

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   
what the f**k

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   
the woman from queensland wouldnt happen to be pauline hanson would she??

if so you must tell the full story.

you know the whole fraud thing, you know the taxpayer money that she and david ethrige stole. well apparently anyway.

mind you i do think they have made an example of her. some killers, rapists, druggies get less than three years jail.

someone wanted her out of the running so to speak.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I naively didn't realize Octo was referring to Ms Hanson, I should have known.

She was certainly guilty of fraud in the One Nation party electioneering.

I have seen some polls in Oz where respondents say three years was too much. I reckon it is probably about right. It's what someone gets for knowingly breaking the law, and that sentence is a useful deterrent.

Are there and decent fish & chips shops left in Toowoomba?

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   
MA....alas you have your details screwy....

1) Her Chip shop was in Ipswich not toowoomba....and

2) The Fraud charges have BEEN DROPPED...according to the director of public prosecutions it was Ms. Hansons defence lawyers that held up the dropping of the charges...

saw that one coming about a million k's away didn't we...

Chris

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Yes, very screwy I think.

I was reading that she had broken down badly during her first 48 hours in prison.

Has she been released after sentencing? That is bizarre.

* BTW, I haven't been to Toowoomba for a while. It used to be the top ranked city for quality of life in Australia. Why??????? *

[Edited on 26-8-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
because of the kickass views you get from the tops of mountains....and all the nice flowers that everyone seems to grow well there...

To me toowoomba is a disgusting hole of a place filled with uni students with nothing better to do with their life but drink pi$$ and go to macdonalds...

Chris

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
OzChris

Yeah I understand the college campus town thing... kind of looked like a giant retiremenet centre to me.

Now I am CERTAIN that Hanson is in jail - as below - how could the charges have been dropped? Has there been some recent development, aside from an appeal????

Hanson behind bars
August 21, 2003

Voice of the battlers loses her last fight
From politics to handcuffs

In the end it was over in the shutting of a door. Pauline Hanson the red-haired rocket who shot across Australia's political landscape in the 1990s was led away to jail late yesterday.

Alternating between tears and anger, she finally adopted a defiant swagger as court officers took her and fellow One Nation founder David Ettridge to the basement lock-up of the Brisbane District Court after they had been found guilty of electoral fraud.

Hanson, who had been the voice of those Australians who felt marginalised by globalisation, Asian migration and Aboriginal activism, was led away handcuffed and facing strip searches as she and Ettridge prepared for their first night in custody at the Brisbane watchhouse before being processed for prison.

Lawyer Chris Nyst said he would lodge an appeal first thing today.

Defiant to the end, Hanson at one stage called out "Rubbish!" and was advised by one of her lawyers to be quiet.

District Court chief judge Patsy Wolfe told the pair their actions in fraudulently registering One Nation in Queensland in late 1997 had corrupted and undermined public confidence in the political and electoral process.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Octopus you make Pauline Hanson out to be jailed simply because she spoke up for certain minorities in the community. She commited electoral fraud!!!

This is not a case of the NWO taking over it is simply a case of a very stupid woman doing a very stupid thing. Breaking the law is breaking the law!

By the way she was put in prison as a high risk prisoner for her own safety. By the wider population she is seen as a racist. Im sure she would feel safer being in max security.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
She deserved to be jailed. The Insane murderer deserved to be executed. I dont care if you are insane it is not the fault of the government that he wasnt in a insane asylum. I have met "insane" they can seem most sane except when they dont want to.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
MA,

She was in jail on the 21st on August... The charges were dropped on the 24th....

Chris

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Pauline Hanson??

...why am I not surpised...

Pity the Psycho Case couldn't have been combined with the Hanson Case...have the looney whacking her head off...would have been so much better for the world as a whole...

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Update,

She is still in jail....BUT... she has lodged her appeal...do be continued.

BUT WAIT has the jail bird become song bird.. wait for Pauline Hanson Sings I love the world.....

Yes that's right she is making a CD to be realeased whenever she gets out of jail I suppose.

Can't wait to get that copy...and use it as a frisbee for my dog.

Chris

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   
hey this may seem like a little off topiced question, but im want to study abroad next semester and we have programs in sydney and melbourne....i hope im not causing any animosity between anyone by asking but.............. which one is better?

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Come to Melbourne for sure. Sydney is just a smoggy hole with nothing going for it.

Melbourne has a better night life, Aussie rules footy, the F1, The Melbourne Cup (horse racing) etc etc

The University of Melbourne and Monash University are regarded as some of the top Uni's is Oz.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Itchy,

Start your own thread... if you see fit....

This thread is for pauline!!!!!

Chris

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzChris
Itchy,

Start your own thread... if you see fit....

This thread is for pauline!!!!!

Chris

who is pauline

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Who is Pauline......

asia.news.yahoo.com...

[Edited on 8/28/2003 by helen670]

top topics

join