It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tower of Babel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Are there any articles about stargate that are written BEFORE the TV series - before 1995 - or so?

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 07:57 PM
link   
More on Enki....

www.mystae.com...

Check out the link at bottom of article which discusses the flood.

The issue of a stargates in Iraq is not actually being related to the events at Babel. At least to the extent I looked into the subject.

[Edited on 27-8-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Personally, I'm still totally misbelieving anything with the word "Stargate" in it...

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Babylon was (and is) all about astrology. The Babylonian zodiak had 36 "star gates" or dekans. They had a god guarding each of these gates and a human representative for each of them among the priests. If you add the numbers from 1 to 36 (1+2+3...+36) you get 666. This number was the number of their highest god and also his human representative, the highest priest. In other words they had three gods per star sign. The tower of Babel was looked uppon as a bridge between Heaven and Earth, where gods and humans could walk back and forth. Is the "stargate" infact their Zodiak? The Egyptian Mazzaroth is also a "stargate" if so. But where does it lead? And who wants to make real all the things it "predicts"?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 27-8-2003 by mikromarius]

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Any structur as massive as the biblical tower of Babel would leave some hefty debri. I am not surprised that no archeological evidence exists, but i am surprised that their has been few if any attempts to inquire about the buidling materials, construction techniuqe, or excavation of similiar yet smaller towers in the region. The concept of a cylindrical tower as the bible dipicts was an un heard of feat of engineering at that time. Culters of that time frame and region would be building Oblisks or other similiar structures not ringed tower. Towers as we know them are fairly new and date to about roman times not pre biblical times. As for a "star gate" i find it to far fetched to swallow, but if one wants to talk about an actual piece of architecture i believe it definatly did exist and probably collasped because of faulty engineering, it just didnt look like most modern scholars imagine.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   
the whole stargate idea was great in the movies and on the tv show, but i just dont believe there is such a thing as a stargate in that sense, or there was one back in the day. i do, however, believe the tower of babel to be something that really existed, and it being some kind of tower(not pyramid shaped). although for it to reach "the floor of heaven" it would probably have to be a few stories higher than any of the other buildings that these people of the time had seen. obviously they didnt literally mean that it touched the floor of heaven but that it was just very high in the air.

the tower may have stood for a long time, but i believe it to have fallen due to a series of earthquakes probably and it may be underwater at the moment, waiting for new advances in underwater archaeology to discover its ruins

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I dunno what you guys are talking about but i could not help but notice that nightwalkers avatar is quite boucy and busty

Deep

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Are thier any pics of this tower?
Deep

top topics

<< 1   >>

join