It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran allocates $1b to Iraq reconstruction

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
ITs all good mate!

just some people on this site i cant stand,
and im sure people cant stand me.
but when people bring up threads from other posts just to stir the pot..

its just sh1t.
Its like a women bringing up points from arguments months n months back.
when u arguing over soemthing completely different.

anyways...

Chanting and huffing and puffing is one thing.

but taking over embassies, kidnappign and holding hostage american workers...
chanting death to america/israel i feel is a lil more than just ranting and raving.

Looking at the situation now.
If the us is priming up for a terror attack, and retaliation against Iran,
why give away a billion doalls u could use on your own defense..

Iraq isnt much of a defense..
look how they reacted with the USA invasion?
and being its the USA ni control of Iraq at the moment,
whats the use in giving the enemy who's supposidly going to conquer u a billion dollars.?

Id like to thnk Iran is doing this out fo the goodness of there hearts, and to HELP the Iraq country.

But I dont see it beign the case.
It wouldnt surprise me if it was a large number of insurgents coming out of Iran into Iraq anyways.

[edit on 27-7-2005 by GlobalDisorder]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GloIbalDisorder
I love history.

especially the parts about gassing them nasty old Jews right....LOL

Amuk feels him comments are superior.

not really ..........but if you see them as such.....LOL

He hadn't come into this thread but came in straight away with a quickline determined to cause conflict.

How? By *GASP* disagreeing with you? What was I thinking......LOL

he then edits his post, to include posts from OTHER threads he feels will cause conflict.

I edited it to change a sentence structure which you so graciously pointed out didn't make sense. The Jew remark was a might tacky but I am not the one singing the praises of "Mien Kampf" am I? I just wanted people to know the type of person that is posting.

So yes,
if he has nothing too ADD to a post, and merely comes in to STIR emotions..

Other then to disagree with you and point out a rather large hole in your logic.....but we cant have disagreement and debate on a debate board can we.......oh wait I think we can.

he's riding his high mod horse.

With my mod cowboy boots and cowboy hat and my little six shooting cap pistol......LOL

If someoen comes in to stir me up, he'lll ill come back to stir it up.

What a razor sharp comeback.....LOL can you translate it into English?

Why do people whinge and cry when a debate gets heated up.

Like you? Remember Hitler doesnt like a cry baby

I agree that administrations change, enemies becmoing friends and vice versa,
but Iran hasnt changed administrations.

But Iraq has. Did The US change administrations after WW2? How about The UK? It is in Iran's interest that Iraq is not in a Religious Civil War because as you so brilliantly pointed out they are neighbors and it could easily spill over into Iran.

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Hey, Amuk is from Arkansas. What makes you think he'd kick the dog?

Sorry, Amuk; I couldn't help it!

I am a pig man myself which COULD have put his sister in danger.....LOL

[edit on 27-7-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Amuk Grow up.
This thread isnt worth replying anymore simply because your in it.
t055ar

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

tehrantimes

AMMAN (IRNA) -- Iraqi Minister of Electricity Abd al-Muhsin Shalash said Iran allocated one billion dollars for reconstruction of the war-torn Iraq, which will be mainly spent on infrastructural projects, particularly, energy industry.

Talking to reporters, Shalash said Iran and Germany, during an international conference on Iraq reconstruction recently held in Brussels, expressed their will to participate in reconstruction of Iraq's electricity industry projects.

It's great that two countries who were at war with each other for so long have now patched things up. I hope they can build that relationship even further, in addition to rebuilding the infrastructure.

Yeah! Hopefully now, Hezbollah will open offices in Baghdad! What a brilliant comment

Since you're an obviousl liberal I'll let it slide.

Sep

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
Yeah! Hopefully now, Hezbollah will open offices in Baghdad! What a brilliant comment

Since you're an obviousl liberal I'll let it slide.

So are yousaying that you are against Iran giving money to the Iraqi governmet or are you against the realtionship between Iran and Iraq?

D

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I wish people would stop throwing the conservative and liberal label around. There are more than 2 schools of politics and ideology. if you're ready to umbrella yourself or blanket someone else with these labels then this really goes to show your narrow minded views and your lack of ability to form your own personal opinions.

[edit on 28/7/05 by D]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by D
I wish people would stop throwing the conservative and liberal label around. There are more than 2 schools of politics and ideology. if you're ready to umbrella yourself or blanket someone else with these labels then this really goes to show your narrow minded views and your lack of ability to form your own personal opinions.

[edit on 28/7/05 by D]

Unfortunately thats the way small minded people deal with things that cannot handle or comprehend...they just give them a label or a category.

They need a yes or no, a black or white answer. They seem to think in binary.

As for the topic, this is excellent news for both countries. They just recentley signed trade agreements I believe.

Its good seeing all these middle eastern countries getting together and supporting each other and opening trade borders. Iran has good ties with Afganistan and Iraq now. It should help to stabalise the region and bring prosperity to all involved.

[edit on 28-7-2005 by Kriz_4]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
C'mon ppl, step back, take a deep breath and calm down. My opinion, you all missed the obvious...
AMMAN (IRNA) -- Iraqi Minister of Electricity Abd al-Muhsin Shalash said Iran allocated one billion dollars for reconstruction of the war-torn Iraq, which will be mainly spent on infrastructural projects, particularly, energy industry.

Talking to reporters, Shalash said Iran and Germany, during an international conference on Iraq reconstruction recently held in Brussels, expressed their will to participate in reconstruction of Iraq's electricity industry projects.
end quote

energy, industry, electricity... doesn't this have that E=MC^2 ring to it?
Ok, knee jerk reaction aside, perhaps good ole Iran (getting Germany to go along with it to give it some credibility perhaps?)has found compassion towards a fellow Muslim (insert incredulous sigh here) The Q'uran states that tithes don't get paid to a mosque, that monies instead be put forward to help those of their faith that don't have means. Yeah, whooosh that money flowing into the Palestinians sure created a vaccum with the rushing in of it.

My take on this is that Iran does indeed want to help in the shaping of Iraq, for their own influence to strengthen within the region (undermine from within, then take over) and if they could get a nuke program developed in Iraq, then did launch against Israel, it would be from Iraq (being friends and all)
I sincerely hope that Iran has it's heart in the right place but giving the history of the Arab world and the fact that they can never get along with each other never mind the hatred they feel for America, democracy, and the infidels being on their soil, I'm inclined to think they just want to demonstrate a kindness to gain support in the Arab world then use it to their own advantage.
There is a Chinese curse that goes "May you live in interesting times" and this to say the least is interesting.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I suppose if Iran wants to give money to help their neighbours, they are perfectly entitled to do so.

This could be viewed in a different light, however, if Iraq adopts the name 'Islamic Republic Of Iraq', as has been proposed in some quarters -

Adding to the alarm of secularists, as well as Iraq's non-Muslim minorities, conservative Shia members on the drafting committee are pressing for the country to be renamed the ``Islamic Republic of Iraq''.

Source

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I suppose if Iran wants to give money to help their neighbours, they are perfectly entitled to do so.

Without a doubt. It's their motives in doing so that raises flags of concern. Did they offer to help Kuwait, or any of the other neighbours? In all fairness, a helping hand in Kuwait would have put them back into an active war with Iraq and if it weren't for the USA going in, there would have been a major power shift in the region with Sadam coming out on top and oil prices going through the roof.
In all fairness to Sadam, he did have a valid complaint with regards to the slant drilling, but IMHO the money the world spends on military would have gotten us alternative energy by now. Wouldn't that diffuse the entire Middle East scenario other than the Arab/Jew conflict?
It is really hard to understand a nations motives when you are hated for being stronger, although that is changing. There are those who don't engage in active war yet build up their resources. In a war of attrition with China, we would lose so count on the next war being a fast one. We all lose though... unless you count yourself a believer and praise God, this world needs the Second Coming.

[edit on 28-7-2005 by keybored]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Perhaps Iran see's the writing on the wall.

Iraq has a Shiite majority and so does Iran...so why not help a brother?
The previous wars between these two countries was started by a Sunni and now he's in a cell awaiting trial, so I don't think the previous war will affect future relations...in fact if my feeling is correct, Iran and Iraq may merge into a shiite super-power....thanks to America.

Course I hope Im wrong, someone please correct me if I am.

Maximu§

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
No, I'd think you got it right. It isn't the name of the country but the religious affiliation that matters to them and they are banding together thanks to the war on terror. And as previously stated, (in my own words here) the war should have been fought on the moral front and not the military option. I'm not sure which thread I posted thie following on but it is so apt...
If only we could look instead of gawking,
We'd see the horror in the heart of farce.
If only we could act instead of talking,
we would not always end up on our arse.
Do not rejoice in his defeat you men,
For though the world stood up and stopped the bastard,
The bitch that bore him is in heat again.
Morris West

Until the underlying problem is addressed, nothing short of the Second Coming will bring peace to a world that is fueled by emotion.

If there are any political entities reading this, perhaps a quote from a song by 3 doors down (Landing in London) would speak for our troops.
"I just can't wait to get back home" This line was actually sung by Bob Seger in the song and is so moving that it is filled with the emotion that our men and women of the Services must be feeling. I feel for them too...

If there are any Muslims reading this, perhaps you'd understand that Americans don't want to be there, we do what our patriotic duty calls us to do. Stop trying to bend the will of America (globally) and we could all live in peace. The reality is that you are in a better position to stop your infliction of pain and suffering than we are able to stop our policy. Foreign aid would be a better expenditure than replenishing military hardware.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join