It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who else gets sleep paralysis?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I've had this thru out my life, in fact just had it 2 nights ago. In all those times I have never ever had the impression of anyone in the room, or pressing down on me, or ANYTHING unusual, aside from the feeling of panic I cannot move.
I have to 'yell' or scream myself awake to wake up my body but thats about it. And I've been into sci-fi since I was a kid (used to watch Star Trek TOS at age 5!) I'd be the perfect candidate to fob this off for 'Alien abduction' Sorry, aint happening. My mind is more primed than the average person to attibute this to an Alien experience..but I dont. So dont too much credence to 'experts' or skeptics who say abductions are just sleep paralysis. Believe me I'd rather be abducted than suffer with this.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I get sp about twice a year and it never ceases to amaze me or frighten the living daylights out of me. The last one was last summer, when on a sp forum i was told just wiggle your fingers or toe's or both. A few night's later i woke up to find an alien finger right under my nose, wiggling at me. I thought this thing is takling the mick out of me! It was long thin and boney, like ET'S with what looked like a red fingernail on the end of it.
It kept speeding and slowing down up deliberately missing the tip of my nose. Bareing in mind i could not move, this went on for about 10 minutes, until i blacked out, or went to sleep. It was as solid and as real as anything one could imagine!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I had "sleep paralysis" once. This was years ago when I was 18.

It was evening and dark and I was lying on a bed looking out of a window at my aunt's house where I was staying. This transparent sphere then came out of the wall above me, to my left and about 2m in front of me. You could see the circumference of it as it came through the wall, but you could also see the street lights outside the window through it. It was like looking through black mesh and it was about 0.75m in diameter.

It had 2 eyes and a big mouth with shark like teeth; eyes and mouth were yellow and they were like they were painted on it. Don't ask me how, but I got the impression it was female. Then it attacked me.

A hell of a fight then ensued which toasted a good part of the room and I ended up on the floor. It scared the living cr4p out of me and it was only a couple of years ago I looked up what it could be on the internet, never having told anyone about what happened. It scared me so much that I still won't stay in a room which has blank wall areas bigger than 2 metres square, unless I can cover that area up and I always check that any adjacent rooms haven't been unused for any length of time. Don't know why, but I feel a lot safer.

"sleep paralysis" my a$$ and the scariest thing ever.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I'm having a very meloncholy moment and have been reflecting on my experiences with sp all day. It is strange tho because i try so hard not to think about it, for fear of bringing it on. Sometimes i just can't help it.
There have been times where it has affected me so badly that i have been in shock for weeks, even months afterwards. But what can you do? Who is there to talk to? I found an sp forum a couple of years back and i cried my eyes out, because i actually found other ppl who had had similar things to me. Not exactly the same, but you just know that ppl wouldn't talk about such personal things to complete strangers if they didn't believe it to be true. I for one have better things to do and i'm sure others have than making up stories too. Since then i found on the site all they talk about is out of body experiences and say that is all sp is!
Well certainly for me i have only had an oobe twice and i didnt induce it, it just happened.
I still remember with complete acuracy all the events that have happened to me. My biggest fear over the years was it happeneing to my daughter. This doe's not seem to be the case tho i am relieved to say!
Please can someone talk to me about it. I feel a bit freaky and very alone. I don't think for one minute that it is a chemical inbalance in the brain. It is too random and graffic. I put on a brave face, but underneath it all i am terribly confused. I have seen an alien, had an operation on my brain, teeth and god knows what. anyone help?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
SP has been a topic of interest of mines for a while now. Everytime I have an episode, it's absolutely terrifying. Probably the worst fear I've ever experienced. The first time I had it, I actually feared sleeping itself for the next month or so. Thats how bad it was.

The weirdest thing is that it happens in syncopation with the event of my dream. Like the events in my dream unfold in a purposeful, intelligent manner which eventually lead up to sleep paralysis, if that makes sense. It's like the orgasm of a nightmare. When I'm in a dream, somewhere in it I'll begin hearing a ringing noise that gets louder and louder in pitch. The ringing is comparable to the noise a steam whistle from a pressure cooker makes when there's too much pressure. When it's at it's highest pitch, my head starts to vibrate, much the same as if you contracted your neck muscles to a point where your head started trembling. While this is happening, two things can happen: 1) either I'll panic and feel completely terrified, or 2) I'll spin away from my sleeping body. Sometimes both happen.

At times, the vibration is so strong I'll feel like I'm having a nocturnal seizure or something. It's very strange. The accepted, "scientific" explanation makes sense to a point, but it still doesn't account for a lot of things. Why is that it that there's always a negative "presence" felt by the experiencer? Whats the electric ringing and vibrating about? Why does it feel like we float away from our sleeping bodies? Why does it seem to occur completely at random? I've yet to hear a "scientific" explanation that encompased all these elements.

For now, I'll continue believing that there's a metaphysical/spiritual meaning behind these experiences. I'm also recently leaning toward them being abduction from beings in another, "etheric" plane of existence, aka the astral realm.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by cmazzagatti]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I think that too my friend. I saw an alien once. I have heard the whistling noise many times and have lost count the electric buzzing in my head. Sometimes it is like something is throwing invisable ping pong balls at the back of my head and they kind of explode on impact, creating a bright white light in my head for a few seconds. One time it use to feel like an invisable disc was slicing though my brain. I could actually feel it. So weird. SOmetimes i can't find the words to describe it.
I haven't been too bad lately and i haven't had it in a while, so that's good i spose.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I havent had sleep paralysis but I have become my tongue a few times.
When your body shuts down while falling asleep, all your senses shut down one by one over time until your asleep. All senses but one. The Tongue. It stays awake as not to get swallowed. So if your still awake when you only have your tongue left, you believe you are your tongue. It's a wierd experience to say the least. You feel a bit like a cartoon character holding up the ceiling of the animated screen that has a matress like texture if you know what I mean except I have no limbs of which to hold up the ceiling with. Like I said, a very weird experience. :-O

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join