It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tower of Babel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The Tower of Bable was said to touch the floor of heaven. This could simply mean that it was high enough to touch the sky. But what if it meant something more. What if the Tower of Bable was the location of a Stargate? A stargate that lead to heaven.

The Tower of Bable was said to be located in Iraq. And it has been said that there was or is a Stargate located in Iraq. So what if there was a stargate that lead to heaven? What if it still exists?

Just something I have been thinking of for a while. Give me your thoughts on it.

Nightwalker

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   
It may have been a ziggurat.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Repeat after me.....

Stargate equals TV progam. TV program equals fantasy. Therefore Stargate equals fantasy. Its not real... (neither is superman)

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Repeat after me.....

Stargate equals TV progam. TV program equals fantasy. Therefore Stargate equals fantasy. Its not real... (neither is superman)

Hi net...
Superman is realy Clark kent.....he lives in smalleville....
If you take away the glasses ,you can see that i'm telling the truth......
Or was that only a made up character?
helen...
Oh, and Lois did not know at first , but she does now....she loves him !

Ok.....I'm sorry.......
hmmmmm spending too much time at A.T.S....

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Repeat after me.....

Hehe...yep.

I think it was a really tall zigguraut, and simply "seemed" to touch the sky as it was taller than anything else one of that time had seen....simple as that. It likely wasn't struck down by God, but instead, by faulty construction (a theme that would recurr often during the building of Gothic churches striving for a similar ideal).....

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Towe babbel is believed to be the stargate, but no one knows. The Stargate is believed to be someone where in Iraq, theres one in eygpt too somewhere.

zed

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It was on Chanell 3 last time I saw it.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I posted something about the stargate on another thread somewhere on here, with links to Iraq and the stargate

oui

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The tower of babel couldnt have been that tall.

In order to construct something that tall, you would need some way to compress, and dispense air, such as a gas mask with oxygen tank.

Look at fighter pilots, or mountain climbers... They reach insane heights, and need oxygen masks, scince the air thins out at levels that high...

If the tower of babel touched the floor of heaven, then the himalayan mountains, and jet planes, must be flying around the ceiling of heaven, cause I seriously doubt that they built a tower tall enough to be higher than the heights those reach....

Try stacking soda cans ontop of eachother, at 3000 feet, without a oxygen mask...

And as far as a "star gate", I'm with net chicken on it. Most of the time I'm pretty open minded towards things like ufo's, chupacabras, big foots, aliens, anti gravity machines, and all the rest... but when it comes to star gates... I remain a skeptic. I do not deny the existance of the tower of babel though... I just contend that it couldn't have been that tall...

[Edited on 25-8-2003 by oui]

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I was once told that the tower of Babel had 13 floors and that this was related to the cause of its destruction.

The person who explained that to me claimed to be serious and that it was relatable to the reason why buildings in general do not have a labeled 13th floor.

Myself never really took it seriously but then again how many buildings actually have a floor labeled 13th?

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The Thirteenth Floor Elevators were the best psychedelic band ever to come out of Texas. They are brilliant. Second album, Easter Everywhere, has made a huge lasting impact on music through to the 90s. Forget the Beatles.

In several Asian countries, for similar reasons to the superstition that omits the 13th floor in the US, there are no 14th floors.

In yet other, civilized, countries, there seems to be no problem with labelling floors for what they are.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I need to drink more I guess...................OK, I still think this is silly.
We have had these discussions and I still see no real evidence. Isn't that what we're here for? Conjecture is fine in some cases but not really what anyone here is looking for.
Let's see this so called "device" activated. I'll be pleasantly surprised and eat my cat.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Cats are OK on the diet of those nations in Asia where 14th floors are omitted.

It is not legal in the majority of States in the USA to eat a domestic cat.

Or is it?

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Well MA, I'll put it this way.
My cats are higher on the food chain on my property than any human or beast. I'll shoot either that threaten my "herd".

How's that for fuel?

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
MA If I catch you even looking at my cat the wrong way expect trouble.

Ok lets get serious....

www.nunki.net...

Any thoughts?

[Edited on 26-8-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I'll go ahead and say that Babel could have been some sort of gate, but not in the sense that people are thinking. Anything is possible with the guidance of God, so, if there was a gate, it was more than likely the work of God. Any 'Ghouls' or 'mysterious masters with friggin gold crap on their foreheads' is just a load of bunk. Peace.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Bravo, what a great link, I like it.

Lets not forget though that is was the ability of Men to work in unity to subvert God's will that was the heart of the problem, not the tower itself.

The building at the end of the day was just a building. But the people wouldn't "go forth and populate the world" as ordered to but instead disobeyed and wanted to stay in one place.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
great link...I especially loved this excerpt from Genesis:

Now Yahweh came down to see the city and the tower that the people had built. 'So they are all a single people with a single language!' said Yahweh. 'This is only the start of their undertakings! Now nothing they plan to do will be beyond them. Come, let us go down and confuse their language there, so that they cannot understand one another.' Yahweh scattered them thence all over the world, and they stopped building the city.

Damned little bastard!!! Sometimes I think that Yahweh = Loki....
Kind and loving God...indeed.... Often in the bible, seems that all you see is God constantly and purposefully stunting man's progression....

Or, is it the Church (as the ones writing the book) who is doing so???

[Edited on 26-8-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The Tower of a Babel is a Stargate
Now I'm confused.

I was always taught that it was an extremely large tower back in ancient times where everyone spoke the same language, then god was angry for some reason and destroyed the tower which is why there are many different languages today, or something like that.

Now a stargate? That really messes things up. I'm going to look into this.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
theres loads of stuff about the stargate in Iraq, its very interesting topic

<<   2 >>

join